Nerf Support Chrono

Sounds like a hater of chrono. I am personally concerned with over nerfing mesmers.Over the years for a while they were an outlier but then got repeatedly nerfed because of pve/PVP and  heavily with impunity and i don't want mesmer mains to quit the game. Now if t here is a problem, maybe the solution is to buff their counters such as thief.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

maybe the solution is to buff their counters such as thief.

psssst!   you cant say that here!

i had the same idea, on how to deal with warrior....  but if you even remotely put   "buffing" and "thief" into the same sentence, without connecting them with "should never happen" your gonna harvest salt.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sahne.6950 said:

i had the same idea, on how to deal with warrior....  but if you even remotely put   "buffing" and "thief" into the same sentence, without connecting them with "should never happen" your gonna harvest salt.

Let the salt rain then for haters then, its about time they fix problem not by destroying a class then having that class either go uncontested OR something else goes uncontested because that class is missing.

Its sorta like this:

Thief>ele/necro/mesmer Don't  know for sure what counters thief maybe ranger? or warr?

Ranger>Necros don't know what else don't know what counters rangers maybe warr?

Necro:Used to counter heavy boon classes such as warr guardian and revenant but now boon corrupt got deleted so we got boon meta.

Ele:Since ele can do sidenoding i imagine they mostlikely do good versus rangers maybe revenants? They became solid roamers.

These kind of things need to re reinstated again where certain things get countered by certain things.

Maybe we just need to go back to having specific classes for SPVP balanced around or something i'm not sure i miss seeing thieves roaming around jumping around with staff smacking people and eles with hammer cata roaming and doing thier proc thing, and mesmer chronos with teles. Maybe the problem is stuff just keeps getting overnerfed that it ends up creating more unbalance.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

i don't know how anyone can think chaos aura giving perma weak from infinite range is a good idea
same for frost aura's chill too

at least it's not as bad in pvp as wvw lol

Just rework signet of illusions so that it doesn't fully restore distortion, I've been saying that for ages, I promise. That skill is the core enabler of every single degenerate mesmer build.

Support mesmers are able to chain shield4 => sword 2 => shield 4 => f3 rupt (+ healing\cleanse from trait) => distortion (+ stab and healing\cleanse from trait) => more shatter spam for healing\cleanse => SIGNET OF ILLUSIONS => f3 (+ healing\cleanse from trait) => distortion (+ stab and healing\cleanse from trait) => more shatter spam for healing\cleanse => another sword 2

You rework signet of illusions, you remove some 2k healing, 2 cleanse, 1 stab and 1 invuln from that chain. Now focused bursts can actually kill them in reasonable time. Without the cleanse\invuln, condi bombs can actually punish them. Ok, they still have feedback superspeed + blink + resustain, but they're not going to be as immortal as they currently are.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

@Axl.8924 it used to be something like this:

Thief>Warr

Mes>Warr

Ranger>Warr

Thief>Mes

Ranger=Thief (since both can counterplay each other)

Ranger>Necro

Warr>Necro

Engi>Thief

Warr>Engi

Necro>Guardian

Guardian=Warr (both can counterplay each other specialy since Guardian got blinds and warr got boon rupt)

But yea that would be the old list cause Rev is Missing xd. (And i also have no real about ele tho)

Also it highly depends on the Builds you Play cause some outlier Builds are specialy good against their normal counter Part xd

56 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Axl.8924 it used to be something like this:

Thief>Warr

Mes>Warr

Ranger>Warr

Thief>Mes

Ranger=Thief (since both can counterplay each other)

Ranger>Necro

Warr>Necro

Engi>Thief

Warr>Engi

Necro>Guardian

Guardian=Warr (both can counterplay each other specialy since Guardian got blinds and warr got boon rupt)

But yea that would be the old list cause Rev is Missing xd. (And i also have no real about ele tho)

Also it highly depends on the Builds you Play cause some outlier Builds are specialy good against their normal counter Part xd

Right now, it's more like this:

Staff breacker War > Everything.

Ranger > Everything.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

And i also have no real about ele

Ele counters: All derivates of LB Ranger, d/p thief, and a few more builds that have completly disappeared like Renegade, Herald, Harbinger, and rifle mech

Ele struggles with: Mesmer, CondiReaper, Spellbreaker, MaceDaze Untamed,  and to some extent Deadeye (unless you are tempest)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Ppl are saying LR cata can beat staff war, i'm not even sure if it's LR, maybe a regular power cata build with the new buffed arcane skill (2 charges 9k crits) sword dagger.

2 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

Ppl are saying LR cata can beat staff war, i'm not even sure if it's LR, maybe a regular power cata build with the new buffed arcane skill (2 charges 9k crits) sword dagger.

"Can beat"  VS "How likely the average cata will beat the average staff warrior" are two very different things. Exactly the same when hammer cata was meta, sure.. if you were P1+ at it, otherwise a burden to your team.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

"Can beat"  VS "How likely the average cata will beat the average staff warrior" are two very different things. Exactly the same when hammer cata was meta, sure.. if you were P1+ at it, otherwise a burden to your team.

Sure, those 2 builds 1v1 when both are 1450- warrior is prolly winning 10/10

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

My favorite part about this is that a nerf chrono post turned into a nerf ranger post

If they somehow nerf support chrono, please leave power chrono alone

Indeed, because power chrono is fine imo, shouldn't get nerfed indirectly

1 hour ago, MilkyTea.9042 said:

Support chrono needs another surgical maneuver of nerfage.

PLEASE SIGNET OF ILLUSIONS I BEG YOU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE JUST NERF THAT kittenING SKILL ALREADY SO IT DOESN'T REFUND DISTORTION I PROMISE I'LL SEND PIZZA IF THEY DO

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2