Mukluk Realizing that PvE Alacrity makes more sense on Spellbreaker after Playing Bladesworn for 8 Seconds.

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Its amazing how quickly people come to the same conclusions after just attempting to use the class for two seconds. Really puts into perspective some of the crazy takes we see on the forums and how lopsided your class experience has to be to make them. 

By Lyssa, as someone who at least attempts to maintain proficiency with all professions,  THIS.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Reading the comments on his Berserker video:

Mukluk: "This build is giving me carpal tunnel..."

Warrior mains: "Nah, that's just typical Berserker gameplay..."

How little they understand because they don't play it.

• Confused 1

1. Magebane Tether: Alac pulses around you & your target for PvE. 240 radius. & Resilience for WvW/Might for PvP. -- 1s pulse icd but 3/4s Alac boons duration so you have to somewhat invest in +%boon duration gear (as Supports should.) 3/4s for Resiliance, 5s might but 2 stacks per pulse.

2. Old Daring Dragon back on Bladesworn w/ possibly nerfed / buffed cost's numbers -- if it wasn't where the devs wanted it. Hell, add a slash cap if that was the issue.

3. Remove the delay on DT2. Allow Dragon Slashes to be affected by quickness (I have no idea why they're not.)

Boom, Done. Classes balanced with coding that already exists.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Saying so many of the things we've been saying for a while...

It's almost as if the remaining handful of Warrior mains know Warrior better than the profession team that rarely touches Warrior.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

It doesn't take a genius to see it. So, honestly, don't know what's going on at the Studio...

Also, I like that he points out the weapon is great, but the warrior itself is pretty, meh. Hmmmmmmmmm.....!!!

Only way bladesworn would even be possible is if a trait like River's Flow boosts healing to self AND allies, Lush Forest gives alac when charging ammo gunsaber charges, and Immortal Dragon causes gunsaber explosions to provide regen and dragon slash heals you AND allies for a percent of damage. [Also, because of alac change, bring back the original daring dragon (with tweaked numbers if necessary). Even with all those changes, thematically Spellbreaker would be better and likely be smoother, especially with changes to meditations. 

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It's almost as if the remaining handful of Warrior mains know Warrior better than the profession team that rarely touches Warrior.

Everyone is theorizing that there isn't a single warrior player on the balance/dev team. It feels less like a theory and more like a statement of fact every day.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Yeah he's spot on when he says that Staff is an amazing weapon brought down by Warrior lol

Staff on any other class would be broken, because they all have a huge kit of traits and mechanics that offer support and healing. Warrior is just a pile of DPS mechanics.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Everyone is theorizing that there isn't a single warrior player on the balance/dev team. It feels less like a theory and more like a statement of fact every day.

Remember when they put the 5% Crit Chance in Arms because the dude making the change had no idea about Warrior and read the Flavor text for the Arms Traitline and thought "YEP CRIT LINE" (when they removed spotter and banner stats)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Remember when they put the 5% Crit Chance in Arms because the dude making the change had no idea about Warrior and read the Flavor text for the Arms Traitline and thought "YEP CRIT LINE" (when they removed spotter and banner stats)

Don’t even remember it, there has been so much kittenery in the last year that it’s starting to blend together.

• Confused 1

No matter how you look at it, this was done on purpose so that Spellbreaker, power Berserker and Junksworn do not benefit from it.

Because it'd have been "too good", if power builds (which most of Warrior has been designed for) got access to it.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

No matter how you look at it, this was done on purpose so that Spellbreaker, power Berserker and Junksworn do not benefit from it.

Because it'd have been "too good", if power builds (which most of Warrior has been designed for) got access to it.

So either incompetence or malicious.

OHH BOY!

• Confused 1

So either incompetence or malicious.

OHH BOY!

Why not incompetent malice?

Must have been the same reason that Arc Divider got neutered, I’m to this day sure that someone on the balance team ate a Divider too many and just decided that power berserkers can’t have fun.

Azure seems apologetic every time I mention it so the culprit on that front seems pretty clear.

Its probably the same reason for why they “don’t have a clear vision” for it in PvP yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's silly that we're still fighting Soldier's Focus despite it being specifically and repeatedly pointed out as an issue and ANet themselves noting in the 2023-11-28 balance patch that traits that mechanically operate like that are counterintuitive, reduce gameplay "feel", and hold the profession back

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

It's silly that we're still fighting Soldier's Focus despite it being specifically and repeatedly pointed out as an issue and ANet themselves noting in the 2023-11-28 balance patch that traits that mechanically operate like that are counterintuitive, reduce gameplay "feel", and hold the profession back

Although, ironically, spellbreaker might be the variant that would work best with the constraints of Soldier's Focus, since it doesn't spam like berserker or have long charge-ups like bladesworn... if, that is, spellbreaker had quickness or alacrity and thus could fit as a healer in PvE.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Azure seems apologetic every time I mention it so the culprit on that front seems pretty clear.

I am only partially apologetic.

It was just Tuesday for me. I could not have seen this coming. Perhaps I should not have put my back into it, but I also swear the first thing I'll do if they ever free me is get my "conquer the creator" achieve. 

I am, however, not above constantly pointing out that there is a track record of Arenanet specifically not wanting power berserker to play the game, though, even though we both know what will happen if they ever decide to let me back in.

See? See there?

*points at rampart splitter*

On purpose. Because when a dev goes to bed I am one of their nightmares. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1