[POLL] Will you use the new wvw changes for the Guild Hall and Arena?

Will you use the new wvw changes for the Guild Hall and Arena?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Will you use the new wvw changes for the Guild Hall and Arena?

• Yes, can't wait to see what the guild designers come up with for a new pvp area to fight in!
    • No, what more do you want me to say, el niNo.
    • Maybe, I'll think about it, if TheGrimm.5642 comes up with a neat design, maybe, I'll think about it.

Hadn't done much racing. But was at times using the GHA to help peeps understand what hit them. Working some more PvE now since they gave use some Mad Max style WvW options in the GH. Now if we could get a race track reward track... Anet...options? Think about the carnage and fun!

i think the changes from the news post are already in the game.  you can apply wvw/pvp ruleset to your character at the arena npc.
did some 5v5 and 6v6 in there with WvW rules. fury seems to still be 25% even with wvw rules and if someone forgets to apply the WvW rules buff you might be in for some fun, one person forgot after swapping from holo to berserker, that was a very quick round.

23 minutes ago, bq pd.2148 said:

i think the changes from the news post are already in the game.  you can apply wvw/pvp ruleset to your character at the arena npc.
did some 5v5 and 6v6 in there with WvW rules. fury seems to still be 25% even with wvw rules and if someone forgets to apply the WvW rules buff you might be in for some fun, one person forgot after swapping from holo to berserker, that was a very quick round.

Oh huh yeah missed it in lasts weeks balance patch, wasn't exactly looking forward to that patch as usual, and haven't played gw2 is almost a month till wed night for about 30mins.

/drinks water

• XenesisII.1540 changed the title to [POLL] Will you use the new wvw changes for the Guild Hall and Arena?
8 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...

😐

This is such a silly saying. 

If you kick it into the water and hold its head down it’ll drink whether it want to or not. So sure you can.

Unless you can have tower walls and gates and stuff to simulate siege warfare (and train people how to use those well) I don't see no need for a GH WvW training area. What does ANet expect us to use the tiny arena in the halls for? 15 people on the left and 15 people on the right and watch which boon ball does melt faster? I guess you can guess what I voted for in the poll.

On 2/9/2024 at 12:57 PM, Gorani.7205 said:

Unless you can have tower walls and gates and stuff to simulate siege warfare (and train people how to use those well) I don't see no need for a GH WvW training area. What does ANet expect us to use the tiny arena in the halls for? 15 people on the left and 15 people on the right and watch which boon ball does melt faster? I guess you can guess what I voted for in the poll.

I could see adding siege in the future. Destructible walls, that may take longer. And Xen has shown me I need to spend a little less time in WvW to do some more racing as I already ran out of currency for race track pieces and hadn't found how high you can go. As far as an arena, remember this change made your whole guild hall into the arena. So how did that boon ball hold up being hit by 5 rollerbeetles from the third side? Dodging Fireball Skyscale shots was fun, except the toon I was on was double melee so I had no way to fight back at the time, oops. 

It seemed like a few weapon skills at least cc ones when you swap to the wvw status in the guild hall it don't show the correct damage values in their description. For instance warrior hammer 4 or 5 the description says that each hits alot higher then they currently do in wvw but when used they still do the laughable 10 damage which is on par for the current iterations. idk I could be crowdcontroldelirious or maybe they may be gracing crowd control skills with hopes of a distant horizon.🤔🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

It seemed like a few weapon skills at least cc ones when you swap to the wvw status in the guild hall it don't show the correct damage values in their description. For instance warrior hammer 4 or 5 the description says that each hits alot higher then they currently do in wvw but when used they still do the laughable 10 damage which is on par for the current iterations. idk I could be crowdcontroldelirious or maybe they may be gracing crowd control skills with hopes of a distant horizon.🤔🤷‍♂️

If you have time please post these as bugs.

I'm not expecting to use it myself but I think it's a good change. A while ago I visited all the different 'combat arenas' where you can have PvP fights outside WvW or sPvP so I could list them on the Wiki and one of the ones I saw being used regularly was the Armistice Bastion arena, but they were never in the arena itself, they'd use the flags to pick teams then fight all over the outside area (you can't go inside while flagged for PvP). I suspect that's part of why it's popular, you're not restricted to a tiny space (even compared to sPvP maps the guild hall and Arborstone arenas are tiny).

The increased space, plus the ability to pick which version of skills you want to use, will make the guild hall arenas much more functional.

• Thanks 2

Many skill tooltips are bugged.

Also it is impossible to create an arena from decorations , as they completely bug out shadowstep skills , LoS, and port skills like thief rifle 4.

Decors break pathing on steal and shadowsteps, shiro engages..

The only decors that don't completely break these skills are the arena obstacles. Which ( guess what? ) can only be used in the arena.

ALSO normal decors require a special way of glitching them in the arena to even be placed there. And you can't really place them as they need to be floating in the air for that, which introduces a whole set of other bugs.

Basically if you want to fight your friends and want to create your own custom arena that doesn't break 50% of the skills in the game, just stick to private PvP arenas. 

Me and my guildies basically spent 60+ hours trying to develop a custom arena, we scratched many cool custom arena designs simply because so many skills were bugging out.

At the end we settled for the GH arena with some added in arena obstacles and glitched in decors ( which still has some bugs that we will just have to  live with)

It's such a kittening headache it's not even worth it...

Oh also the decoration placing system is complete trash.

Oh also the Guild Hall decides to randomly create new instances. 

Like listen, I was super hyped for this update. But looking at it now its completely unusable and only really worth it for some funny fights with friends where you wouldn't care about LoS , dripping out of combat, bugs...

Edited by Fruit.7624
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fruit.7624 said:

Also it is impossible to create an arena from decorations , as they completely bug out shadowstep skills , LoS, and port skills like thief rifle 4.

Decors break pathing on steal and shadowsteps, shiro engages..

Ok so now that we got the good things out of the way, is there any bad sides to the combat?