Ty for the DE nerfs!

Anyone who has played against a top 25 DE player, NA or EU knows just how frustrating it is to lock them down, if at all. They show up, burst at range, then disappear from existence just as fast. Only 1% of the population has issues with them. All the other lower rated DH players will say "DE wAs nEvEr aN iSsUe FoR mE".

DH nerf is unavoidable and is almost in line with Engi/Ranger/Mesmer, as they got their damaged nerfed in the last 5 pvp patches or so. It was only a matter of time until DH got their damaged checked.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Anyone who has played against a top 25 DE player, NA or EU knows just how frustrating it is to lock them down, if at all. They show up, burst at range, then disappear from existence just as fast. Only 1% of the population has issues with them. All the other lower rated DH players will say "DE wAs nEvEr aN iSsUe FoR mE".

DH nerf is unavoidable and is almost in line with Engi/Ranger/Mesmer, as they got their damaged nerfed in the last 5 pvp patches or so. It was only a matter of time until DH got their damaged checked.

I have been out of the spvp loop for years, but this skill damage has been the same for 4 years. I am unsure what changed now that it requires a nerf by 15%. And from my experience (again like 10 games in last year or so) is that LB damage sucks. So I am unsure. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

32 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

I have been out of the spvp loop for years, but this skill damage has been the same for 4 years. I am unsure what changed now that it requires a nerf by 15%. And from my experience (again like 10 games in last year or so) is that LB damage sucks. So I am unsure. 

Boyce got hit on stream for 10k by a True Shot with no Big Game Hunter mod so they probably gave it a lil tap to get ahead of that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Boyce got hit on stream for 10k by a True Shot with no Big Game Hunter mod so they probably gave it a lil tap to get ahead of that

If that were true then why didn't they just nerf Pure of Sight trait's 15% damage in the DH tree?

They nerfed LB damage for core/fb/WB power builds instead.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

If that were true then why didn't they just nerf Pure of Sight trait's 15% damage in the DH tree?

Prolly cause there's waaaayyyy too many modifiers for guardian in general and they don't know a good way to address specific sources of damage without harming anything else downstream

but also i don't feel bad for DH or DE
get dunked fotmers

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Prolly cause there's waaaayyyy too many modifiers for guardian in general and they don't know a good way to address specific sources of damage without harming anything else downstream

That's what i'm saying... DH was an issue, specifically Longbow. There's literally a trait in DH that is only specific to Longbow. Remove the 15% or w/e damage from there and adjust LB base coeficient accordingly. Instead, what they did was nerf Longbow on all specs which wasn't OP at all.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

There's literally a trait in DH that is only specific to Longbow.

Pure of Sight? That's all damage.
Same for Zealot's Aggression, Heavy Light, and Big Game Hunter. They work on all weapons.

Clearly it's not so simple, because they're intentionally wanting to target True Shot and not your damage coming from other sources, but don't have a way to do so.

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Pure of Sight? That's all damage.
Same for Zealot's Aggression, Heavy Light, and Big Game Hunter. They work on all weapons.

Clearly it's not so simple, because they're intentionally wanting to target True Shot and not your damage coming from other sources, but don't have a way to do so.

Pure of Sight: Deal bonus Strike Damage based on your distance. Minimum bonus damage 10% Max damage 15% (Trueshot range is 1500)

What else is DOING damage 1500 range away??? Nothing. Only Trueshot can get 15% increased damage nothing else.... Longbow damage didn't have to be nerfed for core guard/fb/wb specs.

4 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

What else is DOING damage 1500 range away??? Nothing

It's got dynamic scaling based on distance, though.

So yeah, you'd be nerfing, in varying degrees, anything that has damage from range, including scepter, pistol, focus, torch, traps (in some situations), hammer 3, utilities.

Try this: what would you change specifically in order to nerf only true shot, and only for DH. No collateral nerfs to other sources of damage.

That's where I think they're running into trouble.

55 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

It's got dynamic scaling based on distance, though.

So yeah, you'd be nerfing, in varying degrees, anything that has damage from range, including scepter, pistol, focus, torch, traps (in some situations), hammer 3, utilities.

