Elementalists need to get nerfed.

^ As the title says, I think elementalist is the most kittenous class inside WvW at the moment and should get brought down to the level of other classes. 

I'm sick of people pretending it takes any form of nuance, prerequisite knowledge or thousands of hours of class playtime to get good on ele, when you can just pick up TWO weapons (Scepter and focus, instruments of the devil) and kill everything with ease and laugh while doing it! 

They have absurdly high damage, and an absurd amount of active defenses like invulns and blocks and their base amount of two evades. (They might have more idk i never actually played elementalist) Anyway, the main takeaway here being that anyone who mains elementalist is just a noob carried by OP weapons and obscene amounts of boonspam and CC and everything! Not to mention the 3 elite spec weapons which just add fuel to the fire, and are not terribly mid at all, making Elementalist a clear winner of weapon mastery training.

So yeah, the conclusion is simple. Absolutely start condemning entire classes even without any knowledge on them because it is totally based and you should really be doing that if you want to show those nasty [insert good players on other class] just how wrong they are. 

See you in the mists, suckers!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 14

16 minutes ago, Dagger.2035 said:

Here's what it feels like to play elementalist:

Not quite buddy. "Here's what it feels like to play core Elementalist in PvP" would be more accurate. This is a WvW forum and we're talking about expansion specs. One more thing, Necromancer is a counter to Elementalist so it's not too surprising if the Elementalist loses, this doesn't disprove the argument that certain Elementalist builds are busted.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

3 hours ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Not quite buddy. "Here's what it feels like to play core Elementalist in PvP" would be more accurate. This is a WvW forum and we're talking about expansion specs. One more thing, Necromancer is a counter to Elementalist so it's not too surprising if the Elementalist loses, this doesn't disprove the argument that certain Elementalist builds are busted.

It's a classic elementalist meme video from the past which I posted for a good laugh.

My serious take on the state of the game is to not worry about roaming balance since Anet doesn't care about it either.  It doesn't make sense to complain about one profession when all of them have very strong builds.  If you aren't playing the best build available to you, then it is your own fault for losing.  If you like a build just play it and have fun, but you will have to assume you will have to outplay your enemy at times and will encounter some matchups you can't win.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Every class has been power crept to the moon, so I wont comment on nerfing ele specifically. However, I have an issue with tempest and aftershock.

This skill is obnoxious af; I get hit with it pretty much every engage versus a boonball. No tell, no counter-play, just immobilized. Either give aftershock the sandstorm shroud treatment where the skill has a detonation aoe circle that can be kited/dodged, or have the immobilize effect only happen in the blast radius (240) so the tempest actually has to be in melee range to land it. Being able to just play piano in a boonball and press a button with such a devastating effect is lame as hell.

Also, different class, but the same goes for reapers and chilled to the bone; it should have a detonation effect. Getting immob'd or stunned for 4 seconds next to a boonball is instant death unless you have full cd's. Give players the opportunity to dodge these skills.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hyperballad.5693 said:

Every class has been power crept to the moon, so I wont comment on nerfing ele specifically. However, I have an issue with tempest and aftershock.

This skill is obnoxious af; I get hit with it pretty much every engage versus a boonball. No tell, no counter-play, just immobilized. Either give aftershock the sandstorm shroud treatment where the skill has a detonation aoe circle that can be kited/dodged, or have the immobilize effect only happen in the blast radius (240) so the tempest actually has to be in melee range to land it. Being able to just play piano in a boonball and press a button with such a devastating effect is lame as hell.

Also, different class, but the same goes for reapers and chilled to the bone; it should have a detonation effect. Getting immob'd or stunned for 4 seconds next to a boonball is instant death unless you have full cd's. Give players the opportunity to dodge these skills.

Ok being serious here for a second, the 2 skills you mentioned have pretty obvious tells when you fight a tempest or a Reaper that runs them in a vacuum. You can see the ice particles congregating around the necro's throat, and THEN does Cttb happen, and Aftershock is where you first get crippled but if you dodge right after you can avoid the immob.

These are all fine and dandy yea but in a zergfight are hard to notice indeed, at the same time tho there is only the game's visual clutter to blame for that. 

Honestly the only 2 changes I'd make about these 2 (or rather most shout skills tbh) is to not have their radius so fuking big because goddamn a Reaper doesn't even have to be near you to potetionally land that stun that it has already 5 of anyway xD kinda crazy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Ok being serious here for a second, the 2 skills you mentioned have pretty obvious tells when you fight a tempest or a Reaper that runs them in a vacuum. You can see the ice particles congregating around the necro's throat, and THEN does Cttb happen, and Aftershock is where you first get crippled but if you dodge right after you can avoid the immob.

These are all fine and dandy yea but in a zergfight are hard to notice indeed, at the same time tho there is only the game's visual clutter to blame for that. 

Fair enough, I agree. I wish ANET was more consistent with the clutter. A boonball will instantly cleanse the torment and reapply the boons from sandstorm shroud, yet is has a very distinct aoe warning/tell. While skills that root you and are responsible for most deaths are impossible to see.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Codename T.2847 said:

^ As the title says, I think elementalist is the most kittenous class inside WvW at the moment and should get brought down to the level of other classes. 

I'm sick of people pretending it takes any form of nuance, prerequisite knowledge or thousands of hours of class playtime to get good on ele, when you can just pick up TWO weapons (Scepter and focus, instruments of the devil) and kill everything with ease and laugh while doing it! 

