[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

WvW alliances. 

You should form 3 or 4 major teams, and force full populated teams to spread out between the 3 mega servers.

No more AG, WSR, UW, Etc...

3 to 5 mega teams.

Each player gets randomly transfered to a different mega team each week.

So no nore outnumbered. No more free loot for overpopulated. No more disadvantages. 

No tiers. No nothing.

All is fair and square.

No guilds. No teams.

Just 3-5 mega servers.

Randomly picked.

This is the only way to solve and fix WvW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Don't know if it's been asked for before, but a photo mode/screenshot mode would be great? Very hard to get good camera angles on to your character or characters around you. 

When I first heard about jade bots prior to EoD release I thought this would be a core feature jade bots would be centered around. We added jade bot terminals into towns but can't zoom camera in fully into first person through them. 

Even then, it would be nice to enable photo mode / screen shot mode in story instances or open world or places like the omphalos chamber. 

• Like 1

I would really like something like M.O.X. or the guild music selection system for WvW and PvP maps. New music is generally something that only PvE maps get to enjoy. If we could be allowed to unlock and use new music in the maps, it would freshen things up a little. Right now our only options are to use custom music via additional files or to play music through another program.

Preferably, I wish for players to be able to choose both ambient and battle music. The options should be set forever until the player goes back to select the default music. New music could be added every expansion/content patch, which could add goals for players to earn.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello,

longstory short, im playing GW1 and GW2 for a long lifetime.

Actually i try to do old Achievements of the Storychapters as far as possible solo. And thats the Point, if you get Bugs, Crashes, Fails or anything other that lets the Try failing, you have to watch all the Cinematics and Fights from before thousand times.

Im not a fan of doing it with Mates cuz of more failures, but atleast i want the Story of my Character done as far as possible solo. If the Achiv needs another Person ok, but if not i want soling it. Im not afraid of doing Content multiple times, just this prework everytime sucks and interrupts the workflow of myself while performing at high Concentration.

Is it somehow possible to implement such skips to the Achievment(fights), or atleast if you die on a try, respawn on the checkpoint and the Achievment is resettet? After such years it should be possible, other Devs are doing similar Mechanics too. Would be really nice to do some QoL Features that are nowadays standard.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

New players do get confused at the world bosses and their times on the event schedule...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers (me included).
It says Modnir Ulgoth Boss Event 23:30 and at 23:40 players are asking "where's the world boss" "I thought this was gonna be a world boss" and you have to explain like yeah there is pre-events you have to wait around for the boss...
Megadestroyer Boss Event Schedule is the same, it says a time but we all just stand around in the Maelstrom's waypoint area waiting for 10-15mins...

The Shatterer Boss Event Schedule is the same, it says a time but we all stand around for 10mins with a timer saying we got to lure Shatterer out?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
[WE KILLED IT IN 1 MINUTE AT 11:12 UTC+1 09/08/2023 😕 too fast to be fun imo.]
Same with Fire Elemental says 23:45 on the Event Schedule but 10mins after the boss will come because of pre-events... Im kind of getting used to this now.

-IF YOU WANT US DOING THE PRE-EVENTS PLEASE PUT A WAYPOINT RIGHT WHERE THE BOSS EVENT STARTS PLEASE! and then post it on the wiki-
Could Claw of Jormag get a waypoint moved closer to where the Boss Event is/starts? It doesn't say what waypoint to go to for the Event https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Claw_of_Jormag#Walkthrough
 I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT THESE BOSS EVENTS ARE SO COOL, THANKS FOR MAKING THEM GW2 PPl 
Megadestroyer Boss Event so cool, comes out of the Lava, awesome
Shadow Behemoth Boss Event very cool, beastly and destroying portals is fun
Great Jungle Wurm Boss Event is cool, have to stun those Husks though ¬.¬
The Shatterer Boss Event is cool, looks awesome and love destroying the shard things
Svanir Shaman Chief Boss Event is very cool, following the Scholar to the Shaman; and so healthy XD 
Fire Elemental Boss Event is awesome, massive inferno
Claw of Jormag Boss Event is very cool
Karka Queen is very cool, big insect in a interesting environment
Golem Boss is really cool, electricity everywhere, awesome arena area
Why is the Golems chest different to the others? I nearly missed it)

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please bring back Jade Quary and Fort Aspenwood in either a type of WvW or PvP mode.

