Siege Disabler Change

12 hours ago, Lucy.3728 said:

How's disabling a waste when it's 5 supps? It has cooldown too.

I am replying to this from the defense side. So if a player has supply it might be better for them to spend that on repeatable fire ordnance like siege since it's no longer a lockout. Without ways to apply damage to a "disrupted" attacking siege its a waste since without means to damage said attacking siege what is the point? 

4 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

The favor anet has to boonballs is so cringe. They really want to kill of smaller groups. But ye for me i will defend never again any object because makes no sense tho.

Understand. But as a fellow stubborn kitten, I will say no. Granted I am mental. I had to tell server mates its a bad idea and I would get them killed. And they...died. 

But they held. So this old Choppa sends a WAAAGH!  to those other stubborn kittens. 🙂 Well done! We need more strips, more anti-boon to boon, hold what you own!

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I am replying to this from the defense side. So if a player has supply it might be better for them to spend that on repeatable fire ordnance like siege since it's no longer a lockout. Without ways to apply damage to a "disrupted" attacking siege its a waste since without means to damage said attacking siege what is the point? 

On my server, as defender, when you cannot take down the players, take down their siege. Either with counter siege or risky runs into their siege to mainly target it. Esp. when our respawn is close and we can repeat that until the siege is down. That would go even faster with just 5 supps invested.

At some point they have to leave to get new supps to build something new... or, they are that many ppl they go to the gate and open it with hand damage. But latter is very rare.

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

On my server, as defender, when you cannot take down the players, take down their siege. Either with counter siege or risky runs into their siege to mainly target it. Esp. when our respawn is close and we can repeat that until the siege is down. That would go even faster with just 5 supps invested.

At some point they have to leave to get new supps to build something new... or, they are that many ppl they go to the gate and open it with hand damage. But latter is very rare.

Don't get me wrong, as a defender agree with the tactic of kill them or knock out their siege. But I think reducing the cost will only make the disruptor more of value to offense where as the current cost players might more drop that supply cost into defensive siege since the disruptor doesn't fill the role that the disabler did and just creates more room for defenders to get themselves killed trying to use it. Its like the change to invul walls, don't install it any more since its pretty much useless. Better to not use so they remove it and replace it with something else.

12 hours ago, Arrow Blade of El Elyon.9341 said:

After being on the fence if it is a change for the better, I like the previous version, as it enabled defenders to give incoming support additional time to come to their aid. Others may disagree, but just my thoughts on the situation.

Technically WvW is about attacking and defending your land (home borders) and a 3-way fight over SMC (ebg). Though there still is a 3-way fight over SMC, WvW has devolved into ppt-ing around the home borders mostly and I'm torn over this topic because it belies the point of WvW and what it has become, but at the same time the reality is that the vast majority of the WvW player base is interested in PPT'ing around the maps So is it then wrong for Anet to support that playstyle?

And yes, Anet have been instrumental in enabling this PPT playstyle but that's essentially water under the bridge; we're not going to change it now. I just feel sad for those people who still want to defend their stuff and buy into this vibe of defending your lands still. For me personally, it has always been my focus as a scout on the home border, but I also have to accept that I might be the exception and that's not going to change. This is why I've taken a break from WvW now and am reflecting on whether or not to come back to WvW and in what form.

At the same time I have to wonder why on earth the attackers need even more defensive stuff nerfed. Are they really not capable of being a little bit more creative than placing their siege the same way in the same place every single time? And Anet is not being honest about their goals for WvW. They just let people who like to defend believe something that's not true for WvW: the fact that the attacking side gets all the benefits and the defensive benefits are being nerfed because Anet wants to support the capping of objectives at the expense of being able to successfully defend them.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 12:14 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Though there still is a 3-way fight over SMC

Those are the best.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:14 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

WvW has devolved into ppt-ing around the home borders mostly

I played the first year of GW2 (then did a 7-year-break) and as far as I remember ppting was a thing back then... was THE thing back then. We just called it karma train and not ppt.
(I leveled most of my characters that way back then when you still got xp instead of wxp)

Edited by Lucy.3728

In reality, ppt is still needed because if the server falls to the bottom, then things get dead and there are no fights. People will just farm the few randoms that are running around. What a lot of people considered "tanking" is just groups not wanting to burn themselves out ppt'ing 24/7 in some high tier (well just t1 these days) especially since Anet themselves don't care about the integrity of the game mode and allow exploits to go unpunished.

