Why so much hurry in nerfing new weapon proficiency builds?

I remember when HoT and PoF were released the devs let stay the overpowered new builds for MONTHS. People would complain and they made deaf ears.

Now with the new weapon proficiency builds i literally didnt have the chance to "enjoy" the overpowered new ones! I was just crafting a viper axe to try the new fancy condi deadeye I saw in snowcrows and boom! Barely 2-3 weeks after the release and a BIG NERF!

Anet always ruining the fun... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Because they did something bad at HoT/PoF era doesn't mean they can't improve.

Those weapons are supposed to bring more diverse options, not more overpowered options.

It's good they are more reactive on that.

I wouldnt call it improve when they make willbender even more opressive when it needed a nerf.

• Like 6
  • Confused 10

24 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

Now with the new weapon proficiency builds i literally didnt have the chance to "enjoy" the overpowered new ones! I was just crafting a viper axe to try the new fancy condi deadeye I saw in snowcrows and boom! Barely 2-3 weeks after the release and a BIG NERF!

I love how I knew it's a complaint that something broken got nerfed even before reading this.

In short: New weapon OP, got nerfed to sane levels.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

I love how I knew it's a complaint that something broken got nerfed even before reading this.

In short: New weapon OP, got nerfed to sane levels.

To so much sane levels that isnt even in the list lol

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

To so much sane levels that isnt even in the list lol

I mean, it got nerfed, but it's still present on SC's site under Legacy, they moved it because of the changes, you can still find it, check the rotation, even the video is still available, the biggest difference will be that it's not stupid OP anymore. Which is good, the game's already powercrept enough.

1 hour ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

What list?

SnowCrows, they list builds for Raids/Strikes, they moved the Condi Deadeye build from their "Featured" list to "Legacy" due to the changes to Axe. Legacy doesn't necessearily mean "not working" since builds like Alacren are on the Legacy list and they still work, they're just outdated. Power Mech and Alacmech are also Legacy despite being working builds, just like before.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I remember when HoT and PoF were released the devs let stay the overpowered new builds for MONTHS. People would complain and they made deaf ears.

Anet always ruining the fun... 

So new expansion builds are not the best of the best?

I like that. I dislike when GW2 makes the newest expansion builds the best of the world, and if you don't your screwed. It doesn't make PvP fun, instead everyone chasing the new expansion builds and its less PvP and balance, and now do you have the expansion only those builds are the best. I disliked that and I think that hurt PvP a lot.

A lot of people forget, this game was #esports 2012-2014.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/24/2024 at 10:05 AM, Axelteas.7192 said:

I wouldnt call it improve when they make willbender even more opressive when it needed a nerf.

willbender isn't a new weapon, it's an elite spec.

Edited by vrauns.3215
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:39 PM, Axelteas.7192 said:

Anet always ruining the fun

It whys it fun? The playstyles the same, nothing changed in regards to anything you actually interact with, unless it’s nerfed to a point it’s uncompetitive and players won’t take it into groups, it rly doesn’t have any effect

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puck.3697 said:

It whys it fun? The playstyles the same, nothing changed in regards to anything you actually interact with, unless it’s nerfed to a point it’s uncompetitive and players won’t take it into groups, it rly doesn’t have any effect

I keep forgetting “fun” means “muh power fantasy that is fragile because real life”.  Games can’t be fun unless it makes one forget a sense of insecurity. 

Feels like this gets worse every year. Instead of an easy challenge to beat, it can’t pose any risk of suboptimal lest it be the same as hostile game design. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, starlinvf.1358 said:

I keep forgetting “fun” means “muh power fantasy that is fragile because real life”.  Games can’t be fun unless it makes one forget a sense of insecurity. 

Feels like this gets worse every year. Instead of an easy challenge to beat, it can’t pose any risk of suboptimal lest it be the same as hostile game design. 

People want to play their isekai protagonist power fantasy where they got reborn in a different world with ultra op powers. 

Why kill the big dragon with your Axe and skill when you can just one shot it while getting all the girls in a 100 mile radius? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

People want to play their isekai protagonist power fantasy where they got reborn in a different world with ultra op powers. 

Why kill the big dragon with your Axe and skill when you can just one shot it while getting all the girls in a 100 mile radius? 

Km's is more accurate though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

he said 100 miles radius. km's = kilo meters. More accurate measurement unit

How is km more accurate? Unless you mean without using decimals?

Edit: I ask because game units are in inches, so less conversion to feet and miles than meters and kilometers.

Edited by Gaiawolf.8261

2 hours ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

How is km more accurate? Unless you mean without using decimals?

Edit: I ask because game units are in inches, so less conversion to feet and miles than meters and kilometers.

Talking about with decimals.

But, it was meant as joke. Explaining it now twice, the joke is ruined 😅

7 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Talking about with decimals.

But, it was meant as joke. Explaining it now twice, the joke is ruined 😅

Oops, sorry. I was wondering as much. 😄 I probably could have gone further back up the thread to get it.

• Haha 1