If transfers were free and all worlds open...

Chaba.5410

9 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Everyone: "Oh yeah I would transfer to T5 or T4 just to balance WvW, because that's best for good and fair fights!"

Also everyone: transfers to WSR

If it is anything like what was done for the 2nd WvW Tournament, it would be "I want to transfer to this low population server for a quiet WvW time" followed by, "Oh hey, why is everyone coming here?  This isn't what I wanted!"

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Everyone: "Oh yeah I would transfer to T5 or T4 just to balance WvW, because that's best for good and fair fights!"

Also everyone: transfers to WSR

Don't come to WSR, it's boring af atm.

If I go into the borderlands and i can't find stuff to fight or bomb I'll move, I don't care about bandwagons who's winning and who has the best community, all I want is to go into a borderland and find people to fight, otherwise wtf am I doing in WvW in the first place?

Most of the tryhards would probably split onto a bunch of top-servers. Until they realize that map-capacity did not increase and they spend most of their time in the queue.

I would probably pick Ring of Fire again. Knowing the 'professionals' all left for those top-servers, it would be quite a chill atmosphere. Mostly PvE players doing their dailies and a bunch of fun-guilds. Linked and teamed up against other casual servers with similar populations. We could take turns claiming camps/towers/keeps and probably even make a schedule for claiming SMC. We could also pick one BL, probably an Alpine, to be a RP & Duel/GvG only map. Leaving two active borderlands + EB for ppt farming and achievement hunting/dailies/weeklies.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:37 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

Which server would you transfer to and why?

Have transferred just once in the decade plus to rejoin with players from Warhammer after reconnecting with them and losing others from Warhammer due to staleness of maps. So I would say none. Now would I update my second account I haven't been on since I don't remember when and go visiting overseas now that I have a connection that would allow for it, that's a big maybe.

I do admit I have found the server linking process we have had to be interesting and fun to connect with players from the other side of the fence. Been taking the beta in the same light. But that's for another thread. 

On 1/21/2024 at 12:26 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

#OpenBG!

lol, this is one server I have not seen SBI linked with. So no idea there. But you being you, lol. 

Hats off to all of those that go out of their way to promote their servers via videos. Warhammer NA wise there was an order Witch Hunter that did a video trying to recruit players to the other side in needing more numbers since the outnumbered buff was quite rewarding. Was fun to count coup on who could sneak up on who while roaming and was a game within the game that might lead to a dance off. So when they made this one made me laugh all more and curse them for trying to get more players to join Destro since we had a good balance at the time on both sides but Roamers and Havocs loved having more people to hunt and AAO bonus just upped the ante on that. 

"If transfers were free and all worlds open..."

A net tried this several years back - It is what first started the decline & slow death of WvW.

I wouldn't transfer server, there would be no point to it, it would solve nothing.

• Like 1