To ArenaNet: Fire letter – exploits and hacks

Hello dear ArenaNet team,

I keep reporting players who use exploits or hacks. Many people I know don't do it anymore because they think it doesn't help. I can understand them very well, because unfortunately I always reported the same players with the same unfair behavior with screenshots and videos. The same standard response text always comes... And when I see them still actively in the game after weeks, months or even years, it's really, really frustrating.

Yesterday we whispered to a player who bugged into a familiar position. His answer was: "That's not an exploit, the thief can do that. If A-Net doesn't do anything, then it's allowed."

It's always the same well-known players, even entire guilds, who use exploits and hacks. These guilds are now forming alliances.

Something finally has to change!

Please start banning players with official numbers so that players can see that something is happening and that their reports and tickets were not in vain. Make WvW a safe and legal place again!

A loyal passionate Guild Wars 2 player

• Like 21
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

I have never used a hack/exploit. However, at this point I almost have to agree with the person you whispered. If Anet doesn't care to fix all that is wrong, then it must be the way Anet wants it. Even if it turns out that Anet wants WvW this way, I still won't use the exploits because you know.... integrity.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Lalary.3561 said:

Or Anet could simply add invisible walls or raise ledges on such spots.

Agree ^^^^^.

Keep reporting the spots that need adjustment. Do it via in game, link to youtube, exploit reports, and repeat. If you think about it, for every 1 valid report there will be 9 that are not. Its the nature of things. So report and share so that the valid spots have better chances of being fixed. We have seen new invis walls added. I think they should add those into patch notes so more players see that the reports worked, but have found many overtime that are patched but not noted for whatever reason. That's a business decision, don't agree with it, but it is what it is. But that shouldn't prevent players from still sharing those spots that need improvement. And don't give me that BS of well they didn't fix it so its valid crap replies. 

17 hours ago, Lalary.3561 said:

Or Anet could simply add invisible walls or raise ledges on such spots.

They only do that with jumping puzzles in PVE so people don't cheese the valuable reward chests with mounts. Maybe we should ask for chests being placed in the lord room...

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

They only do that with jumping puzzles in PVE so people don't cheese the valuable reward chests with mounts. Maybe we should ask for chests being placed in the lord room...

Oh my sweet summer child... you think people still don't figure out where to cheese such JPs?

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Have you watch the tv series "Beef" ? 

report and walk away, walk away. 

BTW your video needs to show the perp actually doing the hacking/glitching in to the keep otherwise anet won't have enough reason to ban them. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456

On 3/10/2024 at 12:15 PM, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

Invisible walls are of no use if players hack their way into the position.

True, but it would help in creating more of a divide between hacks and exploits and remove some of the variables from the issue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 12:26 PM, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

Yesterday we whispered to a player who bugged into a familiar position. His answer was: "That's not an exploit, the thief can do that. If A-Net doesn't do anything, then it's allowed."

On 3/9/2024 at 7:47 PM, Rogue.4756 said:

However, at this point I almost have to agree with the person you whispered.

Hello dear friends out of the early middleage welcome in 2024. for your information. in the last centuries we made a lot of rules about things which are possible but not allowed. so if you haven't been raped as kid, sold, tortured or simply killed it did not happen because it ist easy possible but still NOT allowed ! so please stop bothering us with BS you don't believe yourself. Anet also made rules we all had to accept before we could start to play. and *surprise* they don't contain a phrase like"it is allowed to break the rules if it is possible" 😉 

3.1 Prohibited Conduct.

Use good judgment when accessing the Services (e.g., don’t cheat, don’t exploit bugs, don’t violate laws, etc.). For a list of specifically prohibited conduct, please see Section 3.1 of the User Agreement and any other Community Standards we make publicly available. Note that we can take whatever steps we deem appropriate to remediate violations of the Rules of Conduct (including any Community Standards).

iv. Test for vulnerabilities, exploit any bug, engage in trafficking, or circumvent any technological measure intended to control access to the Services.

v. Create, use, offer, promote, or distribute any cheats, bots, or hacks.

its just necessary that arenanet starts to force the rules. and i don't talk just about bugging in objetives. i also talk about the whole area of missuse like scripts, bots, cheats and so on.

