My concern with the upcoming Wizard's Vault changes

As long as it doesn't mean having to redo multiple annoying hearts or adventures/JP's that require lots of dexterity/timing and they sort out the fact some objects like registering kills or defence objectives (for example when killing 10 desert enemies and the daily Istan kill 25 Awakened objectives are on the same daily, I quite often get 18+ awakened kills before the 10 desert ones complete, when the 10 desert should be the same as 10 awakened) don't always register I'll be happy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm happy to understand that there are changes coming, and hopeful that they achieve far more diversity... with the overwhelming content available, it's crazy that repetition is so frequent... For example, I have had the 'kill 100 Awakened' several times, when there are 40+ Slayer achievements from Tyria alone!   Pick something!  Who wouldn't enjoy whacking around a few grawl or dredge for old times' sakes?!  In fact, just add everything!  Why does the list need to be so restricted?  Added diversity would make it feel fresh.  Crossing my fingers.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, frazazel.7501 said:

New weekly: Kill 100 sloths

Aint there only 2 sloths in the game?

And I dont think people will do the raid one 100 times.

Edit

+ the other is living season so to restrictive for a weekly objective.

Edited by Linken.6345

3 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Aint there only 2 sloths in the game?

And I dont think people will do the raid one 100 times.

Edit

+ the other is living season so to restrictive for a weekly objective.

...and the raid one technically counts as a plant. 😉

On 2/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, idpersona.3810 said:

It'd be nice to have let's say 4 core objectives, and then 1 expansion objective added for each expansion you own. That would allow someone to do 3/4 like normal, but have a wider selection.

But either way, I', also really curious to see what they do with this.

This sounds good - just give us more choice to get our 4 from - I like to do the WV on alts sometimes, they are not always able to be in those high level zones.  I want to get experience for them too. 

• Like 2

Honestly, have not had issues or worries with the objectives in weekly or dailies, but have had issues with running out of things to spend ap on.  Not sure if they plan on revising rewards as well since I didn't read the full post but imho there isn't enough variety in those either.  Most of what is there I don't need or even want so they are a bit meh which means I end up skipping objective since ap is overcapped only to a point and if I don't spend it, then am just wasting my time.

50 minutes ago, Surelia.2651 said:

Honestly, have not had issues or worries with the objectives in weekly or dailies, but have had issues with running out of things to spend ap on.  Not sure if they plan on revising rewards as well since I didn't read the full post but imho there isn't enough variety in those either.  Most of what is there I don't need or even want so they are a bit meh which means I end up skipping objective since ap is overcapped only to a point and if I don't spend it, then am just wasting my time.

the infinite gold is always a decent choice you can spend that on gems and buy anything you want in the gemstore.

• Like 6

On 2/22/2024 at 3:23 PM, Apolo.5942 said:

Less predatory games like WARFRAME dont have Dailies/Weeklies expire.

Your are always on your current week's objectives, and once you have cleared them, then previous unfinished ones become available again.

This way it does not matter you didnt log in 1 day or 3, you can log in the 4 and complete back days. The thing is that you log in.

Ah right, the "less predatory" Warframe, with it's dailies lasting 3 days each, actually expiring, and not being ever again available (the system you refer to is only for weeklies), and where you never know how long a "season" will last, and once this season pass, it is going to be a gamble if the rewards will ever be seen again, because inducing FOMO is less predatory.

All while all the good stuff (i.e. things that were not shuffled from the old alert system) are on fixed predetermined unlock path, meaning that you cannot pick what you are working towards next, and all the good stuff will be on the very high end of track progression, counted in months worth of weeklies to complete.

In a game that is already nicknamed among it's comminuty as the grind simulator.

Seriously, you bring up warframe out of all the things, as an example of how GW2 should be? really?

• Like 3

Why couldn’t you just have objective selection in the settings. You could pick which expansions you want to do dailies on, core, hot, pof, eod, soto, and then bam, you only get fast dailies for those objectives. So if you want to play with friends, you literally just select the same expacs and there you go. 

