is cerus cm possible? [Merged]

thats it lol, is it possible? the dps check seems impossible to reach
edit: after the bug fixed, yes, still impossible xd, just  remove hp or increase time already
edit2: well it is *maybe* possible by having all virts, boss is def getting nerfed (along with virts, noooooooooo)
edit3: prepare ur virts, we hopping into cm cm cerus, its now official o7
edit4: CONGRATS SC ON THE WORLD FIRST!!!!!

Edited by Assolador.3598
fix gaeem pls ant
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

It definitely seems off.

The additional mechanics feel nice, but it has way too much HP and a way too tight timer. No guild that I know has cleared it yet, and it feels like there's very little room for improvement once you get used to each mechanic.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

It's probably not viable atm until it either changes HP or we get to know it changes phase with a timer reset at around 30%. Confused reacts and sarcastic replies either don't realize what the dps check actually is or didn't even try the encounter to begin with.

The mechanics are fine but it has more than 4x Dhuum CM HP as a reference - demanding up to 33k+ full dps uptime or roughly 300k total group dps to complete. The normal mode Cerus has just few players with this much DPS listed in wingman. In other words what's limiting completion at the moment is either a completely unseen mechanic that no one has noticed at all (which would be fun I guess? But unfortunately not likely), or the boss was simply not properly tested and is overtuned on purpose so they can put it down a week later after putting everyone on the hype train.

Keep in mind also that even if they reduce the HP by 30%, the encounter as a whole continues the trend of Virtuoso or kick squads where you're simply trolling if you're not using a high cleave, high invulnerability uptime, high ranged dps spec (of which we have exactly one and that is Virtuoso). I leave it up to anyone else to think whether or not this is OK.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

This was the reaction with htcm. Took 6 days for the first successful clear by snowcrows, so we'll probably know within a week 👍

Not really sure it's the same case though. HTCM had a lot of new 1-shot mechanics that needed a lot of coordination with the team. DPS check was tight, but it always felt like it was possible and you'd made progress on every run, and on each phase you'd see new mechanics that you have to deal with or you get wiped.

Febe CM on the other hand has a few interesting mechanics that empower the boss, but once you get the hang of it you still wipe because of the DPS check. There's very little room for improvement as it stands now, other than tweaking with some builds.

The encounter is simple mechanics-wise, but the timer and the boss HP really feels off.

• Like 13

• ArenaNet Staff

There is a currently a bug that causes Cerus to gain more max health at the end of the 80% split phase, and we're working on getting a fix to you as soon as we can. We'll be increasing Cerus' total health at the same time to preserve encounter balance and will continue keeping an eye on this encounter to see if other adjustments are needed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 4

On 2/28/2024 at 12:10 AM, Dibit.6259 said:

This was the reaction with htcm. Took 6 days for the first successful clear by snowcrows, so we'll probably know within a week 👍

It's not the same. Nobody ever thought htcm was impossible cause of the dps check. The reason ht was "unbeatable" at the start was cause Zhaitan fear was bugged for the first 2 days, and after that it was just that the mechanics made it very easy to wipe, people just needed to get used to it and get a clean run. This is completely different, Cerus just has too much health, it's not even about the mechanics.

Edited by Jokuc.3478
  • Like 11
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

There is a currently a bug that causes Cerus to gain more max health at the end of the 80% split phase, and we're working on getting a fix to you as soon as we can. We'll be increasing Cerus' total health at the same time to preserve encounter balance and will continue keeping an eye on this encounter to see if other adjustments are needed. 

I hope you won't balance it around everyone playing virtuosos. Because that seems to be what every strike since EoD has been designed around. The melee hate is insane.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

It still shouldn't have more than 3 times Dagda CM's health when the timer for both remains only 10 minutes. Dagda was considered a "dps check" already since she was considered a health sponge and you just increased that dps check for a fight that has even more split phases and forced movement.

• Like 19
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, cat.8975 said:

Haven't we been delaying strike CMs specifically so they could be polished and in a balanced & playable state on release? How was this missed?

