Next weapon for Revenant

Tobias.4975

I think a Revs take on a sniper could be cool.  So longbow or Rifle, power damage with a focus on applying non damaging conditions like cripple, weakness and blind.  Ideally coming with a legend like the POF Balthazar sniper acolytes thematically.  Could even use the energy bar  to charge an attack you need to channel and hold still for.  Kinda a deadeye/bladesworn combo with a rev twist. 

i would also be cool with focus and have the 4 skill be a summoned temporary pet based on your current invoked legend - similar to mesmer phantasms.  While the 5 skill summons your current invoked legend to fight along side you and have it be an upkeep skill.

1 hour ago, mikexg.7329 said:

I think a Revs take on a sniper could be cool.  So longbow or Rifle, power damage with a focus on applying non damaging conditions like cripple, weakness and blind.  Ideally coming with a legend like the POF Balthazar sniper acolytes thematically.  Could even use the energy bar  to charge an attack you need to channel and hold still for.  Kinda a deadeye/bladesworn combo with a rev twist. 

i would also be cool with focus and have the 4 skill be a summoned temporary pet based on your current invoked legend - similar to mesmer phantasms.  While the 5 skill summons your current invoked legend to fight along side you and have it be an upkeep skill.

Given how they treat a lot of weapons weirdly they would just find a way to make the long bow or rifle into a melee weapon, much like they did to the poor scepter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mikexg.7329 said:

They could transform a rifle into a shotgun for hand-to-hand combat.

^ Maybe that's why ANet would need to add new weapons to the game: now that most of them are lame and useless the developer can cash money selling a good power ranged weapon or a good mele weapon.

The thing is that we already have two whole swaps of power mele weapons (swords, greatsword), two swaps of support weapons (staff, scepter and shield) two ranged weapons (hammer, short bow) and a single swap of condi weapons (mace + axe albeit shortbow works perfectly as alternative condi weapon). So what's left? A second mele condi set? A new hybrid or power ranged weapon? I think that anything would be mostly redundant, as long as the current options were good.

As I said, Rev will never compete for a dps place against a Virtuso, nor as support as a Druid or Scourge; in contrast, a Virtuoso will never be a great choice for solo OW PvE. I don't want a new weapon just because the ones I have sucks at their role. ALSO: people which designed the first Herald weapons and the short bow are out of the company; the greatsword is a copypaste from skills from other professions, and the scepter is a perfect kitten. How in the hell could I be hyped about prospect of this team designed new weapons? I don't. Just use your assets and resources to add homing, or new WvW/PvP maps or game modes, or to add horses... I think that after EoD and SotO's weapon mastery everything they could add in terms of specs and weapons is already done, and any addition will only make the game worse. I mean: there's traitlines in which you can select no traits and you barely feel any difference... If they end allowing "legend mastery" I think that 2 ot the 3 spec traitlines would just cease to exist... Because no one wants Renegade or Vindi due their traits. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Octavice.5019 said:

I wouldn't mind if they started to introduce 2nd skill sets for weapons, otherwise give me a rifle or dual pistols please.

That'd be neat... they have the tech. Look at Untamed Hammmer on ranger when you use it outside the espec. You get to choose the version of the skills. Just introduce 4 new skills to existing weapons and you can mix and match. pretty good build craft from that alone....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

That'd be neat... they have the tech. Look at Untamed Hammmer on ranger when you use it outside the espec. You get to choose the version of the skills. Just introduce 4 new skills to existing weapons and you can mix and match. pretty good build craft from that alone....

The only weapon that technically changes based on spec, that we have, is the trident. I don't see a point in a choosable spec weapon, even for a revenant, unless one spec was for damage and one was for healing/support. We already know they plan to introduce every weapon to all the classes eventually.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

We already know they plan to introduce every weapon to all the classes eventually.

Do they? Warrior is already very close to complete the whole arsenal years before most of the other professions... They already have 17.

5 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Do they? Warrior is already very close to complete the whole arsenal years before most of the other professions... They already have 17.

The next expansion this year is going to introduce a new weapon again, maybe two who knows. We don't know what the plan is next year, they stated that elite specs aren't over and it's possible a new one could come in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

The next expansion this year is going to introduce a new weapon again, maybe two who knows. We don't know what the plan is next year, they stated that elite specs aren't over and it's possible a new one could come in the future.

