[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Bank Slot
Each account can have up to 17 total bank tabs. ( In-game description)
I love GW2, join Tyria in 2015.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bank_Tab_Expansion

This consumable was introduced in 2013 with the February 21st update.
(LS1)            The September 17, 2013 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 8 to 12.
(Hot~LS3)  The March 22, 2016 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 12 to 14.
(PoF~LS4)  The June 26, 2018 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 14 to 17.

IBS---2019, Sep
EoD---2022, Feb
SotO---2023, Aug
-------------------------
Now... 2023, Oct
We got alot trophy and something.... 
Any possible can you increase Bank Slot limit? 
Appreciate.

Edited by Meelu.3968
add Game Release period
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Fishing stacks should be retained across maps, map changes and across non [boat health goes to 0 from attacks] dismounts. 

Rn you have to remount immediately meaning you can't fish and inventory sort/do the event/join in the random meta/or do anything else without losing stacks (in short getting punished). 

Reasoning

- Map system wants players to move to more populated instances.  But fishing system punishes you for moving to more populated instances, clears all fishing stacks on map change. Worse, maps force close, thus forcefully removing fishing stacks, making it practically impossible to retain 99 fishing stacks.

- just feels stressful/unpleasant on any map where having fishing stacks matter (such as a map with high fishing requirements)

- I can't even bank in maps with banks without losing stacks.

Context (for non fishers): 

(For those who don't fish, to build fishing stacks you need to catch 99 fish on the same map without boat health dropping to 0 or leaving boat for more than a moment. -not sure how long but it feels like within a minute or less.- You can't do anything else in the map or you lose it.  So that's 99 catches of work put in that gets force cleared by this system and locks you to do nothing but fish Or Else.)

Who else cares: 

-Exact memory-

My friend finds fishing stressful because of this, I saw two ppl stressed, complain in map chat coz of this (even much time later). 

Total explicit complaints I have recent record of : 3

-fuzzy memory-

I think this is a gripe for basically everyone fishing.

Request if not changed: 

At least it would be nice to get some explanation as to how it's intended to work. 

Do you want us to stay in unpopulated maps? Do you want us to change maps and was this a simple oversight ? Do you want to force us to fish and never leave the boat?  Are we not meant to build up too many stacks at all? I just don't think psychologically anyone likes being cleared of stacks they protected on a forced map change or close.  What was the game design intent here? (I thought we abandoned forcing players to make unpleasant tradeoffs with the Mesmer update away from clones)  Fishing is at its core pretty relaxing so I think changing so we can dismount the boat and don't get force cleared would be positive for it. 

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
More info
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2022 at 3:52 AM, Sylvi.8372 said:

Fishing Skill 4's placement causes problems.

It's very easy to accidentally press it while pressing fishing skill 5 or 3.

I know we can use our strafe left and strafe right to replace fishing skill 2 and 3. It's just that, it's so much more convenient to press 2 and 3 right after pressing 1.

Edit to clarify why accidentally pressing 4 is a problem: 4 resets the fishing line. If we’re pressing 2 and 3, we’re already trying to reel a fish in. It’s very upsetting to almost catch a fish but then accidentally press 4 and prematurely end the fishing session.

I vote it be put at 0 XD

Bandaid fix to op, you can set the weapon skill in settings keybinds if you're doing dedicated fishing so that your weapon skill 4 be assigned to something else. . Can be a pain to swap every time tho. 

On 10/20/2023 at 1:26 PM, Meelu.3968 said:

Bank Slot
Each account can have up to 17 total bank tabs. ( In-game description)
I love GW2, join Tyria in 2015.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bank_Tab_Expansion

This consumable was introduced in 2013 with the February 21st update.
(LS1)            The September 17, 2013 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 8 to 12.
(Hot~LS3)  The March 22, 2016 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 12 to 14.
(PoF~LS4)  The June 26, 2018 update increased the maximum number of bank tabs from 14 to 17.

IBS---2019, Sep
EoD---2022, Feb
SotO---2023, Aug
-------------------------
Now... 2023, Oct
We got alot trophy and something.... 
Any possible can you increase Bank Slot limit? 
Appreciate.

