[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Suggestions for character naming/renaming.

I would like to present a solution to all those who have trouble naming characters, because that specific name is already taken.

I played a few browser mmos years back that have a system which adds the following after a name: [#] ; in which "#" = a random number. 

Also a player can choose to either display [Number] or not.

Just like our main GW2 name has the "Name.Number" in it.

The same could be used for character names.

That way people could still RP with their characters, and have 9999X9999 chances that their favourite character name would still be available.

Name colours.

Another option that could be made available to differentiate names are name colours; except PvP.

Players could use their favourite colours on their characters as they see fit.

From pink, to green, to red, blue, purple, etc...

Please add the title "Freedom Fighter" to the list of titles. 

The achievement could be related to number of kills on oppressive forces, such as the awakened invasion, or Scarlet Armies.

Character Select Screen essential information.

Please add the following information to character select screen:

● Age/Date of Creation. 

● Current active Story chapter.

● A search bar to look which character has a specific item, such as gathering tools, or a specific weapon, etc, automatically select/highlight in colour those character(s).

An option to organise characters in select screen by the following:

Age, Class, Location, Starting Area, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

When completing map there could be a possible reward of lion head, or lauren. If your character is already preatty then more transmutacion charges are not use, and grinding map completicion is solid work, so there should some cool reward. The thing with laurens and lion heads, is that you can swap it for many things, so you will always get something good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Pause map closing timer during meta

.It's really irritating when you're at the final boss of a not too frequented meta, with a full squad mind you, but that's not enough to remove the map closing timer, so the timer ends during the boss, only to get booted into another map in the same place, where you have no other option just to die, because you can't tp out(taking damage) and can't go out(closed doors from meta)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

When I try to walk through an open door, gate, portal or similar passage, I do not need to be stopped and asked if I want to go through the door, and then made to confirm that I don't just merely want to walk through that door; I really most sincerely want to walk through that door.

If it starts an instance, or if it has multiple exit points then fine, ask away. But if entering the passage only leads to one possible destination and it does not start an instance, then just let me walk through the stupid thing without having my motivations questioned. 😠

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There could be chat command to show map reward progress. Like type /mapreward and it will tell you 1200/8000 or something like that. The first number is how much score you have, the second is what is your limit before dimishing returns.

Some players dont event know that event progress exists. Maybe it is just a legend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, Ollie B.8597 said:

I feel there should be a difficulty rating of professions on the character creation page.
A difficulty rating would help both casual people and smart gamer people. 
For example:
I created a elementalist/tempest/weaver and quickly found that it was too technical to play for me as a casual player, I feel only smart gamer type people can handle this profession with all the swaps etc. so this profession could be labelled as hard.
I have a revenant/herald now and with all the passive boons its great for survivability so this proffession could be labelled as easy.
I just feel this would help out, thanks for consideration.

haven't read through all the pages since this post yet.  I created a new character a few months ago and there is a difficulty guide on the profession creation screen.  It is only for the core professions but for starting players that is all that is needed.

• Haha 1

I was so annoyed by that continuous message "you have to unlock the mastery to use the ley-line" and then I realized that once unlocked it, it's even more annoying. I usually use the jump utility to leave the ley-line, but sometimes it's on cooldown and before I'm able to leave it, I'm already miles away. Very annoying indeed. For me they could remove the ley-lines entirely on the archipelago, they are useless anyway, apart the long one for the achievement. In the second map it doesn't happen that often.

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

PRESS F TO RIDE THE LEYLINE

Better than now as well, I agree, but you need a very good reaction to do that on a high-speed griffon crossing a ley-line. It's easier to have a skill that let you snap the next ley-line you hit, i.e. you can press the "F" in advance.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah, the hitbox can pull you in even if it looks like you just missed it.

But.... if you can see the leyline, then you should have ample opportunity to avoid it.  I think I've only been grabbed 3 or so times but now I watch for them and easily choose whether or not to engage with them.

39 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

But.... if you can see the leyline, then you should have ample opportunity to avoid it.  I think I've only been grabbed 3 or so times but now I watch for them and easily choose whether or not to engage with them.

And like I said, the hit box in some cases has you not even in the leyline and it pulls you in anyway.

• Like 1

Can the ascended armor purchased from BLING-9009 be called the unique name upon selecting it's stats?

