Please get rid of the daily defence option (WvW) for the Wizard's Vault

34 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Or an even more obvious example, player skills such as AoE which calculations is the whole reason the game lags in zerg fights. Even from a basic point of view no matter where you are looking from - the AoE checking which players are inside or the players checking if they are inside the AoE - it is a calculation that has to take place.

Even more, every ability range in relation to caster and target and pathing in between. And I think the game also has real projectile physics and includes elevation component so not only x and y but also z component.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

How is that weird? The game constantly checks your position and relation to other assets. If we just stick to a few obvious examples in wvw: gliding area, ex warclaw mount speed, defender buff, capture rings, objective reveals.

And most events do this anyway. Most events require you to be in specific area. How is that different to wvw defense? The game also clearly indicates when you are in the event area with top right event msg in real time.

Yep.

ArcDPS logs are able to replay a battle in its entirety, with exact locations of players  on the map at any given moment, where they went, and who was hit by what and what enemy players were there.

It's actually kinda crazy the amount of information that is available, especially considering most games struggle to even have any kind of replay feature.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Meh get rid of the OS jumping puzzle achievement, literally the only weekly I never do.

The defense one is easy particularly if you have smc, otherwise, show up to defend stuff, kill people, get credit whenever, profit. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry sad peep. Let me try it another way. Mods don't always take action on their own since they may find the topic fine. But if a player makes a case it might better be served under a different subforum it might be moved. So its not the mod, but another poster requesting a move. Hence the Forum Wars 2 bit. Hope that makes more sense. 

I don't mind it being weekly anymore, I just ignore it there.
But it being daily can be annoying when paired with another daily that's not done in just 5 minutes in the morning before work.

Since I play support I've even more troubles but the defence- I get less dollys counted than before (playing dd) 😔
kitten the minstrel meta. Why isn't everybody just cele.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I don't mind it being weekly anymore, I just ignore it there.
But it being daily can be annoying when paired with another daily that's not done in just 5 minutes in the morning before work.

Since I play support I've even more troubles but the defence- I get less dollys counted than before (playing dd) 😔
kitten the minstrel meta. Why isn't everybody just cele.

You have templates, use them?

Just now, Lucy.3728 said:

While on the run with the squad?
And then I get in battle mode and the enemy engages and I'm in my pve hp farm build xD

Why are you worried about killing dolys in a squad? Do stuff like that in your off times. 🤷‍♂️

You chose to run support not kill. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, XenesisII.1540 said:

Why are you worried about killing dolys in a squad?

Because we run past it or it comes along the gate/wall we open, or they're in the camp we take... several scenarios to meet a dolly without looking for one. Taking the event with you because it happens to pass you.

I'm saying that before, when I played damage dealer, I played wvw and the weekly did itself. Now you say I have to play the weekly separately, on top. And that was my point.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Because we run past it or it comes along the gate/wall we open, or they're in the camp we take... several scenarios to meet a dolly without looking for one. Taking the event with you because it happens to pass you.

I'm saying that before, when I played damage dealer, I played wvw and the weekly did itself. Now you say I have to play the weekly separately, on top. And that was my point.

You need to do enough damage to get credit, if you refuse to run stats to do enough damage like a damage dealer, then don't expect to get credit every time? Run celestial until you're done with the weeklies if you don't want to do it outside of squad? Compromise?

It's all your choice. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/16/2024 at 7:44 AM, Gorani.7205 said:

Good job mods, banishing this thread from the normal discussion forum to the WvW subforum, where the players can be among themselves and don't disturb important discussions about skins and and gem store requests. /s

I hadn't realised they had shifted it, because I had been clicking on notifications. I specifically posted in the normal discussion forum because it's more feedback about their daily system. It just happens to be about WvW rather than PvE.

This is frustrating because it's a problem with their 1. changes to the daily system and 2. focussing on making PvE fine without apparently caring about WvW.

The inconsistency is frustrating. If the dailies on one game mode get amended because some players are upset, then why can't the daily options in a second game mode get changed for the same reason?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I most certainly have well over a thousand defense credits from defending camps against other solo players. It's not a hard one to get, like 5 minutes on homebl and it's often my first one done. All I do is run to where the swords are

• Confused 2

On 4/8/2024 at 6:08 AM, forwinds.4123 said:

very sorry for reposting the same thing 3 times. I can't delete them either Dx

On 4/8/2024 at 6:07 AM, forwinds.4123 said:

This option is still bugged for free acc btw. My main acc has no issue so far but when I swap to free acc, it is almost no way to finish it.

No worries and not sure it is bugged. It's just unclears based on feedback of what it is that triggers the event. Parts I have tested and seen, kill those you know got credit in an attack. Parts I can not verify if there is WxP already assigned to a player for other activities outside of the objective that also marks them as valid attackers so you can get defense event participation. Some players reported getting it all the time and others none of the time. Its not really easy to add random to coding so there is a pattern, its just not known. Bug I wouldn't say its bugged versus more masked to try and not let players kill trade.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cele's a good all purpose armor I have mine set up in a pve build and I use it everywhere on all builds, especially in wvw. Need some staying power when you have a zerg on your tail. I carry just enough support for any oh kitten moments to help any allies.  My warrior pumps out stab like crazy, so he's my reviver I just can't use him wvw, too many long distance aoe rings especially since they cripple dragon trigger. 

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 3:08 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No worries and not sure it is bugged. It's just unclears based on feedback of what it is that triggers the event. Parts I have tested and seen, kill those you know got credit in an attack. Parts I can not verify if there is WxP already assigned to a player for other activities outside of the objective that also marks them as valid attackers so you can get defense event participation. Some players reported getting it all the time and others none of the time. Its not really easy to add random to coding so there is a pattern, its just not known. Bug I wouldn't say its bugged versus more masked to try and not let players kill trade.

Thank you for your reply ;D

I tend to feel it is bugged is bc it happened at least 3 times that I was very certain I should get credit. We were defending objects, including a tower, a keep, and the SMC. Those were long defense events and we killed many enemies(I got a lot of loot), from the events were triggered to the lords were defeated and we fought in the rings, and someone res the lords so the fights continued until the enemies gave up. I died many times of course and I kept running back to join the fights. In the beginning, I thought it was bc I died and wasn't there when the defense event was finished(if it is really one of the reasons to prevent ppl getting credit, that's very lame). But during those 3 long fights, I was certain I stayed alive when the events were finished.

I'll try to do it again recently to check if it got fixed ;3

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, forwinds.4123 said:

Those were long defense events and we killed many enemies(I

Ive run into that situation many times. At one point more than 30 kill credits inside the objective, with the defense event up, and yet no credit for the event.

• Like 1