Expanded Achivements? Why???

I was quite happy that I have the pvp achievements done. And the wvw was slowly moving to completion. Why change achievements that only 1% will ever reach?

Should that make us play more? I think this does the complete opposite. Will they "remove" all our achievements one by one? Like kill 1 000 000x Octovines next?

And these are the most boring achievements ever. Why not add some other more interesting achievements instead?

Sorry this made me quite sad and I just wanted to vent it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

The achievements aren't even removed, though. You'll keep the achievement points and title. You're not required to do more of it if you don't want to do it.

Yes but then its not achievement. If they move it from completed to "not so completed". Its feels like ever moving busy work.

• Like 3
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Vavume.8065 said:

Then don't do them.

I have lots of the achievements. And was hoping to one day complete it whole. But I'm not doing some crazy grind like the new wvw. So yeah I will not do them. With changes like this there is no point in "achieving" achievements. If they just keep increasing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Wensy.1236 said:

I was quite happy that I have the pvp achievements done. And the wvw was slowly moving to completion. Why change achievements that only 1% will ever reach?

Have you not understood yet that grinding for pointless things is the new endgame content? 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Have you not understood yet that grinding for pointless things is the new endgame content? 😉

Maybe it's me, but I'm not finding the stuff I'm grinding for pointless. For some I even get points. lol

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Grinds have replaced actual content. It's okay if you enjoy it, but I don't. 🙁

Grinds have always been here. Nothing has been replaced.  A strike mission is actual content. Doing it over and over again is the same thing we did with raids and fractals. Unfortunately, you don't get to pick what actual content is. I like convergences. To me that's actual content. I do them for currency but I also find them fun. You call it grinding, I call it doing a meta event, or something very much like one anyway.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I am beginning to understand why my dad would laugh at my sister whenever she would decry that she was bored.... like what the flip people??  Threads whinging about how there is nothing to do, please add more things to do.  Then threads whinging about WHY did you ADD more things to do??   I give up.  🤦‍♀️😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

I don't mind the expanded achievements. I am just a couple of weeks away from Ultimate Dominator and I know several people who have already achieved it and will welcome the additional opportunity in achievements. People need things to work toward and the fact that these achievements will include continued play progress even though there was no achievement is wonderful.

What is NOT wonderful is the breadth of the new tiers. It took me 12 years to get to the final Realm Avenger Ultimate Dominator Achievement because I play the whole game, not just WvW. It MEANT something!!!! It will take me another 12 years to get to the next 250 and another 12 to get to the last. If I live long enough, I will be 84 years old when that happens. What I would have wanted was for achievable tiers after getting to Ultimate Dominator. Go ahead and leave that at 250K, but then subsequent tiers could be 5 AP for every tier after at 100k kills each with a title at 500 and a title at 750 or even 1M if you wanted. I liked that there were long term goals to shoot for but a lot of people that I run with will struggle to ever reach the 250k. This addition is a nonstarter for them. 

The other thing that left me wanting on this was that the only WvW achievement to get love was the killing players achievement. What about the taking objectives achievements? The new expanded achievements encourage only blob killing and doesn't encourage taking and defending objectives at all. I'll also use the opportunity to ask that repairing as defense of an objective be rethought as it makes total sense that I can stall attackers by repairing to allow my team to get to an objective. The current having to kill a player in a defense only results in a successful defense about 30% of the time where repairing counted correctly 100% of the time. That change punished all players who were doing the right thing to take care of a few who were not. Please re-think some things. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

I wouldn't freak out about this. This is just a fluff thing for those players to brag they ran over people with their zergs over 10 years. Ultimate Dominator is not something you actively work towards, it's just a passive thing that you get it when you get it because of the number involved, well most of the wvw achievements are as such. I believe the original Ultimate Dominator was around 1m kills anyways. But seriously, don't wrack your brains over some extra achievement points. 🤷‍♂️

P.S This isn't even something wvw players asked for, no idea why they would bother implementing this, instead of like taking time to make the extra useless wxp levels better rewarding/useful...

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Don't make any sense for sure. WvW its more than kill players and why use a crazy kills number while we have all the other good things about to play WvW?  We are waiting for good ideas, smart ideas, that makes us want to play the game.. now we need to deal more and more with the guys that use 10 skills on a macro again and again. Please Anet, we expect more from a game we love. Please, rethink this insane amount of kills into WvW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I wouldn't freak out about this. This is just a fluff thing for those players to brag they ran over people with their zergs over 10 years. Ultimate Dominator is not something you actively work towards, it's just a passive thing that you get it when you get it because of the number involved, well most of the wvw achievements are as such. I believe the original Ultimate Dominator was around 1m kills anyways. But seriously, don't wrack your brains over some extra achievement points. 🤷‍♂️

P.S This isn't even something wvw players asked for, no idea why they would bother implementing this, instead of like taking time to make the extra useless wxp levels better rewarding/useful...

When you are very close to completing the achievement, and actively working towards it, it isn't a passive thing...... when it is the last achievement you have to complete all of your wvw achievements ........it is kind of kick in the gut to have it jump so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, bergdis ironmaiden.4859 said:

When you are very close to completing the achievement, and actively working towards it, it isn't a passive thing...... when it is the last achievement you have to complete all of your wvw achievements ........it is kind of kick in the gut to have it jump so far.

I mean that was the last achievement I needed after the big reduction they did years ago, and I'm like 99.9% wvw player, I didn't care, in fact I didn't even notice when I did it, it's not a big deal. Wvw is far from being about fluff achievements, and not everyone in there spent 10 years running over pugs with their blobs. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

My irritation with this change comes from a different angle, one that @Maryth.9372 has come closest to. With all the broken things in the cornerstone called WvW, Anet chooses to add titles and buff Lords??? I don't recall reading even one post asking for either change. On the other hand, I couldn't count the posts I've seen, or written myself, asking Anet to fix the broken defense mechanics in WvW. I don't understand why the devs bothered with either of these changes. I would very much rather they fix the broken stuff and add meaningful stuff like new maps.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2