Still though it was important to defend even as people that want fights. These days though, a lot of the actual fight guilds have vanished, leaving behind the mediocre ones that are just content with getting any win as possible, and they'd rather transfer to some other fertile land to leech, and this really causes them to cannibalize the content. There's a reason why many of them have to frequently rebrand and that's because nobody likes them because they contribute nothing to wherever they go, and it's somewhat questionable if they even like each other since they banded together with the common goal of getting easy wins. And when the easy wins dry up... that means more transfer.

And we all know gw2 players aren't the smartest with resources.  It's also funny how people are great at penny pinching but get super negligent when it comes to more expensive stuff. Like you could probably just make a ton of gold just by buying festive materials when they're cheap and selling it when everyone panics. Screw grinding pve ofc. Like this:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Holographic_Super_Cake

===Most people don't have to read this unhinged stuff. Skip this part, if in a hurry==

Spoiler

Even right now (don't really recommend because we're close to SAB), did you notice the 33% difference between buy and sell? It used to be even more, like 32/48, and yes it sells at the higher price so you can simply print gold by flipping them. But why do that? When SAB comes on these cakes will drop below 10 silver, so what I do is usually buy thousands of them, eat some of them throughout the year, and sell the rest back when prices go up and then repeat the cycle next year. So basically, this food is free as long as I have the gold to  buy the initial stack. But more short sighted people don't realize this and buy it @  near 50 silver each.

Now the people that do that aren't stupid (in fact they should keep buying them)-- they have their reasons. Sometimes they need it right now. Sometimes short-term things are worth it because things are useless once the time has passed. After a certain point, gold is kinda pointless anyways.

And stupid is relative right? I'm sure there's some TP baron with some spreadsheet knowing that I know what they know and exploiting whatever I do as such.

And this stuff is pretty benign. There's plenty of bigger stuff usually when a game update occurs and people panic. Heck, that's sometimes why I read the forums . Like when I read about people crying about the price of mystic coins or something. I know they'll give me their gold anyways,. so why not?

I mean the pvp in this game kinda sucks, so this is just another outlet.

Except, the problem is, that both gamers and devs exclusively plan for the short term and instant gratification. Heck, even if you got this far in this post without already furiously typing a rebuttal, then congrats, you have patience and self control, which is great.

I remember when my server collected gold to invite some guilds to come and engineer a "fight tier". I didn't bother, because I thought it was dumb to give gold to people who have no obligation to honor anything. And a few months later, *surprised pikachu face*. Because even at that point, competitive integrity was already a widespread meme, and it's just kinda like, why could anyone think that could work?

Yet you see servers, communities, and guilds engage in these dumb ploys all the time that wouldn't even work in a best case scenario and usually just disband entirely in a few months when the dumb scheme has a dumb result.

We all laugh at the braindead player that covets legendary armor or GoB but has no plan or desire to improve, and doesn't even comprehend the legendary's uses, yet they want it anyways and even tries to blame the lack of it for their failures.... in open world. Yet WvW players that do the above aren't really much different, and in many ways even dumber because it affects far more people.

Or maybe the people that always cry the game mode is dead, but when there's an event that makes people want to play, they start hating people for trying to play their game mode because of queues. Yea you know, it doesn't work like that.

===Continue====

Anyhow, the tl;dr is that it appears the developers have a certain player type in their ear that only prioritizes the short term.  And this is evident in many ways-- the way they play simply destroys content and communities because the way they play is to the exclusion of everyone else. And I'm not even making up words-- these are the types that tell you to get off the map because they consider themselves more important. The scouts that tell you where the enemies is? Tell us, and get off too, etc.

And we've seen all kinds of great proto alliances and server structures collapse, because they are run by children that have no concept of social graces, much less any ability to build a community. And with alliances, it'll be likely nobody will care except these people that want to play general at that point. The game direction is just reflecting that sort of direction.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Heck, even if you got this far in this post without already furiously typing a rebuttal, then congrats, you have patience and self control, which is great.