GW2 does not have a public test realm. It's safe to consider the first month or so of any GW2 release as the public test. Pop over to the bug section of the form and you will see that there are many active issues being worked on from this release.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cat.8975 said:

Haven't we been delaying strike CMs specifically so they could be polished and in a balanced & playable state on release? How was this missed?

11 minutes ago, Entara.3075 said:

GW2 does not have a public test realm. It's safe to consider the first month or so of any GW2 release as the public test. Pop over to the bug section of the form and you will see that there are many active issues being worked on from this release.

Considering this content was more then likely finished  6-8 months ago and they been working on other stuff to keep the content coming ever 3 months or so how should they know it was not tested enough?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

that sounds like an unintentional mechanic, not a bug

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

I'll just add my 2cents here and mention that Harvest Temple is a much more dynamic encounter than Febe. which is just another glorified dps sponge with rng on which mechanics become problematic.
HTCM is never going to wipe your group because "oh this RNG sucked" while Febe will, as soon as you get a bad split phase.

that said, agreed. the general vocal playerbase's yapping levels as soon as something is mildly difficult are usually like that.

but as Rubi mentioned, the encounter is currently not balanced properly so there's that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Having spent a few hours on this fight last night and getting to 51% with a couple of minutes left on the enrage timer left, I am very confused why there are thoughts about increasing the total health in addition to fixing the bug.

Even keeping up with the enrage requirements above 80% is pretty challenging and encourages the group to stack Virtuosos (really, please start balancing DPS, support and healers based on what they do in actual fights rather than golem numbers...) and run heal Scourge for portals. Upping the health considerably is only going to force that requirement even harder, making the fight very much about the composition you bring, rather than the mechanics you execute.

• Like 11

I can hardly believe I am saying this but this fight is even worse than Dagda CM and that fight stood as one of the worst and laziest fights in all of gw2. At least Dadga CM has something different to it while Cerus CM is literally normal mode but with all mechanics spammed and overlapped. With the current HP pool/bug there is no way you could finish the fight in time. This is a very different situation compared to HTcm and the only things that both have in common are bugs. At this point I can only conclude this fight was rushed, not extensively tested and not put any effort into similarly to Dagda even though we waited like 6 months for it. What a time to be a gw2 player.

• Like 12
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

so it really is a typo? nice ty for adressing it

7 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

While I'm happy that you're willing to provide a challenge and a tight DPS-check, please reconsider buffing the total HP of Cerus if you do not make any other changes alongside it. The fight as it is already heavily promotes the use of mobile ranged builds with long-range cleave (and we all know there is only one build that does all of this and is *good* at doing so; Condi Virtuoso) and while I'm sure it is possible to play other builds just fine on the encounter, the requirement is going to be much higher. Please consider things such as lowering Cerus' armor (like in HTCM), giving the Malicious Shadows the Qadim The Peerless treatment (give them a breakbar and make it so they take excessive damage from the puddles we can drop so CCing them inside puddles and watching them wither away is a solid strategy) and similar to even out the playing field.

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello, are you aware that the encounter once again heavily promotes ranged builds with long range cleave, which narrows down to one build: Condi Virt. There are other DPS builds in the game, could you guys reconsider your encounter design?!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ZenDrake.8316 said:

Hello, are you aware that the encounter once again heavily promotes ranged builds with long range cleave, which narrows down to one build: Condi Virt. There are other DPS builds in the game, could you guys reconsider your encounter design?!

There used to be a really good (and very easy/accessible) riflemech but some weren't happy peepos could easily do dps and at ranged (the outcry was horrendous to me because I actually enjoyed the easy pugging that came with it during that time) so the build got balanced/nerfed/destroyed over time. What I'm getting at: those types of builds were not wanted neither by anet nor some (maybe even most?) of the community, what I can't wrap my head around is why "builddesigners" apparently don't talk to "encounterdesigners".

• Like 3