If you violate the prohibitions described in this Section or any of our Community Standards (collectively, the “Rules of Conduct”), then we may, in our reasonable discretion, provide you with a warning, penalties and, in certain cases, terminate your Account under Section 1.7.1 or limited rights to Use the Services. You may not do any of the following without signed written consent from a legally authorized representative of ArenaNet:

Anet will anyways not get rid of the most of them since they created alternate accounts to protect their mains long ago. which got leveled with bots in pve and a while ago also in pvp. at all one side will leave. if anet continues to ignore missuse the honestly player will (continue to) leave. i know a lot ppl which left allready. but at the end wvw will be a dead area. cheating against cheaters isn't fun anymore. still if my guildmates and me anyways wondering about the sense/fun to enter a pvp mode and win it with cheating. since it is not the idea to beat human players by the own skills it makes me think they are in need to push their small ego somehow, how ever. you know what i mean. poor guys which have beat their own kids by cheating in  a cardgame.^^

Edited by Michailski.6352
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before i played much WvW i always said to peoples, Gw2 dont have Cheaters, its just a Skill Issue..   Since i started playing active WvW, i met soooo many Cheaters and Exploiters... i mean, for REAL! 

Peoples who can SPAM Skills without Cooldown,  peoples who have permanent every single boon up, even when their class CANT provide this boons they just have them permanently up, without ANY teammate around to buff them. 

Also Peoples are exploiting some Relics, for example Relic of Nourys.  I dont know how, but they have that Relic Effect just permanently without going back to the normal state, so they have permanent those crazy Damage mitigation and healing on attacks etc.  and Reporting them doesnt do anything at all, seems like Anet is making money with those Cheaters

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My advice if you care is.... Make a youtube video about the exploits with clickbait title and pleasant sounds. Reports and WvW subforum posts/comments don't do anything. (They do seem to listen in PvP and Profession subforums).
Overall, only thing to get anything changed about WvW is complaing on a platform that might reach people who don't have the game already. WvW team doesn't care (does it even exist?), but sales and marketing team will.

Edited by Riba.3271

1 hour ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

Before i played much WvW i always said to peoples, Gw2 dont have Cheaters, its just a Skill Issue..   Since i started playing active WvW, i met soooo many Cheaters and Exploiters... i mean, for REAL! 

Peoples who can SPAM Skills without Cooldown,  peoples who have permanent every single boon up, even when their class CANT provide this boons they just have them permanently up, without ANY teammate around to buff them. 

Also Peoples are exploiting some Relics, for example Relic of Nourys.  I dont know how, but they have that Relic Effect just permanently without going back to the normal state, so they have permanent those crazy Damage mitigation and healing on attacks etc.  and Reporting them doesnt do anything at all, seems like Anet is making money with those Cheaters

What skills have you seen with zero cd?

What profession has all boons permanently up?

I'm asking because I haven't seen either of those.

1 hour ago, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

What skills have you seen with zero cd?

What profession has all boons permanently up?

I'm asking because I haven't seen either of those.

best example yesterday an Willbender,  spammed atleast 7x Whirling Light while having up EVERY Boon and  had permanent Relic of Nourys. 

Same day, an Tempest with permanent every boon and Relic of Nourys and had no Cooldown on his F Skills and he spammed F3 multiple times

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vyseman.2947 said:

best example yesterday an Willbender,  spammed atleast 7x Whirling Light while having up EVERY Boon and  had permanent Relic of Nourys. 

Same day, an Tempest with permanent every boon and Relic of Nourys and had no Cooldown on his F Skills and he spammed F3 multiple times

Last week there was a tempest and he was spamming overload air and nothing else, he was even running away and kept hitting with overload air!

Fresh Air tempest can spam air overload ...

Also i don't think there is any "impossible" boon-class combo left. I mean, boon steal is universally aviable via sigil, so is condi to boon conversion via relic, so that already covers pretty much every single boon in the game (not 100% uptime ofc, but still).

Edited by Zyreva.1078

14 minutes ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Fresh Air tempest can spam air overload ...

Also i don't think there is any "impossible" boon-class combo left. I mean, boon steal is universally aviable via sigil, so is condi to boon conversion via relic, so that already covers pretty much every single boon in the game (not 100% uptime ofc, but still).

Teach me how to Spam as FA Tempest your F3 WITHOUT Cooldown.  Im playing FA by myself 🙂

1 hour ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

Do you have any proof that it actually had no cd? A video? A combat log screenshot? Anything?

No? Ofc not, it's always the same with threads like this.

Multiple Guildmembers had recorded it, and already reported them, no worries 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I dont justify using hacks but I can understant why people use them. The actual state of balance between classes is a joke, and what Anet did in the last patch? Buffing more the overpowered ones.

If balance was real nobody would use hacks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3