“10/10 read and would read again (I like walls of text).” -Arius

• Like 1

Anet wvw balance team just don't care about small groups and solo players , they want big fights with massive squads , reason they nerfed boon strip , so the big blobs dont win win fights cause of the other team having more strips , its basicly whoever strip more have an advantage since the whole fight is based on boons , anet doesn't think much when it comes to these things , they think wvw is made for guilds and massive groups , so we can go fucck off i guess , lots of people like defending their keeps /towers and even camps , but rn the change just made it way harder for some scouting people to sneak a disabler to buy enough time , and now with the bubbles and 4+5 catas even with that it still does lots of damage , roamers or small groups are the least of their concerne sadly , can't do much about that , not to mention that they never fixed desert borderland exploits with thieves , also mortars and canons are basicly cosmetics rn , they put them on the edge of the wall so they be destroyed when 20 people pull up at ur keep  , the amount of questionable stuff and garbage thats in wvw for people who just wanna play some wvw and enjoy some small group or solo content have to deal with this , but hey , we are not players , we are just guests remember that , also remove siege disablers since u made ewp in 20 min which is 50 times better , and now we have to deal with randoms who put siege disablers on wall instead summoning the avengers for better defenses , even if the breachers are on lord ewp is still broken since u can def while ur walls are off , its insane how much bs exist in this game mod.

On 4/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, Lucy.3728 said:

I played the first year of GW2 (then did a 7-year-break) and as far as I remember ppting was a thing back then... was THE thing back then. We just called it karma train and not ppt.

I remember back in the day on BG, before the reset there would be literal organized karma trains with other servers just recapping all the keeps together... the only pressure was capping it before the others side caught up and would have to wait

On 3/29/2024 at 12:37 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

You're expected to use ewp to make sure the defenders are on time and waiting for that "fite" guild when they break in, nothing else matters anymore. 🤭

Go ahead anet, take the gates out since you only want lord fights, your gvg devs have done enough damage to the game mode, go for the deathblow.

Replying a bit late, but I can imagine this being real enough some day....

All towers and keeps now only have 1 gate, which has replaced the lord of the structure. This gate must be destroyed for the capture circle to appear. This gate can use the new lord heal ability, which  now can only be interrupted by a siege disruptor. 

1 hour ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

Replying a bit late, but I can imagine this being real enough some day....

All towers and keeps now only have 1 gate, which has replaced the lord of the structure. This gate must be destroyed for the capture circle to appear. This gate can use the new lord heal ability, which  now can only be interrupted by a siege disruptor. 

Amusingly, this would actually counter all the people that sneak into towers/keeps using various sneaky unintended teleports/jumps or stealth to stay inside. Since they'd now have to kill the gate to get the capture circle to appear. I kind of like it.

2 hours ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

This gate must be destroyed for the capture circle to appear. This gate can use the new lord heal ability, which  now can only be interrupted by a siege disruptor. 

lol that actually seems like a decent idea to me. It would screw with mesmers or thieves who manage to hide in an initial attack that opens an objective, and then port after the objective has been repaired, but it would also screw with the hackers ghost capturing objectives. I would extend it to gates or walls though, otherwise cata and treb use on towers would be dead overnight, with smc and keeps being the only real places to attack with them anymore. Most of the siege warfare would then center on the gates and I can image the amount of counter trebs and catas that would line up inner gates.... not that it matters to a boon ball spamming stability and shield gens to block everything and anet would probably just buff rams again to appease their gvg devs and frends. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

After awhile of playing now, my opinion is that the new siege "inconveniencer" is actually pretty good, but only if you are also attempting to destroy the inconvenienced siege.  It makes it way easier to delete enemy siege.  If you do nothing after using it, you get nothing.

On 3/20/2024 at 8:17 PM, alteriel valie.4751 said:

All i see is, they managed to make ppt faster now!

Which is the whole point. Its all about rewards now. That's how they populate wvw now, rewards, rewards, rewards and more rewards. 

The current meta and playstyle in wvw is so ridiculously boring these days, that they cant get new players interested innit, with out showering them with endless rewards. 

Imagine being a new player in wvw in 2024. All u run into is unkillable celebots on autopilot 🤣

Edited by Thomas.2564