I support this, I think they're more likely to pay attention to this in the gem store suggestions thread , and gem store stuff used to get more priority over QoL so they may implement it speedier too. 

• Sad 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, LoboRaptorLo.2603 said:

Here is a QoL that could be useful.
If you guys could add a line "Has Special Sound Effects" on some items, Warhorns by example, this would help.
I have a lot of chests that I don't dare open because I'm trying to collect the weapons with special sound effects but without a way to tell if they have one or it is the basic ones, they just keep piling. The other way would be to pick one and ask Support to refund if they don't have one, which honestly I do believe that a lot of us would rather avoid doing so.

For now: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_weapons_with_unique_sounds

It WOULD be nice tho as the only way is to tell via finding out and as you say wiki isn't updated enough

Edited by cloudsareyum.8120
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:16 PM, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Yet another Halloweenie year has come with an overabundance of @#%$()*& rolls of TP, rotten eggs, and utterly useless transform potions.... and still no viable way to get rid of them except throwing away like cigarette butts on the sidewalk.

Either let us sell this utter garbage as "junk" or give us a gobbler that can turn it into junk that is worth 1 copper per 50 or even 250 gobbled! 
This would also be a great use for the Jade Bot chips.... transform useless weenie stuff into candy corn (no one knows what that stuff is made from anyway)

I vote we can research note them and non Soto/EOD players can sell it as junk (or on the tp to be research noted)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:53 PM, eyestrain.3056 said:

It's lab farm season again so this common problem has been on my mind. Why is it that even when squads have tagged up commanders, any random player can merge them via the lfg menu? What is the benefit of this, and why shouldn't it just be restricted so that this power is only available to commander/lieutenant until the squad has no leader? Even in the case of a leaderless squad, some kind of ready check requiring majority acceptance would probably result in way less of this mistaken/troll merging.

If there's something i'm missing I'd be happy to learn. It just seems like an obvious problem that ignorant/malicious players can merge two squads doing totally different content together and leave commanders with a mess to sort out person by person, or be forced to dissolve/remake the squad. Even leaving a squad at 50/50 to avoid that work means suddenly people who want to join each group no longer can. Why does this system still work this way?

Leader squads are protected but leaderless squads still  have no recourse. This is a good suggestion . Made a similar but less good suggestion earlier , I hope they fix it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hi, can you make it so the Champion Branded Hydra be lassoed with 3 players instead of 5?
I wanted to make a build to solo it but once I cut off one of it's heads it runs and I need players to help lassoo it but if there are 5 people it becomes too easy to defeat it and not fun.
So can it be made that 3 players can definitely lassoo the Champion Branded Hydra please? (the Crystal Desert one)
Thank you

Read me.  More content and stuff. 

No replies needed.

Weekly, bi-weekly or monthly ranked wvw tournaments that guilds can enroll in.  Matches could be made in the style of soccer, football, baseball and any other sport matching and eliminating system preferred.  A rotation of matching and eliminating systems could mix things up a bit.

An event where players are separated into groups that progress through the event in large mount vessels.  These vessels may need to be captured or obtained through some sort of way.  These vessels have their own weapons systems, obstacle and enemy detectors and other equipment.  These equipment may need operators throughout the event.  Enemies may also try to board the vessels and try to capture players or the whole vessel.  Vessels could also be slowed downed by enemies or enemy vessels  These vessels can also take damage and may need to be repaired at different parts of it.  Players will need to try to protect these vessels from the incoming damage.  Groups may try to capture enemy vessels and board them to use them instead or if their current vessel is low on health.  These vessels may run low on fuel or lose fuel reserves and need to acquire new sources of fuel and also manually refuel the vessel.  Ammunition may run low also and may need transporting and reloading individual pieces at a time. 

Have two material costs recipes for legendaries.  One for a full legendary and one just for the skin.  To use the skin you must have a full legendary of the type.  This will keep all legendaries relevant for players with existing legendaries who are interested in other versions of a legendary but do not want to repeat the whole grind necessary to just obtain the skin of the particular legendary while not gaining much else.  