What are you talking about? I read all information i get from anet and never read they will introduce new weapons with the next expansion or that all professions will get all weapons. 

Can't you post your source about that pls?

8 minutes ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

What are you talking about? I read all information i get from anet and never read they will introduce new weapons with the next expansion or that all professions will get all weapons. 

Can't you post your source about that pls?

You apparently don't then; https://wccftech.com/guild-wars-2-qa-arenanet-on-switch-to-yearly-expansions-secrets-of-the-obscure-learnings-and-2024-update/

In Secrets of the Obscure, you have ditched the Elite Specializations added to each of the previous expansions in favor of new weapon proficiencies. Does that mean no more Elite Specs will be introduced in future Guild Wars 2 expansions?

We’re not ready to shut the door on Elite Specializations quite yet – it’s always possible that they’ll make a return in a future expansion. For now, we like the flexibility that focusing on weapons offers and we’ve proven out that we can add new layers of gameplay interaction through just the weapons themselves. We plan to focus on weapons for our next expansion, but we have a fun surprise in store to keep things fresh and exciting.

Here in this interview this particular question it is outlined that the 2024 expansion will be another weapon introduced, and they also clearly state that Elite Specs aren't the focus right now but might get revisted in the future. Oh and to nip this in the head before it gets started;

There was a 4.5 year-span between 2017's Path of Fire and 2022's End of Dragons. Now, though, you've settled on a much quicker pace for the expansions. What prompted this change? Will you attempt to keep the yearly expansion model for the foreseeable future?

There are two main drivers behind this change. First, we want to provide a better game experience to fans by adopting a more consistent release cadence, eliminating extended ‘content droughts’, and increasing support for the core game (WvW, Fractals, etc.). Second, we wanted to adopt a dev cycle that would allow our team to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We’re in a marathon, not a sprint. The structure of this approach allows us to take a long-term outlook toward planning, which helps with scheduling and staffing.

In terms of the future, we’re actively working on an expansion for 2024 (expansion 5) and planning one for 2025 (expansion 6), which is about as far into the future as we can reasonably foresee.

Here they state they not only have 2024 planned, but have plans in the works for the 2025 expansion as well (also called expansion 6). And for context, this interview was taken in December of 2023.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

I know this interview. There is no message about new weapons or that all professions will get all weapons. 

That Anet will set their focus on weapons don't mean they introduce new ones. That's interpretation. It could mean that they improve existing weapon mechanics too like adding more chain skills to weapons (like necro swords) or selectable skills (like ranger hammer) or they give special weapon improvement traits for weapons (like other mmorpgs do). 

19 minutes ago, Iustitian.9176 said:

I know this interview. There is no message about new weapons or that all professions will get all weapons. 

That Anet will set their focus on weapons don't mean they introduce new ones. That's interpretation. It could mean that they improve existing weapon mechanics too like adding more chain skills to weapons (like necro swords) or selectable skills (like ranger hammer) or they give special weapon improvement traits for weapons (like other mmorpgs do). 

Well, yea, that seems to be your interpretation but that sounds pretty definitive to me since there wouldn't be a need to mention it if they had no plans to introduce more outside of saying there might be more elite specs. Honestly if they are intent on just current weapons I think they would specify they were just focusing on the current weapons as well. But, I think the "interpretation" is clear at that point. But hey, I will chalk this in the bin along with the people that kept saying the Gyala Delve was not related to the Kryptis.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360

4 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

a 2 hand elite weapon where the 5 abilities can be selected to which of the 2 chosen stances you have in your build.

For example glint stance/assasin stance are in your build. But you choose the weapon abilties of that weapon to be linked to assasin stance. And another time you change the build and choose the weapon abilties to be linked to glint stance.

So you have a weapon that corresponds to legends, but you have more choice over which you want to use/focus on.

1 hour ago, Player.2475 said:

I'd want something that is not as terrible at the scepter.

I wouldn't say it's terrible it just doesn't offer anything we need, and the overlap actually hurts than helps in the end. Though I do find it amusing watching all these videos trying to squeeze blood from a stone with the scepter, the only build I think it would do any good is not ever going to be accepted as a healer in PvE (aka vindicator).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1