Tempest is Fully Broken!

recipesw.7453

Hello guys, I believe most of you agree with the title. When I play the game, I join WvW and PvP for some time.

What I've seen regarding Elementalists, and especially Tempests, is indescribable. In WvW a Tempest took down 7 non-elementalist players with exceptional ease and only once got endangered but quickly fully healed and in PvP 5 players hunted one tempest and were unable to take him down.

Even I created an Elementalist out of curiosity and I gotta say that I've never seen a character that can do literally anything in the game. Heal (Water), Damage (Fire), Stability (Earth), Mobility (Air), all are his and belong to him alone. I decided to delete the game out of disappointment cause it doesn't matter what we do in PvP, a tempest joins and either our enemy wins or we win cause of one tempest. It's a disappointment and the developers have read many times about the op tempest but they decided, obviously, to buff him further in the latest major update.

Share your ideas. Hope this time they will decide to finally do something about it.

P.L.

This is the last time I edit this post. To all those who claim I suck in PvP, I gotta say that most of time I am the highest DPS.

To those who claim that Tempests need buffing, I gotta say, find another class with four different weapon skill sets each doing a complerely different job (Damage/Condi, Heal/Regen, Mobility/Crit, Protection/Stability.

To those who claim this is a troll post, I'm rather serious.

And finally to those who can't survive as tempests, check your build.

Edited by recipesw.7453
Gotta answer to few..
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 12

13 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

it's posts like this that make me feel like a terrible elementalist player. I have attacked full zergs in wvw on my own and never taken them down. I can only presume they were hacking and/or blame the wvw beta

Don't be so discouraged Atoclone. This Tempest he speaks of was probably  a Vit Condi Toughness Healing power build. They're just a fire bunker and if you foolishly walk into its fire overload with all his stab up you will die and Im sure thats exactly what 7 people did. You just need to build for your strengths then play for scenarios that work for your build. We're all gimmicks running around trying to get the other player.

2 hours ago, Regalia.3765 said:

Don't be so discouraged Atoclone. This Tempest he speaks of was probably  a Vit Condi Toughness Healing power build. They're just a fire bunker and if you foolishly walk into its fire overload with all his stab up you will die and Im sure thats exactly what 7 people did. You just need to build for your strengths then play for scenarios that work for your build. We're all gimmicks running around trying to get the other player.

Or not walking into fire might also work out. I mean some od us know that fire = bad bit i guess others still have a long way to go.

• Like 1

Is the op talking about 2-4 builds as if they are being used at the same time?

Tempest is on its death bed in most game types (spvp is an dead game type so lol if that your point of view of balancing). The lack of utility at the cost of being able to heal something that other healing classes don't have to make a real chose min max for healing and utility. As for the dmg side the need of tempest to go into melee ranged to do most of its dmg (though overloads) is death most of the time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, recipesw.7453 said:

Hello guys, I believe most of you agree with the title. When I play the game, I join WvW and PvP for some time.

What I've seen regarding Elementalists, and especially Tempests, is indescribable. In WvW a Tempest took down 7 non-elementalist players with exceptional ease and only once got endangered but quickly fully healed and in PvP 5 players hunted one tempest and were unable to take him down.

Even I created an Elementalist out of curiosity and I gotta say that I've never seen a character that can do literally anything in the game. Heal (Water), Damage (Fire), Stability (Earth), Mobility (Air), all are his and belong to him alone. I decided to delete the game out of disappointment cause it doesn't matter what we do in PvP, a tempest joins and either our enemy wins or we win cause of one tempest. It's a disappointment and the developers have read many times about the op tempest but they decided, obviously, to buff him further in the latest major update.

Share your ideas. Hope this time they will decide to finally do something about it cause the situation ruined an once-nice-game.

So you complain about a supporter being a supporter?

And you complain about groups without support sucking in PvP?

I think the only thing broken here is player skill.

• Like 3

I somewhat agree, Tempest and Elementalist in general is very strong especially with Celestial stats but it's not unkillable. 

Some builds/weapons can ruin their day. In particular any channel based attacks that avoids projectile denials. I'm thinking Ranger Staff or Engineer flamethrower. 

Unblockables and AoE are also very strong vs Elementalist but to a lesser extent. 

There's no decent DPS or boon DPS build for it. And don't even get me started on Heal Tempest; it's playing second fiddle to Heal Scrapper or Heal Mechanist. 
It's like Tempest is at the bottom of the priority list.

