Question about Wizard's Vault Daily categorization

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm not gonna spoil everything for next week but I can confirm that we are retiring Activities from the daily objective rotation with next Tuesday's game update. 

Activity Bonus week when?

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

But that heart is easy!  Get stealthed, u-turn, walk along the -outside- of the wall to the next entrance.  Do that about 3 times total and you have the heart done.  Literal thinking outside the box 😄

I seem to remember trying that once, but it dropped me out of stealth cuz I got too far away, or something, I dunno. I can eventually get behind the tents, then just wait for the flag to reset over and over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donari.5237 said:

But that heart is easy!  Get stealthed, u-turn, walk along the -outside- of the wall to the next entrance.  Do that about 3 times total and you have the heart done.  Literal thinking outside the box 😄

With activities being retired, I'll have to remember to do them to advance achieves if I want to wring more AP out of them, but I don't mind.

Shut the front door, really?? TIL! I hate that stupid heart lol

1 hour ago, Donari.5237 said:

With activities being retired, I'll have to remember to do them to advance achieves if I want to wring more AP out of them, but I don't mind.

I have completed that map on 16 of my 18 characters and I find this out now!?! 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm not gonna spoil everything for next week but I can confirm that we are retiring Activities from the daily objective rotation with next Tuesday's game update. 

I hope you remove weekly tournament from PvP weeklies too, I hate tournaments

Edited by Dreggon.6598

2 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

That’s what I used to do, but the much much quicker way is to use the Prototype Position Rewinder, set your rewind point just past the seeker, mount up, run, get stealthed, use position rewinder to teleport back and wait for the seeker to not be there before you run forward. You can make it a seamless back-to-back process if you set the rewind point again before you run forward to trigger the heart progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you so much! I feel a little bad, because really, I do appreciate how the Vault has gotten me to engage with lots of content I wouldn't have otherwise. I was quite intimidated by Fractals and Strikes, and now I look forward to doing each on their bi-weekly rotation. I don't think I would've minded too much if they were kept in, but just made much less frequent. Honestly, there's a lot of underplayed content in the game, so I really would just like to see more things added to the rotation so the less enjoyable things just pop up less frequently. In particular, I'd really like to see a lot more minidungeons added to that rotation, but it might be cool to also see things like dungeons on the weeklies, just as one example.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Ah, @Rubi Bayer.8493 , my pve side very much appreciates you and the other Anet folks hearing and responding to the unhappiness with some of the daily and weekly objectives. On the other hand, my WvW side is hurting that you, when asked directly, as well as other Anet folks, have never responded to much of the WvW unhappiness about things like the broken defense mechanics. Adding new Dominator titles to WvW and buffing the Lords there? I don't recall ever reading a single post requesting either of those changes. Yet, how many posts have there been asking that broken things like the defense mechanics get  fixed, only to be met with total silence from Anet? The difference between how you respond to pve and WvW is so glaring that it really does sting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

Please please let Spirit Vestibule be retired as well.

I don't think I'd mind it that much with a couple changes -

1. Some way to get hints on the general location of the totems - they can occasionally be a real pain to find (less so if you use BlishHUD, but I don't think the game should be encouraging that)
  2. Remove the knockdown wells, or just make them inflict the crippled condition instead.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

It's not so much that I object to the Spirit Vestibule dungeon itself as to the time it takes to complete it. All the other daily chores are relatively straight forward and take less than 10mins each. The dungeon takes considerably longer.

It is also not easy or takes a fair amount of work to solo it. 

In comparison the other EOD dungeon takes less than 10min and can easily be soloed by most players.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/21/2024 at 7:22 AM, Entara.3075 said:

It's not so much that I object to the Spirit Vestibule dungeon itself as to the time it takes to complete it. All the other daily chores are relatively straight forward and take less than 10mins each. The dungeon takes considerably longer.

This is the main reason it’s so unpopular, imo. It’s guaranteed to take longer than any other dungeon in the rotation at the moment, because The Long Way Round can be skipped with turtles, Vexa’s Lab can be portaled or you can skip most of using a mount and Bond of Faith, and Vasburg Armory is pretty quick and straightforward as long as Lukas Vasburg doesn’t bug out.

Spirit Vestibule has no skips, and if you happen to reach a boss room just after someone else has cleared it, you need to wait several minutes for them to respawn.

Edited by Manpag.6421
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Entara.3075 said:

In comparison the other EOD dungeon takes less than 10min and can easily be soloed by most players.

You know there are 3 other EoD dungeons right?

I guess your talking about the last map one thats just 6 or 7 circle rooms with mobs.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Entara.3075 said:

It's not really the time that is an issue. It's the very limited selection we're getting. I would not mind Spirit Vestibule that much if it was not one of the only four minidungeons appearing in that rotation. There's much more of those in the game than just SV, Vexxa, Long way around and Vasburg, and having just only those show up on a very frequent basis is the main issue there. More variety, please.

• Like 11
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

You know there are 3 other EoD dungeons right?

I guess your talking about the last map one thats just 6 or 7 circle rooms with mobs.

They're talking about Spirit Vestible in Seitung Province. The big maze one. That one and Vasburg Armory are the only two Cantha ones that show up in the Wizard's Vault daily tasks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2024 at 10:52 PM, Alize.4756 said:

Shut the front door, really?? TIL! I hate that stupid heart lol

Everyone hates that heart.

I tend to stealth up, then go anti-clockwise from the start, behind the first tents, over the the next one. Can usually complete it in 3 runs, iirc but it's still tedious.