Jade Tech Offensive & Defensive Overcharge Timers Incorrect & Excessive [Merged]

Ok so i read the announcements this morning bout the new game update and i must say i was surprised about the changes made on the jade defensive and offensive overcharges. As a somewhat solo type of player at the moment , i loved the full buffs you get from the overcharges and it didnt make me choose between some traitlines to get 1 or 2 buffs myself. And as soon as you were ooc you get them back when going into attack phase again,  so why the .... did you guys change that mechanic to 90 secs cooldown ? I mean from 30 to 90 secs is an increase of 200 % !!!!

I tried it out and as i feared , its COMPLETELY DEAD !!! hardly any use for the overcharges anymore cause the cooldown is absurd. 

So as a player from the start in 2012 i would like to ask you devs to reconcider this breaking of a fun and usefull mechanic and take it back to how it originally was. 

The next thing is not a threat cause that sounds so stupid, but it really makes me loose the interest of playing , cause it kills my way of playing this game completely.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

Game is unplayable now....
Me as a solo player as well, ever used this only in dragons end meta.
By this change you just get less boons which you most probably can already apply by yourself. I dont know why it was nerfed but it barely affect the gameplay.

If having 30s of boons every 90s instead of 30s makes you not interested in playing the game then it is not really the fault of those changes.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Ray Stonecrusher.6427 said:

I mean from 30 to 90 secs is an increase of 200 % !!!!

i am pretty sure it didnt have any cooldown for me, regardless of patchnotes mentioning 30s. for example you could eat the toxic bacon in AB and it would spamm those boons on you every second and the alacrity from it would be enough to not need the adrenal shroom, that doesnt work anymore.

i liked it for map exploration as i would just kill everything in sight and that way stack up quickness to harvest nodes on the way faster without needing to build for quickness myself.

• Like 4

I have alot of Characters and I've put Jade bot's on all of them just for the protocols.  After playing last night doing my dailies, which usually for me is an enjoyable experience - it wasn't.  I feel less powerful.  I have full lego accessories/armor and most weapons so that alone should make me stronger than most, BUT it turns out it was the protocols that really made me feel good.  There's a saying, and it really rings true here, "You can add to, but not take away."  This was a HORRIBLE MISTAKE.  Do your dev's even play the game?  I have to wonder if they do, because this decision is absolutely ridiculous. 

Is there going to be refunds for all players that grinded to get jade bots?  Hell, I don't even want EoD anymore.  This change was stupid.  I'd like it rolled back, and an apology.

ROLL THE CHANGE BACK.

NOW, if you want to REALLY do some "QOL" changes, make the JADE PROTOCOL buffs not fall off in our VERY OWN home instance and sanctuary zones (Why can't we mount in our homes?).  Also, they shouldn't fall off on DEAD content.  Very few people do Dungeons so having those buffs would help.   THE only parts of this game where Jade Protocol's shouldn't be allowed is WVW and PVP.  THAT'S IT.  Raids, Fractals, Dungeons, Home Instance's, and Sanctuary Zones should all allow them. 

Edited by NukkinFutz.8645
Real QOL changes
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, hash.8462 said:

I think there was a bug since the introduction of these boosts when you had both offensive and defensive overloads, in this case there was no cooldown, in fact if only one of the two was active there was a 30 second cooldown.
With this patch it seems they have fixed that bug and further aggravated the cooldown to 90 seconds (I also think it is excessive).

That’s my understanding too, but why they a) thought anyone using protocols was actually running round with just one, and b) decided to increase a cooldown that hasn’t been in effect for 99.9% of players due to the aforementioned bug is beyond me.

Something ANet should really have learned from the Candy Corn Gobbler fiasco is that if you leave a beneficial bug in the game long enough, it becomes a feature, and players don’t like you removing features.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Yeah I really hope they take the Candy Corn Gobbler approach to this and understand it was in fact a feature.

It hasn't broken the game, it wasn't be abused, and it's only for open world.... Seems like a no brainer to just enable it as it was again. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

The Jade buffs were a welcome and popular addition for open world players that made combat more fun and reduced grinds.  Open world balance cannot and should not be measured in the same light as competitive and instanced modes where the buffs are not allowed anyway.  For casual players, esp solo players the buffs were a nice optional boost for players of any skill and disabilities.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

This feels awful and much less fun.  Please roll this back.  Being able to keep the buffs for more than 2 hours is nice, being able to load them faster is also great but this timeout makes open world MUCH less fun.  Please roll this back.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

They were such a pain to stack up before I never bothered with them.

