WvW World Restructuring Beta Feedback and Future

Here is my 2nd account matchup KDR, just as imbalanced. https://imgur.com/a/lsQYpyt

Red team KDR is 1.68 to 1.71, blue 0.92 to 0.95 and green 0.69 to 0.71 for all skirmishes.

EDIT: this is total KDR, not per skirmish, my bad.

It's not like there is a time when one team pulls ahead cuz they have better coverage. It's one team just kicking butt the entire time.

The algorithm isn't working, guys. 

Edited by Spiral.3724
clarifying statistic
  • Like 10

On 8/6/2024 at 9:43 AM, One more for the road.8950 said:

Every summer people are crying that something recently broke WvW and now it's dead forever. For years. It's a seasonal thing. Still not dead.

Not all of us are in the northern hemisphere, and WvW is 24/7

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

And?

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of ppl on NA and EU server are in the northern hemisphere or that it's a seasonal thing happening every year?

The "it's dead due to summer" doesn't apply to the southern hemisphere. I thought that was obvious.

• Like 8
  • Confused 4

On 8/8/2024 at 8:26 AM, Spiral.3724 said:

Here is my 2nd account matchup KDR, just as imbalanced. https://imgur.com/a/lsQYpyt

Red team KDR is 1.68 to 1.71, blue 0.92 to 0.95 and green 0.69 to 0.71 for all skirmishes.

EDIT: this is total KDR, not per skirmish, my bad.

It's not like there is a time when one team pulls ahead cuz they have better coverage. It's one team just kicking butt the entire time.

The algorithm isn't working, guys. 

I think that Anet should test the BETA and rematch servers a little more boldly before the right time, as the results were not the best at first.

• prime time bonus made the entire game unbalanced quite all day and night because everybody is min-maxing ("natural" behaviour)
  • defence event do not work at all making wizard's vault a real pain when selecting wvw and something else (I'm min-maxing too !)
  • alliance means gvg which doesn't work as there is no in-game tool to look for them (like is ESO)

I may have some other feedbacks later

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

The "it's dead due to summer" doesn't apply to the southern hemisphere. I thought that was obvious.

And?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I do not get your point.

That it "doesn't apply to southern hemisphere" have no impact on something people do every year. It just means that perhaps the southern hemisphere people aren't a part of it.

Edited by One more for the road.8950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

I just came back to the game and WvW feels worse than when I left a couple years ago in terms of match making pre Alliance and World restructuring.  WvW feels like the active players are grouped into a large WvW guild and or alliance causing a much more lop sided game than the old WvW format, which was in some way regulated by full server.

Limit the size around 100 to 150 for WvW Guild and Alliance and the frequency of transfer to once every 3 team cycle should help with balancing the team.  Not like players in 1 alliance or guild can fit on 1 map at the same time anyways. 

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Dovahkiin from HighRock.46 said:
  • prime time bonus made the entire game unbalanced quite all day and night because everybody is min-maxing ("natural" behaviour)

i really hope there isn't a "prime time bonus" the opposite of this is needed, i thought that would be obvious

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 10

I only have 1 gripe. We need more ways to get these kitten skirmish tickets. As a dad I don't have the time to grind hours and hours of WvW to finally get enough for 1 step towards a leggy ring or backpack. 

I enjoy WvW, but this takes up so much time comparred to other legendary items nowadays. 365 tickets a week from pips is terrible, I never reach Diamond with the time I have.

Half the pips needed for all the chests I say. 1450 ->725. And up the rewards for defend and conquer x5. 😛

And if this is too much work, please add some new ways to get more. It's so kitten slow. 

Here ill add this to finish my rant:  (⊙_☉)  Feel free to add your own below. ⬇

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hemi.5267 said:

I only have 1 gripe. We need more ways to get these kitten skirmish tickets. As a dad I don't have the time to grind hours and hours of WvW to finally get enough for 1 step towards a leggy ring or backpack. 

I enjoy WvW, but this takes up so much time comparred to other legendary items nowadays. 365 tickets a week from pips is terrible, I never reach Diamond with the time I have.

Half the pips needed for all the chests I say. 1450 ->725. And up the rewards for defend and conquer x5. 😛

And if this is too much work, please add some new ways to get more. It's so kitten slow. 

Here ill add this to finish my rant:  (⊙_☉)  Feel free to add your own below. ⬇

There is no hard cap on skirmish tickets any more.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

There is no hard cap on skirmish tickets any more.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

You can get 365 Tickets each week from the Skirmish Chests. Each of the 9 achievements will give 10 Tickets. That's 455.

You now also get 1 extra ticket for every gold level assault on Towers, Keeps and Stonemist and 1 Ticket for Gold participation on defending T2/3 Towers, Keep and Stonemist. 

You need 2800 for a Leggy backpack. So I need to play 11-13 weeks IF I can get 10 hours in each week. Which is a big IF, because I want to play the PvE parts of the game too.

