Why is my participation % in the Amnytas meta falling while I'm actively doing events?

My participation went down from 66% to 25% (!!!) while doing the first phase of the maw. All while actively fighting enemies. What is this nonsense?  No wonder there's so many leechers around when you're getting actively punished for playing the game. I'll just sit on my skyscale and spam 2 from now on, too. Why bother when in the end I'm getting the same garbage tier loot anyway.

Also, how in the hell is this still a problem? Did the studio forget everything it learned with HoT? Or is there nobody left at the company who remembers these lessons anymore?

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

It happened to me all the time since release and people posted about it back then, I ended up only doing the first event then leeching until the last phase. And leeching the other two metas, too. Almost done with the 90 metas and then I can gladly remove SotO metas from my gameplay loop.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I've never had participation go above 60-ish percent, no matter what I do. I regularly see it go down as well. This is the only meta for me that doesn't quickly get to 200% and stay there. I stopped caring because I'm always getting the daily reward chest anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's not a design thing because it doesn't happen to everyone, so maybe calm down a bit and rather than getting excessively angry towards the devs, maybe make a bug report. This isn't the first time I've read about this, but unless those affected send a bug report with information to increase the chance of replicating it, it is going to be hard to identify and fix it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have not experienced this personally, but a I have seen two people in the zone chat on two different days, maybe like three weeks apart, asking why they lost participation percent.  Both of these happened like over a month ago at the least.   I remember it because the chat went on for a while after we opened the chests and in both cases all replies told them to bug report it.  I would suggest the same.

Edited by Surelia.2651
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I noticed that, when I get possessed and have to go towards the light after getting teleported, my participation drops by 10%. It has something to do with going near the golems to get protection in their green circle. But maybe that’s what’s going on.  Maybe it’s a punishment for temporarily joining enemy forces and working against Mosaic Wrath. Not sure. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Isnt there a participation % per phase? 

Yes and no. You get certain % progress per event/phase, but there are situations that may cause your participation to decay. Yoga phase alone usually costs me at least 10% (which is not regained after yoga is done, btw - to qualify for participation % you must kill mobs, doing mechanics is not enough). It seems that as soon as you stop attacking, the decay can trigger very fast. Sometimes (like someone mentioned) it can even trigger due to getting caught in the dark room, or when you are flying from place to place when doing the events off platform (or due to dying and having to respawn).

Also, there's something weird with how the participation bar is scaled. Getting around 60% at the end even with full participation and actively doing everything is quite normal, and achieving 100% (let's not even talk about 200%) would likely be impossible even without the decay.

Honestly, why it wasn't addressed yet i have no idea.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

If you change maps it resets your participation. All I can think of.

It's not that. It happens during an active metaevent without map switching. I thought i was quite clear when i described how it happens.

The participation decay system in Amnytas is something completely new, that wasn't used before, and it is just plain clear that there are some major issues with how it works. It should be fixed. Instead, it is more likely that (as many of the systems that were left behind dying on the wayside in the past) it will just quietly get forgotten and left in its broken state.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I've never had participation go above 60-ish percent, no matter what I do.

I usually see 130-170% at the end. I don't do anything special, but I'm usually first to complete, so I might tag a second event per phase, and I always do the tentacles instead of going up top, since nobody else used to do them.

• Like 2