ANet, please officially alter the three pillars

Ohoni.6057

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The problem with having so many ways to get legendary armor is that you can literally do anything and progress it. Eventually it becomes something you just have rather than something you worked to earn and obtain.

That is like saying 5000 gold becomes something you just have... do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:No, that is not what he means. WvW is largely a contest for territory. The winning server earns more points over the match by a combination of things. One way is by controlling points, which must be captured by defeating the Tower. Keep or Castle Lords, Camp Supervisors and Guards at Sentry posts. Thus, one can contribute to one's server's victory by engaging in PvE. This aspect of WvW has had some criticism, in fact, by some of the WvW community.

So, you could cause the players on your side, to defeat the players on the other side, by scoring more points than they do? Almost, a player. . .
"opposing"
player situation? What could you call that? PoP?

I'd call it RvR.

Which is a subset of PvP.

Nope. It's PvEvP, or PvPvE, whichever way you want to abbreviate it. RvR is a hybrid mode -- at least in GW2.

"World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_World

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Player_versus_Player

Or:

World versus World (also known as WvW) is a combination Player versus Player/Player versus Environment game mode where players from three different servers (worlds), or more, battle in the Mists. It features open-world combat on five large maps with up to several dozens of players per map. In World versus World, players can besiege objectives such as Keeps and Towers with siege weapons, and battle over resources, as well as complete other PvE-type content to win World Experience for themselves.

As well as:

There are also PvE objectives in the world such as hero challenges, events and jumping puzzles.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_versus_Worldhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Player_versus_Environment

I find it amusing how one of the OP's convoluted attempts to get open World envoy armor degrades into a semantics discussion.

With the latest AMA having a dev telling us raids are coming at a faster pace and the overall success of the latest wing I doubt raid exclusive rewards are going anywhere.

The PvP team has been also working on PvP exclusive rewards and I wouldn't be surprised if WvW gets some love too (hoping so).

Exclusive rewards seem to be something they as game makers like and as a gamer I like them too.

whatever the game modesexclusive items to a very small percentage of the players, because of skill, because of game mode,... is just bad businesslegendary weapons and armor are the end game, without end game players will lose interestlegendary weapons and armor can be opened up for everyone, Anet just needs to update the recipe part like they did for LWS4

legendary weapons/armor IS NOT EQUAL TO skill

I believe Titles and Achievements are much better methods to show off skill

@maddoctor.2738 said:I don't understand why it's so important how someone calls WvW, if it's PvP, or it's own mode.What matters is that WvW and PvP have different teams working on them, and they are pretty much content that can be enjoyed on its own, hence separate content.

He's after the loot, not the fundamental argument. His arguments flow like water to meet his goals.

@"Lunateric.3708" said:I find it amusing how one of the OP's convoluted attempts to get open World envoy armor degrades into a semantics discussion.

With the latest AMA having a dev telling us raids are coming at a faster pace and the overall success of the latest wing I doubt raid exclusive rewards are going anywhere.

I kinda hope they continue on that direction really, I mean lets get real, I would bet a good portion of casual players have already given up on the "end game" of this game, and written off getting legendary armor as a "never will" , but often enough, cutting off an entire demographic like that removes their drive to go anywhere in the game, progress becomes something that is no longer valid, because the "next step" can't be reached.

So a good chunk will stay around for the story, Maybe do some easy stuff, get a mount, but then.. then it's time to look for something else to do.

So they may as well cater to you and yours that still want to stick around.. hopefully you spend enough to pick up the tab.. PoF showed that you didn't.. so you all might want to get gud at that.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@"Lunateric.3708" said:I find it amusing how one of the OP's convoluted attempts to get open World envoy armor degrades into a semantics discussion.

I kinda hope they continue on that direction really, I mean lets get real, I would bet a good portion of casual players have already given up on the "end game" of this game, and written off getting legendary armor as a "never will" , but often enough, cutting off an entire demographic like that removes their drive to go anywhere in the game, progress becomes something that is no longer valid, because the "next step" can't be reached.

So a good chunk will stay around for the story, Maybe do some easy stuff, get a mount, but then.. then it's time to look for something else to do.

So they may as well cater to you and yours that still want to stick around.. hopefully you spend enough to pick up the tab.. PoF showed that you didn't.. so you all might want to get gud at that.

Really? What was this "entire demographic" doing in the first few years of the game's life when getting a Legendary Weapon required an insane grind, doing specific events, finishing specific dungeons (hard at the time), playing more than enough WvW (no achievement rewards for badges)?Casual players leaving a game when they can't get an item is a fallacy, only "demographic" that is affected by this are the casual-hardcore players, those who play a billion hours per day, farming the same things, calling themselves super casual.

