[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Wouldn't it be great if they had separate dye channels?

Some beards look weird on a character, because they are significantly darker than the scalp hair -- for whatever reason. Makes them look rather affixed than natural. 😄

If this was doable, it would make for a nice fashion QoL update😉, especially since we no longer seem to be getting new hairstyle and beards.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

15 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Could be interesting, but I'd imagine it would take a complete re-work of the character/toon to allow for a separate dye channel.

Probably, but who knows? We got the Favorites feature for minis, outfits and other stuff that I hadn't considered before, so I guess everything is possible. 😉

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Probably, but who knows? We got the Favorites feature for minis, outfits and other stuff that I hadn't considered before, so I guess everything is possible. 😉

Possible.  Perhaps.  Like I often tell my kid, there's a big difference between possible and probable.   I'm not sure that this idea is probable.  It might take too much effort from Anet for not enough gain.  /shrug

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Possible.  Perhaps.  Like I often tell my kid, there's a big difference between possible and probable.   I'm not sure that this idea is probable.  It might take too much effort from Anet for not enough gain.  /shrug

"Probably" was referring to your response that it would likely take reworking the engine to make it possible to separate the dye channels.

• Confused 3

On 12/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, hyper.3902 said:

Make it more noticable please when the PVP que pops up. Often while one is waiting for SPVP, they are alt tabbed & have GW2 in the background with another window on top of it. Unless I make sure my top window is 1/4th the size of my screen, I often miss the que, because the only noticable difference (besides the horn) is the GW2 screen getting barely darker.

Make it possible please to hide the "Map Options" window after one accepts a pvp que, just like the accept/dismiss pvp que window; this way I can keep questing for a bit longer while waiting to spawn into PVP.

There is a setting so that you can hear the game even when it is in the background so you will always here the que pop.

please consider adding a feature to let us preview cosmetic infusions like the mystic infusion, liquid aurillium, etc. there are youtube videos & pics, but pics don't do infusions justice, & youtube videos are hard to find & different according to what settings you have. since these infusions are so expensive, it'd be really nice to preview first

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't know that this is in the right topic, but for those of us who have been on for 11 years, our contacts could really use a "last online" like the guild panel does.  I have a lot of contacts that have built up over the years, and if someone hasn't played for 5+ years, it would be nice to know!

Can you please enable the word "beast" in character names?

Why is this word not allowed? 

Why is "shot" not allowed? 

Not all of us have a filthy mind, so why should the rest of us be punished over a very few sick individuals?

I'm finding it difficult to come up with a name for a new character, because the internet is also full of disgusting material that ruins character naming.

I tend to google every character name, just in case there's nothing vile that pops up in google; and this is one of those occasions which the name I picked does come up with disgusting things.

So my next best option is to use beast; but this isn't allowed.

I fail to see what's wrong with beast.

Also. Can you increase the total name characters to at least 20?

Just the one more character makes a world of difference. 

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Also. Can you increase the total name characters to at least 20?

Just the one more character makes a world of difference. 

you can exceed 20, I currently have 21. idk past that but it is infact not 20 as cap. 

Real question for Quality of Life Changes. Can we get a Overhaul of the LFG, and allow for role queue of events and or clean it up visually to be easier to navigate? would make raiding alot easier not necessarily skill wise but organisation wise with another mastery for commanding or if you have a commander tag able to sign as the commander for said content. open to others opinions of update to lfg. 

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Screlite.9308 said:

you can exceed 20, I currently have 21. idk past that but it is infact not 20 as cap. 

Real question for Quality of Life Changes. Can we get a Overhaul of the LFG, and allow for role queue of events and or clean it up visually to be easier to navigate? would make raiding alot easier not necessarily skill wise but organisation wise with another mastery for commanding or if you have a commander tag able to sign as the commander for said content. open to others opinions of update to lfg. 

actually the cap is currently 19. I just attempted to create a new toon and while it has 21 spaces before it stops you from typing further, the error at the bottom states "This name exceeds the maximum character limit (19)"

I suspect the 21 spaces is to allow for 2 spaces and 19 letters.

7 hours ago, Screlite.9308 said:

You must be  a privileged V.I.P. because most of us still have a cap of 19 characters in a name. 

So not 21 as you are stating.

Also,  i don't know why all the confused emojies with such a simple straight fowards request, as if that was a bad thing or rocket science.

I swear to God, sometimes I don't know if that's just out of spite, Just because... you can, or pure boredom.

Sometimes I feel like this is a kindergarten, pre primary school place, or just some individuals not having real problems in real life to waste time down voting something that could  benefit everyone.

No wonder the world is in the state it's in.

Enough said.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

those can be converted into other things... like Amalgamated Kryptis Essence which is in turn needed for the PvE (open world) leggy armor.

If you (and many others) have no use for them, I would personally prefer they be allowed to be sold on the TP over a gobbler being created.... there are plenty of us looking down the barrel at like 2000+ Kryptus events per set of leggy armor who would pay good coin to buy some of those.