Ill just play and not worry about these kitten tickets i guess... (but it's still a horrible grind imo, specially this day and age)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Hemi.5267 said:

Ill just play and not worry about these kitten tickets i guess... (but it's still a horrible grind imo, specially this day and age)

If you have a job, family, other hobbies or a combination of those, taking your time is the sanest thing you can do. Tickets will build up over time. Worked for me, as I have the same game time restrictions you have.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

If you have a job, family, other hobbies or a combination of those, taking your time is the sanest thing you can do. Tickets will build up over time. Worked for me, as I have the same game time restrictions you have.

Yeah, it's just frustrating sometimes because I love the game so much. Juggling masteries/skirmisch tickets and other currencies.  These days my brain needs a moment to process whats the best thing to do when I startup the game haha.

On 8/5/2024 at 11:43 PM, One more for the road.8950 said:

Every summer people are crying that something recently broke WvW and now it's dead forever. For years. It's a seasonal thing. Still not dead.

So far summer sounded like an obvious explanation, but on the other side holidays/vacation could also mean increased activity. Lets look at the last years at https://kills.werdes.net/#/matches/archive/ (EU)

Week: 13.8.21 K+D: 1371143

Week: 10.12.21 K+D: 1107097

Week: 19.08.22 K+D: 930068

Week: 09.12.22 K+D: 852813

Week: 11.8.23 K+D: 1086256

Week: 8.12.23 K+D: 1036234

Week: 2.8.24 K+D: 889139

The last couple years every winter was worse than summer. Although the last week of december usually comes close to summer, probably due to holidays too. 😉

So ... low activity because summer is a myth.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Teams need to have a better balance of blobbers and pugs. All the blobbers are on worlds together and all the pugs are on worlds together. The disparity in the meta (the biggest problem of WvW by far) has only exacerbated since world restructuring. Boonballs are impossible to kill without one, and this is being utilised to target the pug servers, i've been on 2 worlds both of which have 0 commanders and 0 squads. We just get doubled teamed all day even when we dont have anything left. It's far too easy for blob players to form large groups and dominate the worlds without now. Outside of about 4 blob guilds in EU, most will avoid other blobs in favour of pushing pugs because it's easier and considerably more lucrative. Therefore entire blob player worlds, and entire pug player worlds should not exist. All the recent changes in WvW are tunnelvisioned on a style of play the game's engine can't even support. Nothing to fight but lag fast condi bunker blobs who's mistakes can never be punished. Then, when there's no commander running, each and every blobber logs off leaving 0 content for the rest of the day, and the pug worlds flip everything. There's nothing competitive about this game mode any more. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shadow.2097 said:

Teams need to have a better balance of blobbers and pugs. All the blobbers are on worlds together and all the pugs are on worlds together. The disparity in the meta (the biggest problem of WvW by far) has only exacerbated since world restructuring. Boonballs are impossible to kill without one, and this is being utilised to target the pug servers, i've been on 2 worlds both of which have 0 commanders and 0 squads. We just get doubled teamed all day even when we dont have anything left. It's far too easy for blob players to form large groups and dominate the worlds without now. Outside of about 4 blob guilds in EU, most will avoid other blobs in favour of pushing pugs because it's easier and considerably more lucrative. Therefore entire blob player worlds, and entire pug player worlds should not exist. All the recent changes in WvW are tunnelvisioned on a style of play the game's engine can't even support. Nothing to fight but lag fast condi bunker blobs who's mistakes can never be punished. Then, when there's no commander running, each and every blobber logs off leaving 0 content for the rest of the day, and the pug worlds flip everything. There's nothing competitive about this game mode any more. 

I would be interested to know at what times these imbalances are happening. If it is during off hours there are not enough guilds to go around which is why v.p. was going to be weighted as to when people play. If it is during peak hours then there is indeed a balance issue.

• Confused 3

15 hours ago, ChrisWhitey.9076 said:

I would be interested to know at what times these imbalances are happening. If it is during off hours there are not enough guilds to go around which is why v.p. was going to be weighted as to when people play. If it is during peak hours then there is indeed a balance issue.

These issues are most prevalent during the prime times, when guilds and large open public squads typically operate. I'd also add that I'm mostly talking about EBG here. Back with the server system, most servers had a pug population, and pugs do typically play EBG on the most part. Now that some 400-500 strong alliance guilds consisting of only blob players exist, there are several servers which now have basically no pug population at all. Before world restructuring, EBG was a relative safe haven from the dominance of boonballs, because pug populations meant that the largest of organised squads could not fit in EBG (specifically prime time, there's always been a thing with early morning blobs stacking in one world to run large PPT squads off hours with little resistance, this happened before WR and can be ignored in this argument) This is the biggest change of world restructuring, on these worlds, EBG is empty and squads can be considerably larger than they were before hand at prime times. It is incredibly frustrating as a pug to try and play against this. You are virtually powerless to stop a large organised squad even with a map queue. Organised groups are able to play EBG more often, and the disparity between organised groups and pugs/cloud is most prevalent here. Since WR both of my worlds have had no commanders and no guilds. In my experience we are targeted by opposing boonballs every single evening. Very rarely do these blobs clash with each other. They will always take the easier option of double teaming the side with useless pugs. It's been the same every evening since WR, large organised guilds in EBG stoming all over the pugs thanks to a meta which renders them immortal without an equivalent, an equivalent that a pug population cannot possibly produce. . 