REAL casual players gave up on Legendary Weapons on their very first iteration. Don't confuse an actual casual player that has a very limited time to play games, with a hardcore casual that not only plays the most, in terms of in-game hours, but has the time to come and complain on forums. Those are the only "demographic" that is affected. Now I wonder how many are those and if they are even worth looking at and catered to.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Really? What was this "entire demographic" doing in the first few years of the game's life when getting a Legendary Weapon required an insane grind, doing specific events, finishing specific dungeons (hard at the time), playing more than enough WvW (no achievement rewards for badges)?

From what I read on the old forums, They were discovering that Core Map Completion was Hard, and that mixing Superior Runes in your armor was bad, that Arah story mode (for PS) required a full group, and that WvW players were mean...

So much so.. that Anet removed the Mob desnity in Orr, removed WvW from map completion.. and made Araha solo..

let that sink in... as you spout your tripe.

and also. .Casual is a mindset.. not a Time gate.. there are plenty of Ultra Hardcore players that have very limited hours to play, hence the whole drive to maximize their time efficiency.

@STIHL.2489 said:

Really? What was this "entire demographic" doing in the first few years of the game's life when getting a Legendary Weapon required an insane grind, doing specific events, finishing specific dungeons (hard at the time), playing more than enough WvW (no achievement rewards for badges)?

From what I read on the old forums, They were discovering that Core Map Completion was Hard, and that mixing Superior Runes in your armor was bad, that Arah story mode (for PS) required a full group, and that WvW payers were mean...

So much so.. that Anet removed the Mob desnity in Orr, removed WvW from map completion.. and made Araha solo..

Map completion from WvW was removed in... March 2015, two and a half years after releasehttps://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/changes-to-world-completion/

So tell me what were those casuals doing in the game for 2 and a half years? If they were as you say leaving the game as their "demographic" was cut off, then they either weren't that big of a deal (because population was fine) or they simply didn't leave. Not having Legendary Weapons the easy way didn't force them to leave. Which is, judging by the data, the most probable answer. Your argument falls apart.

Making Arah solo is irrelevant for Legendary weapons because it never awarded any tokens for them, the other dungeons did.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

From what I read on the old forums, They were discovering that Core Map Completion was Hard, and that mixing Superior Runes in your armor was bad, that Arah story mode (for PS) required a full group, and that WvW payers were mean...

Map completion from WvW was removed in... March 2015, two and a half years after release

So tell me what were those casuals doing in the game for 2 and a half years? If they were as you say leaving the game as their "demographic" was cut off, then they either weren't that big of a deal (because population was fine) or they simply didn't leave. Not having Legendary Weapons the easy way didn't force them to leave. Which is, judging by the data, the most probable answer. Your argument falls apart.

Making Arah solo is irrelevant for Legendary weapons because it never awarded any tokens for them, the other dungeons did.

Wasn’t WvW map completion also removed because of the upcoming desert map and not to make map completion easier? I can’t remember.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Map completion from WvW was removed in... March 2015, two and a half years after release

Wasn’t WvW map completion also removed because of the upcoming desert map and not to make map completion easier? I can’t remember.

Yes at around that time they introduced the desert borderlands beta.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

LO , Do you miss the whole Casual thing? 2 years, that is when they START looking at things like Legendary Weapons, Most of them were doing Personal Story and learning the basic of the game play.. and yes.. Araha.. being made solo is very important as it shows what they were doing. .ergo story, map completion, IE: Supposedly easy stuff but still on the "Path" to legendary items.

Also.. even tho is was a grind, there was nothing "out of reach", no direct skill gate, the hardest thing to get was WvW map completion (lo and behold.. THAT was removed!), you could get badges flipping camps or doing EotM, so a gift of battle could very easy be gotten via following a tag and K-Train, and pretty much just doing PvE stuffs .. there were plenty of pug Dungeons going on, no need to "get gud" or make some kind of guild/static group to do them.. Dungeon paths were in fact pretty casual friendly, as AC was super common and people would just randomly pull any level 80 in the zone to run it, as many people did daily dungeon runs for tokens and gold, so that was easy enough.

Truth is, with G1, It was all a matter of persistence nothing actually hard, just a grind, and could all begotten little bit by little bit, so while the grind may have been daunting, there was no single part of the G1 Legendary process that was skill gated or out of reach to any casual player. So.. 2 years.. they could have been working on parts.. lets get real.. those gifts, requiring 250 of every single T5 mat.. that was gonna take a long time.. while not hard.. it is time consuming.. but still within reach to any and every player, no matter how skilled or casual they may be. Took me over a year to gt half what I needed for a G1 legendary, so.. 2 years.. they were "working on it" because they could... and it was all within reach.