• Confused 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:49 PM, Minna.7895 said:

The way I understood besides ofc the "more generic" approach (like kill any worldboss, break xy breakbars, dodge x amounts of time, etc.), some additional variation may be that they offer options based on expansions owned (like either do kaineng or vabbi or octovine or amnytas meta- and depending on what expansions you own you get more choices whereas someone only owning eod could only do the first - but you can't get credit for all 4 because it is just one objective combining more options to finish it). No idea if that is correct or just my imagination, guess we will see next week.

Looks like this is pretty much correct. Expansion objectives were expanded with multiple ways (including non-expansion) to complete them.

Looks good si far. We'll have to see if it also includes some variety so we are not all doing the same minidungeons each week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Looks like this is pretty much correct. Expansion objectives were expanded with multiple ways (including non-expansion) to complete them.

Looks good si far. We'll have to see if it also includes some variety so we are not all doing the same minidungeons each week.

Well looks like mini dungeons was removed if you read the patch notes.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well looks like mini dungeons was removed if you read the patch notes.

Ah. That's too bad. I don't mind losing the "daily activity" (excpet around festival events when we might have had options), but I actually liked having some of those minidungeons highlighted...just with more variety than the 3 that came up over and over.

• Like 5

While I'm sad to see some content abandoned, I *very* much like to see that the new system respects players' time by giving alternatives to scheduled events for players who log in less frequently or only play for a little bit some days. Was never really an issue for me, but it's a definite positive step for the player base at large \o/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My only concern with the new system is the time it takes to do 25 map events (2 points/event, need 50 points) might really not be a very good tradeoff.   I guess it works if you can do a partial meta, since those just include a lot of events, but if you are playing during the non meta time, trying to find/do those 25 events might take a lot of time.

A better solution might have been to have the option of 2 different meta events, which are offset by an hour.  Most meta (all?) meta events run on a 2 hour cycle, which depending on play time might be hard to do (one can be playing between the meta event times).  But if for example there was choice to do the event at 9 PM or a different one at 10 PM, or back to the first one at 11 PM, chances are pretty good that at least one of those would line up.  And being offset by an hour would mean that there shouldn't be much danger of lack of players for any given meta, since there shouldn't be much overlap.  Any meta that takes more than an hour has its own issues that probably need correcting, since such long metas are not very popular.

1 hour ago, Solvar.7953 said:

My only concern with the new system is the time it takes to do 25 map events (2 points/event, need 50 points) might really not be a very good tradeoff.   I guess it works if you can do a partial meta, since those just include a lot of events, but if you are playing during the non meta time, trying to find/do those 25 events might take a lot of time.

A better solution might have been to have the option of 2 different meta events, which are offset by an hour.  Most meta (all?) meta events run on a 2 hour cycle, which depending on play time might be hard to do (one can be playing between the meta event times).  But if for example there was choice to do the event at 9 PM or a different one at 10 PM, or back to the first one at 11 PM, chances are pretty good that at least one of those would line up.  And being offset by an hour would mean that there shouldn't be much danger of lack of players for any given meta, since there shouldn't be much overlap.  Any meta that takes more than an hour has its own issues that probably need correcting, since such long metas are not very popular.

From the ones I've seen on my accounts (one with all expansions, one with just HoT/PoF), it looks like the events option is 15 with double credit for events in the meta's map, butu also credit for events in a core region. It is possible there are different objectives if you have a different set of expansions, but what I have so far seems reasonable.

Do you have more information on the one that requires 50 points? Maybe it is a bug?

My bad - I was looking at the number of AA rewarded for the event, not the number of points (15) needed, so only 8 events, which seems totally reasonable for me.  In my case, lacking SotO, it is doing the Gyala Delve meta (completes instantly), or events in Gyala Delve or Maguuma Jungle.   Doing a world boss in Maguuma jungle would probably get 3-4 events complete, so that is 2 world bosses.