They have absurdly high damage, and an absurd amount of active defenses like invulns and blocks and their base amount of two evades. (They might have more idk i never actually played elementalist) Anyway, the main takeaway here being that anyone who mains elementalist is just a noob carried by OP weapons and obscene amounts of boonspam and CC and everything! Not to mention the 3 elite spec weapons which just add fuel to the fire, and are not terribly mid at all, making Elementalist a clear winner of weapon mastery training.

So yeah, the conclusion is simple. Absolutely start condemning entire classes even without any knowledge on them because it is totally based and you should really be doing that if you want to show those nasty [insert good players on other class] just how wrong they are. 

I'm leaving this here even though I know you're being sardonic 😂

Excellent ****post, OP. It's artwork.

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

I'm leaving this here even though I know you're being sardonic 😂

Excellent ****post, OP. It's artwork.

This goes literally for every class out there, you get called OP, salt whispered, tanky shitter, stats abuser, hacker etc etc....if you dodge/survive the usual wambo combo ...copy pasted from somewhere. The vast vast majority of GW2 players effectively don't know that dodging is a think...like is kiting and LoS...most GW2 players are just straight line movement wambo combo and straight to the forum if you don't die to them and actually win instead

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

This goes literally for every class out there, you get called OP, salt whispered, tanky shitter, stats abuser, hacker etc etc....if you dodge/survive the usual wambo combo ...copy pasted from somewhere. The vast vast majority of GW2 players effectively don't know that dodging is a think...like is kiting and LoS...most GW2 players are just straight line movement wambo combo and straight to the forum if you don't die to them and actually win instead

Because I was told that if I load up the latest meme template I wouldn't have to play, the OP build does all the work for me right? Right?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Dodging is so toxic tho. Totally passive gameplay! You just press a button an lol-out every damage.

i think dodges should be disabled when fighting willbenders or thieves or mirages with oneshot combos. Only so you have to use your brain and THINK!!!! How to survive the other guy, pressing 2 buttons (which is superhigh skill ceiling ofc)

in case someones confused now, I’m kidding.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Non communication of what wrong with the class just lots of implying.

Ele is in the worst place it has ever been in wvw. Tempest is by far the worst support of the support classes weaver is an very week dps class vs the boon ball (something that weaver should be made to deal with if the boon ball stands still) and cata is missing utility effects like boon strip to ever be an real an utility class or at least fill that dps burser class.

Also wvw spvp even pve is not balanced arond 1v1. Some times the game is just going to be messed up for burst skills and ele is not the worst one at doing this (see mez burst dmg.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheIceman.1039 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When I look at the million nerf topics on this forum, how about a nerf everything... and we just give everyone a stick.

Agree. I was going to add snark here, but this is a Tues/Thursday thread and its Friday so, I can only add agree. Happy Reset and Good Hunting to all!

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Agree. I was going to add snark here, but this is a Tues/Thursday thread and its Friday so, I can only add agree. Happy Reset and Good Hunting to all!

Its weird right ppl are so all in on trying to kill the boon ball but they go over the top about classes doing too much dmg the very thing you want to deal with that very boon ball! Its very frustrating.

Ele realty needs to be an zone cotnorl class when using staff to be that class the ele should be rewarded for keeping ppl in there pAoE and not reward ppl for spamming support to stay in such zone control (getting condis to convert into boons and taking less dmg from the high end effect per hit taken.) Standing still should be good at dealing with one hit burst effects kind of "shielding your ranks" but it should be very week to pAoE or pulsing effects that keep hitting over time.

• Confused 1

On 2/2/2024 at 12:41 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

Well yea, you ruined their montage and they'll have to spend like 3 hours editing it to make it look they are beating you (sudden cut to black)

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

On 2/1/2024 at 1:08 AM, Codename T.2847 said:

the engineer killed me yesterday with two 10k dmg shots, please nerf. so that's about the telling value of your post

• Confused 2

On 2/2/2024 at 11:54 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Ok confused emoji peeps. Its now Saturday so snark is now valid. So I will share.

On 2/2/2024 at 10:47 AM, TheIceman.1039 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

When I look at the million nerf topics on this forum, how about a nerf everything... and we just give everyone a stick.

A stick and a rock with an ammo count of two. But as soon as someone is downed by a player that still had a rock versus the rockless player that just clicked all the buttons then even the stick will be nerfed and we will be left with just emote battles. Emote complaints incoming. I may need to go place buy orders on siege blueprints since that will be the next tool we will have after the sticks and emotes are nerfed. BRB AFK GTG!

8 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Its weird right ppl are so all in on trying to kill the boon ball but they go over the top about classes doing too much dmg the very thing you want to deal with that very boon ball! Its very frustrating.

Ele realty needs to be an zone cotnorl class when using staff to be that class the ele should be rewarded for keeping ppl in there pAoE and not reward ppl for spamming support to stay in such zone control (getting condis to convert into boons and taking less dmg from the high end effect per hit taken.) Standing still should be good at dealing with one hit burst effects kind of "shielding your ranks" but it should be very week to pAoE or pulsing effects that keep hitting over time.

Did you watch the video when they released the one of the balance patches that further nerfed anti-boon? They stated they were trying to encourage more melee fights. Ok, I run a number of melee only toons so that sounds good.

But the thought was a melee player didn't want to jump into a fight and have their boons removed. Versus they didn't think that a melee player doesn't want to jump into a group that had all the boons already up. Less anti-boon really doesn't help Melee at all since it means you may not lose your boon but nor will they so you are still in more risking of diving into a booned up group and more so if you aren't in a boon group so its even worse with less anti-boon. 😁 DOH!