Inner Nayos Mapcompletion - No Rewards

I guess because I did complete the rest of the map before this update I did not get any reward now, when I finally completing the whole thing...
And I assume the mapcomp reward is required for the obsidian armor.

edit*
According to some people the map is not complete yet.
I think its still strange that we can get the mapcomp reward via lanterns, but not via regular mapcomp ..

Edited by Fractal Spoon.9280
  • Like 6
  • Confused 5

11 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

Is this intentional design?

Gift of Skywatch Archipelago - Map Completion of Skywatch Archipelago or completing Illuminating Skywatch Archipelago
Gift of Amnytas - Map Completion of Amnytas or completing Illuminating Amnytas
Gift of Inner Nayos - Completing Illuminating Inner Nayos

If so, why the change/inconsistency?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

sry. but this is SUCK. I Farm all Mat for 2 SET and I NEED TO DO THAT F lamps  FOR GIFT OF INNER NAYOS!

what a waste of time.

Edited by Snoth.6170
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

Yeah, not ok with that, not even remotely. I avoid lanterns like the plague, I did not enjoy them as an alternative to map completion in EoD, did not enjoy them in SoTO. I think they are great as an alternative for people without enough characters or people who hate map completion but I enjoy map completion.

Why take away the exploration option?  What happened to catering to multiple game styles to achieve a goal? So disappointed.

• Like 6
  • Confused 5

32 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Oh come on! So we don't get map completion for completing the map!?

Already did map completion for the first half of Inner Nayos on each of my 18 characters to get it out of the way and now we find out that you've decided to change the rules for some reason. Why?

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Sorry, but that's an obscene disrespect of our time. So, without telling us, you let us waste our time gathering PoIs--some of which are attached to events--only to screw us out of a reward. That's the most disrespectful comment I think I've seen out of you and just a gross response from anyone in your position.  We're not wrong for being annoyed about this. The only good response should be that you've made the team aware that they dropped the ball and they'll be making it right by pushing an update to give us our reward as soon as they can.

Changing the rules because they couldn't be bothered to adjust the flag for map completion is a straight middle finger to all of us. Either fix it or award a gift to those who already had the flag, those are the only valid options.

Edited by Draxian.7945
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I couldn't find the 18 times-repetitive achievement, but I saw that completing the new meta achievement also provides a Gift of Inner Nayos.

If you mean Repeat Defanger, then sorry to disappoint, but no, repeating meta doesn't give more than doing the first meta, just a yellow side chest from final boss.
There are Gifts of Inner Nayos from story and map achievments but that's only 2...
And not having a reward for full map comp - not only the Gift, but also tc/key chance... Why?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ezraholic.7349 said:

Sorry, not used to calling it this way. But yes, it does. And it's way too much effort for 1 gift, lanterns are quicker.

True. But asking people to complete them 18 times for all 3 sets, after they already wasted precious time of their life on something as monotonous and boring as rifts and convergences, is indeed quite impertinent. 😆

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Okay so what's even the purpose of the points of interest and vistas??? I feel like this could have been communicated to players at some point so people didn't waste their time pre mapping eastern nayos EIGHTEEN TIMES to prep. This wouldn't be so bad if it didn't feel like a total rug-pull.

Edited by Sarge shot Grif.6450
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

52 minutes ago, Draxian.7945 said:

Sorry, but that's an obscene disrespect of our time. So, without telling us, you let us waste our time gathering PoIs--some of which are attached to events--only to screw us out of a reward. That's the most disrespectful comment I think I've seen out of you and just a gross response from anyone in your position.  We're not wrong for being annoyed about this. The only good response should be that you've made the team aware that they dropped the ball and they'll be making it right by pushing an update to give us our reward as soon as they can.

Changing the rules because they couldn't be bothered to adjust the flag for map completion is a straight middle finger to all of us. Either fix it or award a gift to those who already had the flag, those are the only valid options.

Right! I can't believe what's happnening here. And Rubi, thanks for the smiley.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Yeah, this doesn't feel great. We should be able to trust the meta-mechanics to be consistent, and changing it feels like having that trust broken, then a response like this feels like being taunted for having been foolish enough to trust it in the first place.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

Just now, Taelac.7036 said:

Yeah, this doesn't feel great. We should be able to trust the meta-mechanics to be consistent, and changing it feels like having that trust broken, then a response like this feels like being taunted for having been foolish enough to trust it in the first place.

Yeah the winky face feels incredibly disrespectful towards our time effort. These sets of armor have already been such a monumental time and money sink and then mapping suddenly works differently than the... what, 60-70 maps before this? I have literally everything else prepped and I was prepared to spend the entire day mapping the other half of nayos but this is gonna eat up so much more time now. Doesn't help that the placement for half of the lanterns in SoTo and EoD make zero sense in comparison to their related points of interest.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

now I'm glad that I did Inner Nayos (Part I) map completion on three chars only instead of 6 like I first planned... I was pretty sure to get the first reward by completing the other half of the map and now I not only had to find all the lanterns on the first part of the map, but do the map completion on the second half too, plus lighting the lanterns... did you really planned it like that or was it a bug you couldn't fix in time and then decided to leave it like this? 

Well... nontheless, I finished my first part of the armor now and it's not THAT much effort, to do it 5 more times, but I feel sorry for those that spent that much time on completing the first part that often and get nothing.

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Oh come on! So we don't get map completion for completing the map!?

Already did map completion for the first half of Inner Nayos on each of my 18 characters to get it out of the way and now we find out that you've decided to change the rules for some reason. Why?

Anet didn't change any rules, map completion has always worked like this whenever maps are released piecemeal.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4