Having multiple recipes for a legendary or legendary skin with could help diversify player population in different maps throughout the game by tying the materials of each recipe to one expansion and having multiple expansion recipes per legendary.  And example of this would be like this: legendary back piece item recipes available - core game recipe, expansion 1 recipe, expansion 2 recipe... One easy to get item related to where the legendary was introduced could be in each recipe to tie it to that place.

Have more settings in graphics post-processing like bloom effect settings control.

Wvw, give defensive siege weapons like cannons further range but decrease accuracy and damage the further the shot.

Make stories scale to squad groups so squads can play together in a story instance.  Have expansion stories built for up to 50 players. 

Have direct wiki links in-game since the wiki is so tied to the game. 

New mounts, shooter type combat mounts.  Mechanical and robotic types.  Air, land and water.  Similar pve enemies too.  Robotic type mounts may have other functions like industrial mining extractions, obstacle demolition, explosive munitions deployment, pickup enemies and move them around, etc.  Can be played in third and first person perspective.  Uses a reticle targeting system.  May have magnification scope.  Weapons systems may be a number of things from guns, lasers, rockets, bombs etc. Add a few to start and fill out as needed.

Character customization for mounts like player customization.

Give the commander an option to move the whole squad to a new map when changing maps.

Pve, have enemies that can combine together to form different enemies.  Different combinations and quantities will produce different results.  Other enemies may split in small and varying amounts or in half to produce other things.  Some enemies may work in conjunction with one or more other enemies to do other things.  Some enemies may stay in small groups while others in large groups.  Some may gain bonuses while being near one type of enemy while gaining debuffs with another.  Players can use this to their advantage while contending to them.

Aerial maps, lots of aerial enemies.

Pve rifts, after a rift is closed, open a new rift that players can activate to teleport to a new area where another rift will open.

Pve events, have NPCs help guide and direct different mechanics in the event.  

Communicator device, have a communicator device that opens a graphical interface on the left or right side of the screen that is similar to a cell phone interface.  The interface would have things like a contact app, voice mail, calling app, text message app, navigation map app, camera app, photo app, note app, e-mail app, alarm app, social media app, music player app, calendar app, news app, etc.

Alliances, have alliances be a way for guilds to communicate with other guilds to coordinate content organization planning.  Have alliance communication channels where players can post content posts similar to LFG with a listed designated content that other players can select to opt into.  Content can be wvw, pvp or pve specific.  These posts can be listed with time, date, guild limit, player limit if applicable, content specified, start and end time/date option, listing expiration time, slot limit etc.  Permissions for listing changes could be given to other players also.  A listing can have a window of availability time before finalization is set.  User permissions and requirements could be listed or required for listings.  Alliance listings could have its own gui pane.  Listing shortcuts could be pasted into alliance chat to create an easy announcement.  An announcement will be automatically announced in guild chat channels of participating guilds once the start of listings' event begins.  Listing announcements can be made by creator and players with permission throughout the shelf life of the listing to provide any necessary updates to the event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

DAILY POINTS: I was so happy when you changed the Daily system! I started getting points for doing dailies after hitting the limit from the previous system. (I was so disappointed and angry then)

And a few days ago I hit a limit AGAIN! Invisible ceiling! How is this supposed to help with QoL? I'm so pissed! And the UI is lying to me every time now that I got 10pints! kitten!

Why did you install another limit in the new daily points system! What was the reason?!?! To annoy us more? Free us! Release us!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Avelione.6075 said:

DAILY POINTS: I was so happy when you changed the Daily system! I started getting points for doing dailies after hitting the limit from the previous system. (I was so disappointed and angry then)

And a few days ago I hit a limit AGAIN! Invisible ceiling! How is this supposed to help with QoL? I'm so pissed! And the UI is lying to me every time now that I got 10pints! kitten!

Why did you install another limit in the new daily points system! What was the reason?!?! To annoy us more? Free us! Release us!!!!

Are you referring to AP received for completing a set of dailies? That did not change. If you'd previously reached 15,000, the WV did not change that. 

If you are referring to some other "points" then please explain.

• Thanks 2