Flip side to that.

HoT legendary Weapons.. notice how that whole thing got shelved.

Now with Legendary Armor, requiring Raids,and we can see how well that is going.. as I am not alone thinking it's a bad idea.

But hey.. I kinda hope they keep to it.. because.. I wonder how many Casuals have just given up on it.. and now pondering "So what does this game have to offer me"

@"STIHL.2489" said:LO , Do you miss the whole Casual thing? 2 years, that is when they START looking at things like Legendary Weapons, Most of them were doing Personal Story and learning the basic of the game play.. and yes.. Araha.. being made solo is very important as it shows what they were doing. .ergo story, map completion, IE: Supposedly easy stuff but still on the "Path" to legendary items.

What happened to:

and also. .Casual is a mindset.. not a Time gate.. there are plenty of Ultra Hardcore players that have very limited hours to play, hence the whole drive to maximize their time efficiency.

If they were still learning the basics of the game after 2 and a half years then I don't know, maybe this isn't the game for them at all.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Yes at around that time they introduced the desert borderlands beta.

it was at least a year before HoT, so it was well before then.

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:I find it amusing how one of the OP's convoluted attempts to get open World envoy armor degrades into a semantics discussion.

You argument is basically a fallacy: people that can't or won't raid will quit because legendary armor is unachievable for them [citation needed] and that will lead in other words to the game's demise but you have no proof of that.

You feel pretty strongly about raid subjects since most of your post history revolves around that but you gotta think logically: if raids aren't a good thing for the company why are they not only pumping more but will do so at a faster pace?, are they suicidal perhaps?, or perhaps they know things you don't, rather, we don't.

I still stand by what I said.. The direction that Anet is going in will alienate the Casual player bases, I wager a good chunk already accept that they are just "goofing off here" and don't see any long term staying power with this game for them. So Anet may as well try their best to keep you and yours.

@"STIHL.2489" said:I still stand by what I said.. The direction that Anet is going in will alienate the Casual player bases, I wager a good chunk already accept that they are just "goofing off here" and don't see any long term staying power with this game for them. So Anet may as well try their best to keep you and yours.

We'll see what happens over time, all my casual friends don't really care about legendaries in general because you know, they are casual. I see a bright future for the game and I hope you either get to see it too or finally move on.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:I find it amusing how one of the OP's convoluted attempts to get open World envoy armor degrades into a semantics discussion.

You argument is basically a fallacy: people that can't or won't raid will quit because legendary armor is unachievable for them [citation needed] and that will lead in other words to the game's demise but you have no proof of that.

You feel pretty strongly about raid subjects since most of your post history revolves around that but you gotta think logically: if raids aren't a good thing for the company why are they not only pumping more but will do so at a faster pace?, are they suicidal perhaps?, or perhaps they know things you don't, rather, we don't.

Oh man I spit out my coffee laughing too hard.. you sincerely didn't know that stonewalling players will discourage them and drive them away from the game? For real?

@STIHL.2489 said:

Oh man I spit out my coffee laughing too hard.. you sincerely didn't know that stonewalling players will discourage them and drive them away from the game? For real?

Since legendary armor isn't required for anything in any game mode and there are currently three ways to obtain it, you'd have to not play the vast majority of the game to not get it ever or not have the chance to get it at all. Raids are designed and advertised as challenging content so people that do or don't do them know what they are and what to expect.

You're laughing because?, is the argument that you and a significant portion of the playerbase wants the skins but doesn't want to raid?, that's another fallacy.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@"STIHL.2489" said:I still stand by what I said.. The direction that Anet is going in will alienate the Casual player bases, I wager a good chunk already accept that they are just "goofing off here" and don't see any long term staying power with this game for them. So Anet may as well try their best to keep you and yours.

We'll see what happens over time, all my casual friends don't really care about legendaries in general because you know, they are casual. I see a bright future for the game and I hope you either get to see it too or finally move on.

Oh I'll be moving on when the time is right.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Since legendary armor isn't required for anything in any game mode and there are currently three ways to obtain it, you'd have to not play the vast majority of the game to not get it ever or not have the chance to get it at all. Raids are designed and advertised as challenging content so people that do or don't do them know what they are and what to expect.

You're laughing because?, is the argument that you and a significant portion of the playerbase wants the skins but doesn't want to raid?, that's another fallacy.

You don't seem to get it.. that's cool.

@STIHL.2489 said:

You don't seem to get it.. that's cool.

There's nothing to get if you don't openly state what's your argument. I don't mind discussing it if you actually put in words what you want to convey. Just don't treat it as a fact because you as a player don't really have enough stats or objective evidence of anything.

Archived