Please bring back Factions Challenges. 

The survival/Invasion mode ones; capture the outposts; etc.

They are a lot of fun in GW1.

---

Please implement the Alliances thing once and for all fully in WvW.

At the moment I work 12 hours a day double shifts and I get to WvW only after midnight, just to find there's only 2 or 3 other players online vs 30 in the opposition. 

I get no content whatsoever.

Am I going to have to be forced to numb farm LWS3 maps or play Silverwastes with two other players who might be on that late at night?

Am I going to have to randomly roam around deserted maps to see if there are any players who might want to do something worth doing?

GW2 is not very worker/the employed friendly.

I get only 2-4 hours tops a day; if that... considering I don't fall A-sleep; which happens most of the time... so I paid all this money to do what exactly, in this game?

I am looking fowards to the xpac this august, but this game's story isn't exactly one I want to repeat again. 

Especially the EoD.

Just a question to make my point.

Do you know how many times I played through Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Metal Gear Solid full story?

Just to name a few of those games?

At least 30 times each.

Do you know how many I did Guild Wars 1?

Enjoyed the entire 10+ times.

(10 characters) including prophecies, factions, nightfall, and eye of the north.

Do you know how many in GW2?

ONCE .

At least in Dino Crisis you get to unlock weapons with infinite ammo.

In Resi you get a gattling gun and rocket launcher with unfinite ammo, + you get to unlock a different free outfit everytime.

Do you understand what I'm trying to get at?

Do you not see that massive is not always better?

One last point. 

Do you know how much those games cost me?

Less than €5 each.

Do you know how much I spent on GW2 already? 

Way too much.

If I was still with my ex wife, she'd bite my head off.

In fact. Sad as it is. My ex wife broke up with me for playing too much GW.

So thank you for that one.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Pls let us enter alt accounts into some  account table in account settings to register our accounts with each others.

For all accounts linked with each others accoundboundness of items shall be removed etc.  Ascended gear e.g. i want to be able to move it to a second account. or make all linked accounts access same legendary library. We spend lots of lifetime to build legendary items and alternative accounts we paid for cant use it currently. 

also all linked accounts shall be available in client via a drop down menu on login for an easier change of accounts.

There are many players who own alot of accoutns by now so please make better support for this. 

thanks

Edited by SlateSloan.3654
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Triple Trouble has an organised run once per day and you need to be earlier than the scheduled time because instances get full: https://tripletrouble.today/

People only turn up at 13:30 UTC+1, 18:00 UTC+1 and 21:00 UTC+1, the other runs should be deleted from the wiki  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triple_Trouble#Event_schedule because it just confuses players who turn up at those times and fail

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There are some travel options that allow one-way travel between maps, e.g., from LA to Amnoon once your character has completed the PoF story. Please make these connections work in both directions. I would even suggest to make them work account-wide rather than character-specific once unlocked. Here is the list off the top of my head:

• LA to Amnoon
  • LA to Siren's Landing
  • Rata Sum to Draconis Mons*
  • Amnoon to Domain of Istan
  • Desert Highlands to Domain of Kourna
  • Black Citadel to Grothmar Valley*
  • Black Citadel to Bjora Marches*
  • Eye of the North to Drizzlewood Coast*

*These passages currently only work during the relevant story chapter and later become inactive.

Edit: had forgotten one.

Edited by Harfang.1507
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This suggestion might have already been made here, but I would like to have a +1 for this if anyone else has made the same suggestion.

