DEFEND an objective?

9 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

what exactly counts as defence i have been defending for an hour here, i rebuilt walls, i attacked enemy attacking our castle. nothing.

Short answer is different players have seen different results. When I tested it seemed to be kill a player that was tagged as an attacker meaning they were active in breaking in, killing or had enough WxP built up that they were worth taking down. Based on various posts, that might vary.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

Anet doesn't want you to defend. They want you to join the blob and overwhelm smaller groups.  

Well then be strong willed and determined (stubborn kittens) and do it anyways. 

40 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Well then be strong willed and determined (stubborn kittens) and do it anyways. 

Sometimes you can feel your pugs lowkey dismantling a composition and the other side doesn't know yet that they're close to getting reversed farmed in a minute. But even if it's obviously going to be a loss of a tower or whatever, you can use it to hold aggro while you catch a few bodies before they poor in.

22 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Sometimes you can feel your pugs lowkey dismantling a composition and the other side doesn't know yet that they're close to getting reversed farmed in a minute. But even if it's obviously going to be a loss of a tower or whatever, you can use it to hold aggro while you catch a few bodies before they poor in.

🙂 Moral and momentum. Both are big factors that players may not notice even if they react to them. 

6 hours ago, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

Anet doesn't want you to defend. They want you to join the blob and overwhelm smaller groups.  

What's sad is that you're right. The devs seem to find "unfun" that it might take some time and efforts to take over an objective.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/1/2024 at 7:14 PM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

what exactly counts as defence i have been defending for an hour here, i rebuilt walls, i attacked enemy attacking our castle. nothing.

Based on my own personal experiences, 1 of 2 things usually counts towards Objective Defender: Kill a player who was actively using the siege that opened the gate/wall, or kill a player who has attacked/killed one of the npcs in the objective.  So when you've got a blob of players pushing through the walls or fighting near the lord, it's pretty much a crapshoot as to whether or not you'll get credit.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:14 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

You must do significant damage to kill the attacker when the "your objective is under attack timer is in effect" 

You can also defend by trebbing, for instance: from the red keep to ogrewatch's gate
Criteria: 1) when enemy is attacking it,  you have to hit the enemy with the treb (or any siege) 2) your ground force must kill one of those enemies you hit with the siege.  

therefore i suggest, if you are playing this alone,  you must hit enemy with siege when ever you can while having a zerg running around and hope they kill the enemies and you can get the defenders credit.

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

What's sad is that you're right. The devs seem to find "unfun" that it might take some time and efforts to take over an objective.

Dadnir, lol, why you got a confused emoji....?

We have differences server to server. I think we have even more differences region by region and then even more server by server and I think EU has it even rougher with various langs. It's ok to drop a confused emoji, but more helpful to share the extra details of the why. FW2 is about banter, fun, shared experiences and trying (or not for some) of what are you are seeing. Share the details confused one.

• Confused 1

Event credit is all kinds of bonkers. Defend a tower from 20+, get silver. Take a tower from that same 20+, get silver. Take another tower full pvd, silver again. Seems totally random whether you get credit and how much you get.

On 4/2/2024 at 1:14 AM, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

Building walls no longer counts towards participation towards your timer. I suspect that this also applies to credit towards the defensive rewards.

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Dadnir, lol, why you got a confused emoji....?

I don't know, not like I really care anyway 😅. Maybe someone that don't agree with what I wrote. Maybe the fact that my first toon was a mesmer grant me a bonus to confusion on the forum.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I don't know, not like I really care anyway 😅. Maybe someone that don't agree with what I wrote. Maybe the fact that my first toon was a mesmer grant me a bonus to confusion on the forum.

Using confused emotes is just what people do when they know they are incapable of formulating an actual thread reply. It’s just the forum eqvivalent of putting crayons up your nose, don’t worry about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

An enemy player needs to trigger the defense Event. 

Any enemy player that actively participates in that event and gets killed will give credit for that event. 

A player just being near or even inside the attacked building does not count. As that player is not part of the event. 

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

A player just being near or even inside the attacked building does not count. As that player is not part of the event. 

Still doubt that unless someone can repeatedly test and prove it. Worst case it probably works just like dollys - staying within range for just a couple of seconds is enough to “participate” and technically complete the event, but you don’t even get bronze for it. Being within a defense event for a couple of seconds probably also count you as being part of it and thus a target.

11 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Still doubt that unless someone can repeatedly test and prove it. Worst case it probably works just like dollys - staying within range for just a couple of seconds is enough to “participate” and technically complete the event, but you don’t even get bronze for it. Being within a defense event for a couple of seconds probably also count you as being part of it and thus a target.

I guess part of why it's so ambitious these days is because of the buff to healing/boons in terms of shared participation. 

Because if this works like it does in PvE these days... I can buff+heal someone at one event, he then goes to the other side of the map and finish another event I didn't even knew happened and I get credit. 

I had that happen in convergence alot. I'm north west on Qheal Zerker and someone I was healing decides to go north east and I get kill credit for the champs there. Even so I never touched them. 

Could be that a person spamming heals/boons on someone who IS attacking could do something now. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Confused 1