The road to Heitor v The fangs that gnash Metas

Could something be done about the fact that (well it seems to be the case on EU servers) people are favouring The fangs tht gnash meta over the Road to Heitor Meta?

On three occasions today I've seen the Fangs that Gnash progress to the Wyvern fight whilst the Road to Heitor has been on the lighting the Northern beacon stage. This has  then failed due to the larger number of players being at the Wyvern.

I appreciate the Wyvern fight is the newer of the two and obviously there are a lot of players approaching that for the first time., but if my experiences today is anything to go by it isn't boding well for the Heitor meta.

Perhaps there is solution? Similar to the two Light of Deldrimor pieces from Thunderhead Peaks, which are combined and allow players to open a chest with better loot, perhap key pieces could be placed into both Meta chests in Nayos. Having both and combining them could open a chest on the map with a chance of a better reward.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Andy.5981 said:

On three occasions today I've seen the Fangs that Gnash progress to the Wyvern fight whilst the Road to Heitor has been on the lighting the Northern beacon stage. This has  then failed due to the larger number of players being at the Wyvern.

i havent done the event much since the 2nd part of nayos opened, does the northern beacon scale with people on the entire map?
if it only scales with people on the eastern part of the map, it should be doable with few.

thunderhead peaks also has the advantage that the metas are on a timer and do not occur at the same time.

when the last part of the map is released,  it might make sense to do heitor meta to unlock the fangs that gnash to then progress the map to the 3rd meta -> new map.

That is a fantastic idea. Perhaps the chest would be after the 3rd meta when it is released, and it could reward something other than the usual stuff. Perhaps a rare chance at an infusion. Or even AMNYTAS currency because its so scarce in that map. Lol. 

This would make it so if you did both the first and second meta, the third meta would be giga rewarding! I like it. UPVOTE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like the wall on the branch (leading from the Heitor fight to the 2nd waypoint) to actually collapse after defeating Heitor. (This could be a new event where an NPC leads an artillery barrage.) It would make the map feel better, like you're actually progressing from zone to zone through the meta. I know it's not needed, but it would make the zone feel more natural.

• Like 1

Or they could just put pauses on both metas if certain conditions are met.  That is the east meta would pause at lighting beacons if the west meta was moving to the boss, and the west meta would pause after information collected if lighting beacons was active.  The notice would change to NPC XYZ is waiting at location 123 while NPC ABC leads the assault on loation 456.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

i havent done the event much since the 2nd part of nayos opened, does the northern beacon scale with people on the entire map?
if it only scales with people on the eastern part of the map, it should be doable with few.

thunderhead peaks also has the advantage that the metas are on a timer and do not occur at the same time.

when the last part of the map is released,  it might make sense to do heitor meta to unlock the fangs that gnash to then progress the map to the 3rd meta -> new map.

Yes it should be dooable with a few. On the three instances I mentioned in my original post I saw one other player trying to light the Northern Beacon on one occassion, they gave up after handing in 1 item. On the other two occassions I was the only one taking part. Two of these instances were during the afternoon UK time and one was around 8pm UK time, so it wasn't the wee small hours. There were people on the maps but they were doing the other meta which was successful.

Scaling with one player is still quite bad.

Totally agree about Thunderhead peaks, as with Nayos it has two Metas but both occur at different times unlike Nayos so doesnt have any issues with conflicting events.

10 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

I'd like the wall on the branch (leading from the Heitor fight to the 2nd waypoint) to actually collapse after defeating Heitor. (This could be a new event where an NPC leads an artillery barrage.) It would make the map feel better, like you're actually progressing from zone to zone through the meta. I know it's not needed, but it would make the zone feel more natural.

Yes that was an odd move, and I was expecting this to happen as part of the storyline or directly after Heitor was taken down. Possibly a piece of the plot cut due to time constraints?

10 hours ago, Erich.1783 said:

Or they could just put pauses on both metas if certain conditions are met.  That is the east meta would pause at lighting beacons if the west meta was moving to the boss, and the west meta would pause after information collected if lighting beacons was active.  The notice would change to NPC XYZ is waiting at location 123 while NPC ABC leads the assault on loation 456.