Allow us to hide specific achievements from the "Nearly Completed" panel. Got some PVP Achievements that I really don't want to complete as I don't personally like doing PVP, so having the option to not have those achievements show up and take up the spot would be really helpful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

MAP SUGGESTION:

There are SO MANY ZONES and it is SO HARD to navigate the world map, especially with many of the zones blurred out on alt characters. The compass KINDA helps a little bit. But with how many zones there are in the game, it might be better to add a little side menu with the name of all the zones. Clicking on the name of the Zone from the menu should pan over to the zone itself. Something like how ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) does it:

https://imgur.com/a/pNzb4qm

If possible, the zones can be grouped in expanding categories by LWS season or maybe Expansion, but it would definitely help new and returning players have an idea of which zone they need to be going to.

Also, LFG SUGGESTION:

There are TOO MANY categories for LFG for a player to navigate. Can it be separated into something like "Raids", "Fractals", "Dungeons", "Festival/Holiday", "Roleplay", "Leveling"? Was having difficulty with this when looking at groups for Boss Blitz cuz sometimes they would put it in the wrong category.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Please add a skimmer mastery similar to Air Rescue. Being able to mount a skimmer before hitting the water would make diving and mounting them much smoother.

My additional, more fanciful, suggestion is to allow skimmers to take advantage of the Enhanced Updrafts and Rising Spirits masteries while using their Hover High skill. While it's a floating mount rather than a flying mount, bouncing on updrafts with a skimmer would be delightful. (This would only be while using the Hover High skill to avoid players being unintentionally picked up by low updrafts.)

Edited by EnemyCrusher.7324
  • Like 1

Please make sure that new Gem Store armour skin can be viewed from the bank gallery as soon as they hit the game.

Being able to mix, match and dye it in the better preview, rather than only being able to see it in the Gem Store preview, may boost your sales.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think that the Black Lion Bounty Boards, or whatever they're called, the ones that give materials daily, should be replaced with NPC characters that could be presented as people who have joined your guild in the story, and that they are giving you the loot from when they've been out questing for the guild. Or have both systems I guess.

You could give them armour or weapons or whatever to make them look how you want them to as well. I'm thinking of it as a call back to heroes in GW1.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Like Youtube removed the dislike option, I sincerely think that the team could remove the confused reaction (and maybe the other ones, just keep the likes) from the forums, as it exacerbates the tensions between people.

The conversations would be healthier and the work of moderation could be lighter.

As I know the studio always work in favour of a safe and respectful environment, I really think you could apply that philosophy on your forums too.

If you are against any form of harassment, since a lot of people are spammed with a lot of confused reactions in a few seconds for nothing, please do the good choice.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Anvar.5673 said:

Like Youtube removed the dislike option, I sincerely think that the team could remove the confused reaction (and maybe the other ones, just keep the likes) from the forums, as it exacerbates the tensions between people.

The conversations would be healthier and the work of moderation could be lighter.

As I know the studio always work in favour of a safe and respectful environment, I really think you could apply that philosophy on your forums too.

Despite being someone who enjoys all the stupefied looks, I do think it negatively impacts the discourse. It's very discouraging to new forum posters or people who are presenting unconventional / unrefined ideas that COULD turn into something great.  

You don't want everyone who sticks around to be someone who enjoys being a contrarian or enjoys being antagonized. Like me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 6:50 PM, Severiun.6495 said:

It is like almost every suggestion gets an automatic sad or confused emoji soon after it is posted, even suggestions that no one possibly would deny is a good idea. 

The use of the emojis is misguided, diverted and harm the community more than anything else. I think the time as come to get rid of it forever.

Edited by Anvar.5673
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

For those who cannot read the text on Guild Wars 2 well, and for those who cannot see the boon and condition symbols well:
Increase the interface size! It's lovely!
Game menu (gear symbol) -> options -> graphics options -> Interface size (forth one down) -> Large ❤️ 😛 

Edited by Ollie B.8597
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1