Let's talk about those needed buffs. 
Overload Air used to be something, but now it's a shadow of its former self. 
Lightning Flash? It's got a 35-second cooldown, not even a stun break, and a measly 900 range. Seriously, is this 2023 or 2012?

The traits aren't playing nice either. Alacrity traits are in a tussle with the healing ones. 
And what's the deal with turning Water Trident into a total dud of a skill? It's like Anet just squashed the one way Warhorn Tempest could do some ranged healing.

I mean, they had three whole months to cook up this balance patch, and this is what they served? 
Scrapper gets buffs, and it's already outshining Firebrand in most encounters. 
But Tempest, poor Tempest, is left hanging. It's like Anet's playing hide-and-seek with it.

It's got me wondering, how do we even talk to Anet when they're not even acknowledging Tempest's existence? 

The real broken thing is the 111 bomb Engineer, top DPS on auto, easy as heck.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

If 5 people run after a bunker ele, what kind of elo are we talking about? 300?

On 1/21/2024 at 7:03 PM, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Last night I jumped in a Zerg, overloaded Fire, and boom 40 kills without losing even half my lifebar.

Please nerf.

merely a fleshwound, i Jumped into a zerg in a keep last night and my overload was so powerful the entire keep exploded.

1 hour ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

merely a fleshwound, i Jumped into a zerg in a keep last night and my overload was so powerful the entire keep exploded.

„I don’t need a zerg. A zerg needs me.“

~chuck norris, ele-main

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

There's no decent DPS or boon DPS build for it. And don't even get me started on Heal Tempest; it's playing second fiddle to Heal Scrapper or Heal Mechanist. 
It's like Tempest is at the bottom of the priority list.

Let's talk about those needed buffs. 
Overload Air used to be something, but now it's a shadow of its former self. 
Lightning Flash? It's got a 35-second cooldown, not even a stun break, and a measly 900 range. Seriously, is this 2023 or 2012?

The traits aren't playing nice either. Alacrity traits are in a tussle with the healing ones. 
And what's the deal with turning Water Trident into a total dud of a skill? It's like Anet just squashed the one way Warhorn Tempest could do some ranged healing.

I mean, they had three whole months to cook up this balance patch, and this is what they served? 
Scrapper gets buffs, and it's already outshining Firebrand in most encounters. 
But Tempest, poor Tempest, is left hanging. It's like Anet's playing hide-and-seek with it.

It's got me wondering, how do we even talk to Anet when they're not even acknowledging Tempest's existence? 

The real broken thing is the 111 bomb Engineer, top DPS on auto, easy as heck.

I agree with you on this totally , but i think ppl here are referring to the actual state of tempest in pvp/wvw not in pve where it is indeed bulls***. Those modes are completely different from each other , while i can see the absolute efficiency of auras is wvw/pvp , the effects of those are near useless in pve just as an example ( a zerg blob shooting all projectiles together on the tempest while mag aura is active or shared to some fellas , yum ❤️ ) , so quite a thing to balance in a gamemode mode without breaking the other gamemode. 

• Confused 1

Oh come on. Outside of cms maybe, tempest is totally fine. As is healsupport or alac support. No problemo.

So pvp, wvw, open world, strikes and fracs up to T4 … all can be played just fine by eles in general and tempest specifically.

does he has issues? Yes. Every profession has. Is he valid and can be played in at leas 95% of the friggin game? Yes ofc.

jfc it’s the same overdramatic divas as in all other profession forums in here, one could think we are in a mexican telenovela.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Thanks 1

Is this a real or serious post?  OP must never have played tempest before.  It feels more likely that the tempest player was really really really good and lucky and was using gear and build really suitable to roaming.

There are so many other elite specs in wvw that just rock and I would not have counted tempest among them.  

On 1/19/2024 at 1:21 AM, Tom.8029 said:

Can I have your stuff???

Anet should have a storage war's-style auction on the stuff owned by players who rage quit.  

Well the thing is when every patch comes along some classes are broken or a few spec changes and they are OP. Reason why I have one of each class and use the latest Broken/OP builds because ANET made it possible. Also learning/using all the classes we know which ones carries a player and which one does not so many times it is not a player's skill that beat you - its the OP/Broken class of the latest patch that did this for you.

4 hours ago, killforbeers.7534 said:

Well the thing is when every patch comes along some classes are broken or a few spec changes and they are OP. Reason why I have one of each class and use the latest Broken/OP builds because ANET made it possible. Also learning/using all the classes we know which ones carries a player and which one does not so many times it is not a player's skill that beat you - its the OP/Broken class of the latest patch that did this for you.

But isn’t it boring to play guardian all the time?

• Haha 2