Could be a possibility, having the pre-meta events progress to a certain point and both having to be completed before the metas start properly, giving the players the choice opf which ones to do.

It will be interesting to see how they work in the final area of Nayos, clearly we're going to be attacking Eparch in his Citadel. If this is another Meta, what happens to the Road to Heitor and the Fangs that Gnash? Do they both get abandoned in favour of the newer event? I hope they can come up with a solution that causes players to spread out and do all of the metas.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Sad 1

My experience on NA has been different. I stopped doing Heitor long ago, but still do Knaebelag daily. I frequently see them both running at the same time, often with ppls calling out progress in map so ppls can get to both if they so choose, so I haven't seen any issues with either progressing. Now if they could just do something about that Repeat Defanger bug . . .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have mixed feelings about the two metas.  Heitor is much faster once the boss starts, and even overall, but the beacons part is annoyingly tedious and if done right doesn't even offer any combat for xp, weapon use achieves, or loot.  Clearing the gate area is also tedious.  Knaebelag has more variety and rewards along the way, but the minibosses on the ledges are also a grind to get through.  I've tried soloing the beacon lighting in order to then tell others the bad part's done, come help.  Sadly, the minibeacon goes out fairly easily so it takes enough time to light it and return for flame that the event runs out of time.

I just want my Clots, so whichever is closer to finishing is the one I'll go to.  Right now I will probably push for Knaebelag next to get that part of the April Fools achieve done, and that might be why Heitor's seeing less people engaged with it at the moment, they're also preferring the west meta for a small extra thing to progress (it only gets you another of the tonics, but it's *something*).

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

I've tried soloing the beacon lighting in order to then tell others the bad part's done, come help.  Sadly, the minibeacon goes out fairly easily so it takes enough time to light it and return for flame that the event runs out of time.

you do not need to light the minibeacons, they are just to help people reach the northern one if they are too slow.
after reaching north beacon once you can

• use the Prototype Position Rewinder to mark your location up there
  • use griffon (should be faster than skyscale) to ride the ley-line back 
  • grab the flame
  • Rewind back to the north beacon.

that way you get another charge up there every 30-35 seconds.
the most i was able to get up there was 9 before the event completed from other people also doing it, so not entirely sure if the time is enough to do it solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/3/2024 at 4:37 AM, Andy.5981 said:

Perhaps there is solution? Similar to the two Light of Deldrimor pieces from Thunderhead Peaks, which are combined and allow players to open a chest with better loot, perhap key pieces could be placed into both Meta chests in Nayos.

I like this idea. Maybe they can add the "super chest" in the fortress (assuming that's where we're going next). 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:55 AM, bq pd.2148 said:

I'm kinda torn about this kind of design. This is also what Drizzlewood essentially did. Problem is, to complete the whole meta is long and requires a lot of sitdown time.

Honestly, I prefer to start the meta whenever you want design that is currently in Inner Nayos, rather than a fixed timer (Skywatch, Amyntas, etc.). Inner Nayos reminds me a bit of how local area core map metas would happen, and it's kind of refreshing since the devs have seemed to heavily favor the "world boss" timed meta event design in recent expansions. This makes it so that multiple maps may be doing multiple parts of the meta and so as a player you can just choose which meta event you want to do. With the above suggestion of "key pieces" it also makes it so people can choose to do meta A, B, or C at their leisure, but are encouraged to participate in them all to build the final key for the bonus loot chest. Resembling something close to Grothmar Valley's meta event and the keys to open the Vault of the Khan-Ur.

Edited by firedragon.8953
  • Like 2

I appreciate the current style of "start it whenever you want" metas. No set timer, no big meta before the one you want: I'm all for it.

As much "fun" as Drizzlewood was, it took for ages. I simply don't have the time - at least not planable.

I say keep it that way, thus you can always put nayos metas inbetween waiting times:

Amnytas, TD and all pre-DS shrooms, Skywatch and then Nayos, that's my daily schedule - and it's like a clockwork

• Like 2