Without Jade Protocols, most open-world solo builds can

• burst a group of enemies down in ~5 seconds, making the defensive boons nearly worthless
  • have maybe 20s-30s cooldown between groups without Alacrity
  • maintain several of those boons somewhere between 25%-100% (each) with zero boon duration
  • vs Champions have traits for sustain/defense but use full DPS equipment so no need to swap anything except maybe 1-2 traits (or 1 traitline)

In Zergs it's irrelevant because you have 100% uptime on everything anyways

The +150 stats is the biggest bonus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

For those that are replying "this is an MMO, we should get ALL our boons from support players in the open-world", well, that's a nice sentiment, too bad it doesn't hold up in practice.

I've been playing since launch, and at no point other than now, has there ever been a greater consistency of players refusing to join squads to help with dedicated boons. It's quite common to see nearly half the squad camping over the meta play-field on-top of their Skyscales while players are down below trying to get things done. This is where the jade bots pulled their weight and did so in a way that never broke the game.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Thayon.2107 said:

For those that are replying "this is an MMO, we should get ALL our boons from support players in the open-world", well, that's a nice sentiment, too bad it doesn't hold up in practice.

I've been playing since launch, and at no point other than now, has there ever been a greater consistency of players refusing to join squads to help with dedicated boons. It's quite common to see nearly half the squad camping over the meta play-field on-top of their Skyscales while players are down below trying to get things done. This is where the jade bots pulled their weight and did so in a way that never broke the game.

That's the thing.. it didn't break a kitten thing! 

Even if you stacked boons to a max of 30 seconds, it's not like it'll do anything apart from let you do more dps while taking less.. FOR 30 SECONDS.
It doesn't make you suddenly drop infusions, or bypass complex acheivements or win stupid high value prizes.

It just made the game a LOT nicer for a little cost of going over to a battery/thing once in a while and pressing F.

Now it's a lottery as to when you'll get it due to timings and going in/out of combat, and slows you down. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Agreed Deadringer.  In their original incarnation, the Jade buffs weren't so powerful that it ever invalidated the need for boon players to be present. It never came close.  For instance, if you are fighting a single-target Champion or Legendary grade enemy, the boons that were applied at the start of the fight would eventually expire in under 10 seconds. If you still wanted access to Quickness, Alac, or whatever, that's where you relied on your squad-mates to pull through for 97% of the remaining fight.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

You'd think the sky was falling.

#1: The ICD being at 0 seconds was a bug. Not to mention it DID break things, especially event specific channeled skills where the jade bot would trigger, stopping the skill.

#2: The boons are not the strong part of the buff., the passive stats are. Having an easy 3 hours of it is nice. Any good open world build will have uptimes on the boons they need, especially the ones capable of soloing Legendary Bounties and T3 rifts. If you needed the boons just to kill a couple of trash mobs I'm not sure what to say.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Well, the passive stat bonus (as generous as they are) wasn't necessarily the thing that made playing open world a little more tolerable and engaging.  It was the boons being granted during the combat opener. 

I've actually never encountered the bug you mentioned either -  Not in a single time since Jade bots have been implemented. What class was that  present on? 

90 seconds is far too excessive of a cool down. I would recommend no more than 15 to 20. 

• Like 6

Well, I'm a fairly new player.  1 year and 3 months played.  I've played with Jade Protocols ever since I discovered them early on.  This is a BS decision.  If it was broke, they should've FIXED it A LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

Edited by NukkinFutz.8645
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, NukkinFutz.8645 said:

I have alot of Characters and I've put Jade bot's on all of them just for the protocols.  After playing last night doing my dailies, which usually for me is an enjoyable experience - it wasn't.  I feel less powerful.  I have full lego accessories/armor and most weapons so that alone should make me stronger than most, BUT it turns out it was the protocols that really made me feel good.  There's a saying, and it really rings true here, "You can add to, but not take away."  This was a HORRIBLE MISTAKE.  Do your dev's even play the game?  I have to wonder if they do, because this decision is absolutely ridiculous. 

Is there going to be refunds for all players that grinded to get jade bots?  Hell, I don't even want EoD anymore.  This change was stupid.  I'd like it rolled back, and an apology.

ROLL THE CHANGE BACK.

NOW, if you want to REALLY do some "QOL" changes, make the JADE PROTOCOL buffs not fall off in our VERY OWN home instance and sanctuary zones (Why can't we mount in our homes?).  Also, they shouldn't fall off on DEAD content.  Very few people do Dungeons so having those buffs would help.   THE only parts of this game where Jade Protocol's shouldn't be allowed is WVW and PVP.  THAT'S IT.  Raids, Fractals, Dungeons, Home Instance's, and Sanctuary Zones should all allow them. 

To be fair. If your Openworld build relied on these boons, it's not a good build to begin with. 

A good Openworld build will generate all the important boons by itself. 

But why think about build crafting when you just can go Unga bunga snowcrows builds with Perma Boons for free. Am I right? 😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 5