Outside of prime time, it's not always as bad, but there are some servers who do nothing but boonball even during the day with lower numbers. This is more manageble, but it's incredibly dull and boring to fight against. There are some worlds where your only opposition all week is boonballs. Being on a pug only world, this is very boring and I now avoid play these weeks. Anet needs to spread the pugs back out, instead of concentrating them all together, because it's very difficult to compete now against large worlds that only play organised. I can't see the pug population lasting much longer if they're all being lumped together to be nothing but cannonfodder for zerg world's farm fests. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 8/15/2024 at 10:59 AM, Shadow.2097 said:

Teams need to have a better balance of blobbers and pugs. All the blobbers are on worlds together and all the pugs are on worlds together.

Only two sorts in and am not linking up with any alliance/community guilds to watch the sorts and not seeing this. Are you sure that your 'pugs' aren't actually a community guild versus your blobs are just large guilds? the idea behind the sorts is to spread the various guild around till you get to the non-guilded players to fill in the rest.

i've been on 2 worlds both of which have 0 commanders and 0 squads.

0 Tags or 0 visible tags?

It's far too easy for blob players to form large groups and dominate the worlds without now.

Is this a WR issue? Might be, might be that people that couldn't connect before do now and form up as they go. Seeing a lot of recruiting still as people try and pull in all that they can for the next sort.  Now how long will those groups last? Unsure.

Outside of about 4 blob guilds in EU, most will avoid other blobs in favour of pushing pugs because it's easier and considerably more lucrative.

That's the nature of large scale, try and determine what you can and can't fight. Not sure this is a WR issue outside of giving all groups that might do that more options to gather more in. That's also why I am wathcing scoring and PPK and PPT balance. The answer to side just run large scale is to counter them with more small scale tactics and groups to either encourage them to spread or else face losing everything else that their zerg is currently not at. Its also up to the community/alliance guilds to decide are they looking for people that will stack or people that can do both or just groups that will spread. That's going to take time to see how players self sort themselves out.

Therefore entire blob player worlds, and entire pug player worlds should not exist.

They don't exist today. What you might seeing is pure guilds being mixed with alliance guilds. 

All the recent changes in WvW are tunnelvisioned on a style of play the game's engine can't even support.

I think you mix topics here.

Nothing to fight but lag fast condi bunker blobs who's mistakes can never be punished.

Different topics.

Then, when there's no commander running, each and every blobber logs off leaving 0 content for the rest of the day, and the pug worlds flip everything.

Again this is up to each group, but also existed before the WR. This is what I still call tag dependency. Tags should bring a focus to a group, but its members should also be able to act independently when one isn't present or even better be able to split off and rejoin with a tag as they go so that they can spread and use numbers that make sense where it makes sense. 

There's nothing competitive about this game mode any more. 

When was there? Its a 24x7 365 game mode with 3 sides. How could it ever be competitive? Its up to each player to determine if they want to see it as competitive or not. Personally, yes I go for a win myself, but I am not going to fault others that may not since its never going to be balanced as people think that it can be.

Again, server pride player myself. But WR is here, so best odds if you don't want to face random is find a community/alliance group or guild that meshes with your playstyle and habits and link up. Else be ready for the unknown and you need to adjust to what the next sort looks like. Personally I am still floating since I want to see what these mixes look like for the sake of feedback, and after all that time on my server, I was due for a vacation and to wander some. Wanderlust is a thing after a time. Good hunting!

• Confused 3

WR has been a disaster (as expected).
With servers you had a central discord for each server, which open tags would run on, allowing even non-guilded people to learn the game and participate.
You also had the ability to move away from a server if the balance got screwed up by bad relinking by anet.
Finally you also knew what a server's culture was like and so you could plan/predict matchups to ensure that like minded people would get matches that match their playstyle.

Now however you have terrible matchmaking linking all pugs in some teams and massive guilds in others which you can't balance yourselves with transfers.
You have no central discord, so the community on a team is very fragmented and pugs don't ever get open tags to follow
You also have no idea what each team has ahead of time, and so you end up going weeks with horrible content which doesn't match what you play the game for.

Honestly, this was always predicted as being the issue, but Anet explained that balance would be better, but they couldn't even balance it when it was linking 2 servers together... how did they think they could balance it better with hundreds of guilds and thousands of pugs???

They should have simply merged the dead servers into alive ones and allowed the community to balance itself with transfers like before, but without the risk of Full + Med allowing people to stack the medium link like before.

But it's too late, Anet and their sunk cost will mean they're time and energy will instead be put into polishing this absolute kitten

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fizzee.1762 said:

With servers you had a central discord for each server, which open tags would run on, allowing even non-guilded people to learn the game and participate.

It is quite ironic that in the absolute glory days of WvW when the population was much larger... Discord didnt exist and guilds ran their own TS/Mumble/etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1