Try this: what would you change specifically in order to nerf only true shot, and only for DH. No collateral nerfs to other sources of damage.

That's where I think they're running into trouble.

Pure of Sight: 1 handed projectiles within 300 range does 10% increased damage to enemies. (he's a dragonhunter after all)

There, answered your question lol :3

edited typo

Edited by Saiyan.1704

I literally got clowned by a DE last night. I was on wb too so it was pretty ridiculous. I port to it. It's gone. I port to the DE's new location. Oh it's gone again. I can't imagine how irritating fighting this on a build with no mobility would be like. What is the counter to it, anyway? Spellbreaker?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Reveals and projectile blocks. So holo or soulbeast can, sometimes tempest and cata can deny them to do anything. But with DEs, as long as they have all the time in the world they never lose a 1v1 unless they are making mistakes.

Edited by Endorphin.9147
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Elite Specialization: Designed around Stealth.

Community: NO! REMOVE THE STEALTH!

Elite Specialization: Designed around Stealth; without stealth.

Community: lol, skill issue.

(DE is degen, but there are better ways to go about bonking it on the noggin for hitting too hard and having more escape mechanics than any character from the Spy Kids movies).

Death's Advance getting hit and Skirmishing Shot getting hit was a perfect approach imo.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

I literally got clowned by a DE last night. I was on wb too so it was pretty ridiculous. I port to it. It's gone. I port to the DE's new location. Oh it's gone again. I can't imagine how irritating fighting this on a build with no mobility would be like. What is the counter to it, anyway? Spellbreaker?

I farmed quite a few roamer DE with vent dome/demon anquish on rev hybrid. One guy raged to WB in the next match, then Pm'd to announce he was going to focus me all game, imagine that.  Dome/anquish can keep up with, and break up its burst + counter the stealth with anguis pull. In group fights is not that easy, if I am not being focused I can counter them well, but not at all if focused. Tempest is better in that situation as mag is set and forget, so can do other things. Small skirmishes like 2v2s though, you can nullifie DE very easily with well timed domes/anguishes, but it ofc depends on your team mate being compitant to actually kill the other guy while you bide him that time.

Edited by Flowki.7194

4 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

patient Spellbreaker (dear god you have to be patient), DH, Sic-em Soulbeast, Projectile hate classes (including reflect mesmers, but every other mesmer is getting nuked). Everyone else is getting annoyed to death.

You can't chase them, you have to count their initiative uses and camp obstacles until they get frustrated and come in close, then beat them into the floor twice (because theyll have shadowstep at least.)

As a willbender you should be playing like a thief vs DE. Show up while theyre engaged, preferably if they are trying to recover or escape without a stunbreak. Don't overcommit, because by nature of their build they cant really stand on points. That's a losing MU if you're spending your ports chasing a DE around, they can do it better than you and -want- you to spend your offensives. Go put yourself someplace where they need to come to you in a chokepoint. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, I guess I'm making a sic em soulbeast then! 

Edit: I do have a tempest but I don't want to use that to 1v1 a DE. Would rather be at team fights and give out magnetic aura instead.

Edited by Kuya.6495

18 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Not sure how. I guess if DH is using Zerker, Scholar, had high number of might stacks and the target had 25 stacks of vulnerable. My experience (which again is limited as of late) with Zerker you could hit 5-6k with BGH and obviously while the target is tethered. 

It is an okayish nerf. Anet could have at least fixed deflecting shot.

• Confused 5

31 minutes ago, otto.5684 said:

Not sure how. I guess if DH is using Zerker, Scholar, had high number of might stacks and the target had 25 stacks of vulnerable. My experience (which again is limited as of late) with Zerker you could hit 5-6k with BGH and obviously while the target is tethered. 

It is an okayish nerf. Anet could have at least fixed deflecting shot.

If you watched the clip, Boyce only had scripple and 1 burn stack.
The DH didn't have anything on him.
Tagged Boyce at max range with a 10k trueshot.

They actually did it, I'm impressed.

Deadeyes will actually have to use the skills that were meant to do damage. After so long of getting spammed with Skirmisher's Shot Cripple over and over doing more damage than Double Tap and Three Round Burst with less Initiative.