[Axe] One QoL issue with axe

Zacchary.6183

2 hours ago, JaxLeo.7912 said:

On top of that, i'd like to add Harrowing Storm still teleports to the target despite the devs saying in the patch notes that behaviour would be changed so the axes hit the enemy without the teleport

I think that was the intention? You'd still teleport to the target, but the axes would converge on the target rather than on you so you'd get hits without having to worry too much about positioning.

16 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I think that was the intention? You'd still teleport to the target, but the axes would converge on the target rather than on you so you'd get hits without having to worry too much about positioning.

i still think they should remove the shadowstep aspect of the skill, it still makes it too unreliable for instanced content, where you'll just shadowstep into an instant death mechanic

Edited by JaxLeo.7912
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, JaxLeo.7912 said:

i still think they should remove the shadowstep aspect of the skill, it still makes it too unreliable for instanced content, where you'll just shadowstep into an instant death mechanic

I like the teleport on harrowing. It's the biggest differentiator between dagger and pistol off hand imo (ya torment I guess). I'm using both so when I want ranged I'll just stay with pistol. Harrowing has actually saved me a few times when adds were around or I was caught on the far end of an aoe telegraph. I don't think they'll be changing it personally, but I'm also prepared to eat those words

Edited by ehjhey.1894

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 3:21 PM, Antycypator.9874 said:

Teleport should stay. Getting in melee range to use Cloak and Dagger is important for thief.

no. Teleport needs to go and instead make it a shadowstep like all thief skills should be. Only 2 skills on thief in the history of gw2 are considered TELEPORTS and thats the downed skill blink and the shadow portal. This is killing potential build compositions that utilize shadowsteps specifically and yet ironically shadowstep relics count...which is Chubacca defense all over again.

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only QoL that needs to happen with this is that the skills costs half the initiative if you accidentally queue it with no axes present. However, this poses another problem as you can easily spam evade frames if they did that. So, it's best for the skill to do something by itself (other than evade) than just doing everything with axes present. Ie. The skill should do something (other than evade) in addition to pulling the axes. All in all, it's just a matter of learning not to spam your buttons as thief as of right now since the skill doesn't do much of anything without axes on field.

There are other significant issues with axe which needs to be addressed first though before even touching this matter. This should be close to the bottom of that list.

Edited by Asur.9178
Felt I should clarify more before it's misunderstood.

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

no. Teleport needs to go and instead make it a shadowstep like all thief skills should be. Only 2 skills in the history of gw2 are considered TELEPORTS and thats the downed skill blink and the shadow portal. This is killing potential build compositions that utilize shadowsteps specifically and yet ironically shadowstep relics count...which is Chubacca defense all over again.

I checked it just now. Harrowing Storm does count as a shadowstep, at least with Relic of Peitha.

On 3/9/2024 at 9:21 PM, Antycypator.9874 said:

Teleport should stay. Getting in melee range to use Cloak and Dagger is important for thief.

I don't disagree, I think the skill just need something more, maybe it should have a dagger melee hit while casting the axe return 

On 3/13/2024 at 2:43 AM, remorseless.6352 said:

The only qol of axe is it belongs in the dumpster of how bad it is

^ This. Just delete the whole thing, we don't need a 3rd projectile weapon in a row anyways, especially one that's so passionless. It's got an awful sound effect that makes me not wanna use it anymore regardless of performance, doesn't use legendary effects on the spinny traps like when Necro spins their Axe with their 2. Doesn't have an actual dual attack and it's just an unanimated filler instead (coulda just made 2 a flippover to recall Axes).

Has no variety in attacks like Necro swords mixing range+melee+ground AoEs+god's blessing. Too much standing around waiting for walls to go away in WvW. Counting Axes all day in PvE is like counting sheep till you fall asleep~ but then the sheep keep dropping heavy rusty metal pipes on the floor, waking you up all the time from the loud noise. That is the Thief Axe experience. (and that's not even mentioning all the bugs and the fact that it went full release completely unfinished).

Easily the top most disappointing addition to the game since launch.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2024 at 5:27 PM, Asur.9178 said:

The only QoL that needs to happen with this is that the skills costs half the initiative if you accidentally queue it with no axes present. However, this poses another problem as you can easily spam evade frames if they did that. So, it's best for the skill to do something by itself (other than evade) than just doing everything with axes present. Ie. The skill should do something (other than evade) in addition to pulling the axes. All in all, it's just a matter of learning not to spam your buttons as thief as of right now since the skill doesn't do much of anything without axes on field.

There are other significant issues with axe which needs to be addressed first though before even touching this matter. This should be close to the bottom of that list.

How about this: If no axe counter, throws two spinning axes for half Ini cost and then flips to Call Axes whenever there is an axe counter. And to mention the concerns in the link, I can't say most of those will ever get fixed. I'm almost certain that the a/d shadowstep issue is intended since a/d was designed for condi, specter was designed with rit stats in mind and, of course, the nerf was a quick patch to a mechanic that was obviously broken. I am fine with a LoS restriction, but they could have just decreased the range of thrown and set axes to 650 so that the projectiles could only reach a maximum of 1200 + a buffer without killing the utility.

• Confused 1