When you buy ascended armor from BLING-9009 in the fractal area it is called "Illustrious" for example "Illustrious Graves" and then when you select it's stats (say Cleric's stats) it then says "Cleric's Illustrious Greaves" but it would be nicer if the name changed to the unique ascended name so for "Cleric's" it would be "Tateos".

I nearly have a full set of "Tateos" ascended armor but one of the armor pieces now says "Cleric's illustrious" 😕

Just an OCD neat freak thing I suppose... Thanks for consideration.

• Sad 1

Problem: I have enought mihtrill to gear up elvish army and march to mordor, and enought elder wood for whole Fangorn. In the same time im lacking some low tier resources.

Suggestion: Ability to downgrade basic materials, could be a vendor who would accept your mithrill and five back some gold (the material) with some comission fee, same for gold, platinium, iron and so on. Same with wood. There needs to be counter so we can sell 250 in one go. And the fee cant be crazy, not bigger than bying from TP.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ollie B.8597 said:

Can the ascended armor purchased from BLING-9009 be called the unique name upon selecting it's stats?

When you buy ascended armor from BLING-9009 in the fractal area it is called "Illustrious" for example "Illustrious Graves" and then when you select it's stats (say Cleric's stats) it then says "Cleric's Illustrious Greaves" but it would be nicer if the name changed to the unique ascended name so for "Cleric's" it would be "Tateos".

I nearly have a full set of "Tateos" ascended armor but one of the armor pieces now says "Cleric's illustrious" 😕

Just an OCD neat freak thing I suppose... Thanks for consideration.

Well you can always stat change it in the mystic forge since that will destroy the illustrious and return you a brand new tateos armor.

Do note that it destroy any rune inside it aswell.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stat_changing

1 hour ago, evilcat.6817 said:

Problem: I have enought mihtrill to gear up elvish army and march to mordor, and enought elder wood for whole Fangorn. In the same time im lacking some low tier resources.

Suggestion: Ability to downgrade basic materials, could be a vendor who would accept your mithrill and five back some gold (the material) with some comission fee, same for gold, platinium, iron and so on. Same with wood. There needs to be counter so we can sell 250 in one go. And the fee cant be crazy, not bigger than bying from TP.

Open Champion Bags on a mid-level character.  When you salvage, you will receive mid-level materials (Platinum/Iron/Hardwood, etc.). 

Please consider class changing.

I have a few characters, which I do not wish to have two versions of; especially when it comes to naming... which is an issue, from my perspective; and would be simpler to just change class with a few clicks whenever we feel like a change; even if it is through Gem Store.

Once purchased; those two classes are saved on that character, and we are able to change to the desired unlocked classes.

You can also do a bundle of 8, so players can unlock all classes to that one character.

I currently have at least 4 characters which I'd like to change back and forth between Ranger and Warrior; Warrior and Ranger; Revenant and Elementalist; Necromancer and Revenant and Warrior; and more.

So if you place the cost at 800 Gems, that's at least 5X800 to start with.

This could become addictive to players that have many characters, and would like to experiment and experience all classes for those special characters. 

Especially for those who appreciate birthday gifts, or otherwise... have a certain sentimental value.

I hope you understand and consider.

Many thanks.

By the way.

What about mercenaries for private instances?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Please consider class changing.

I have a few characters, which I do not wish to have two versions of; especially when it comes to naming... which is an issue, from my perspective; and would be simpler to just change class with a few clicks whenever we feel like a change; even if it is through Gem Store.

Once purchased; those two classes are saved on that character, and we are able to change to the desired unlocked classes.

You can also do a bundle of 8, so players can unlock all classes to that one character.

I currently have at least 4 characters which I'd like to change back and forth between Ranger and Warrior; Warrior and Ranger; Revenant and Elementalist; Necromancer and Revenant and Warrior; and more.

So if you place the cost at 800 Gems, that's at least 5X800 to start with.

This could become addictive to players that have many characters, and would like to experiment and experience all classes for those special characters. 

Especially for those who appreciate birthday gifts, or otherwise... have a certain sentimental value.

I hope you understand and consider.

Many thanks.

By the way.

What about mercenaries for private instances?

Since the story line is tailored to the character's class and race, they would not allow class switching or race swapping.... that is what the other character slots are for. I get what you are asking, and why.... it just isn't going to happen

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1