[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

And an enormous balancing headache?

It was my understanding at the beginning of GW2 that ArenaNet had found GW1's system of individual mix and match skills to be ulitimately unsupportable. As you grow, there become too many possible combinations to try and keep track of from a balance point of view.

Which is why half our skill bar comes in groups by weapon type.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Because it is core combat mechanic? You see char, you see it's class and you see it's weapon and you know skillset character will have. You are asking why core game mechanic, around which whole game is built around and makes GW2 - GW2 is not changed.

So you are fine using the same skills forever. No augmenting them a little or adding your own flare to your weapon skills?

I'm not talking about changing the entire identity of your profession.  I'm talking about just some minor customizations options.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

And an enormous balancing headache?

It was my understanding at the beginning of GW2 that ArenaNet had found GW1's system of individual mix and match skills to be ulitimately unsupportable. As you grow, there become too many possible combinations to try and keep track of from a balance point of view.

Which is why half our skill bar comes in groups by weapon type.

Balancing isn't my job.

Talking about minor customizations to make things newer.  2 or three options per skill or something.

Instead of focusing on skiffs. Fishing, lame es's, or the big dumb turtle.

Focus on combat and minor customizations.

Like completely being able to put what stats you want on armor.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Midknight.7324 said:

I'm not talking about changing the entire identity of your profession.  I'm talking about just some minor customizations options.

Game doesnt need any more visual clutter. Infusions and legendaries are enough.

2 minutes ago, Midknight.7324 said:

2 or three options per skill or something

You want to change the game, like it wont be GW2 anymore. It will have visuals and enemies of GW2, but it wont be GW2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Game doesnt need any more visual clutter. Infusions and legendaries are enough.

You want to change the game, like it wont be GW2 anymore. It will have visuals and enemies of GW2, but it wont be GW2

No, I'm talking about maybe have a cast time reduction option on some skills, or option to add a condition to a skill, or increasing att speed, per skill.

Not changing the entire game bc of weapon skills. Adding a little bit of flare instead of staying with the same Ole stuff.

Yeah a lot of programming, but it is to improve combat.

• Confused 2

Just now, Midknight.7324 said:

No, I'm talking about maybe have a cast time reduction option on some skills, or option to add a condition to a skill, or increasing att speed, per skill.

Not changing the entire game bc of weapon skills. Adding a little bit of flare instead of staying with the same Ole stuff.

Yeah a lot of programming, but it is to improve combat.

This sounds a lot like Traits, which do offer ways to augment some weapon skills.  Would you be interested in more Traits affecting more weapons?  This would be mechanically a lot easier to accomplish, since it already exists in game, and easier to balance around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, I understand those. And some of those are more useful than others.

I'm talking about when you go to you weapon skills menu. Instead of hovoring over it and reading a tool tip.  You get three minot options to choose from.

It'll be cool to do that over certain Stat numbers too, but that is different.

5 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

This sounds a lot like Traits, which do offer ways to augment some weapon skills.  Would you be interested in more Traits affecting more weapons?  This would be mechanically a lot easier to accomplish, since it already exists in game, and easier to balance around.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Masteries, God titles for various content chunks, achievements, world records on adventures

Are you just here to debate me or what? Adding in more customizable would be great. My idea is good despite all of the confused faces and stuff.

Those are different progressions than what I'm talking about. 

Nobody wants to do all that stuff if nothing is fresh about your hero. Or more options aren't brought into the mix.  Playing something just for achievements, masteries, and that sort of thing but muscling thru the same thing on hero from day one?? Oh wait 5 levels were added.. 👎 no thanks.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Midknight.7324 said:

Are you just here to debate me or what? Adding in more customizable would be great. My idea is good despite all of the confused faces and stuff.

Those are different progressions than what I'm talking about. 

Nobody wants to do all that stuff if nothing is fresh about your hero. Or more options aren't brought into the mix.  Playing something just for achievements, masteries, and that sort of thing but muscling thru the same thing on hero from day one?? Oh wait 5 levels were added.. 👎 no thanks.

All this would do is change the goalposts within the various metas while massively overcomplicating the existing weapon options.

Engineer has the fewest weapon skills at 28, while Elementalist has the most at 150.  Giving those weapon skills 3 choices would bloat the skill to 84 for Engineer and 450 for Elementalist.  When you look at total unique weapon skills in the game there are 356 Core weapon skills and 158 eSpec weapon skills, so with your proposed change, 1068 Core options and 504 eSpec options.  And that doesn't even include things like Kits or Shroud skills which make up another 281 skills, or with your proposal, 843.

You can provide too many options, and this game already does that.  There are already over 2k build variants for each profession simply via Trait options, even before you select weapons, sigils, runes and armor, oh and utility skills too!  Tripling the weapon skills across the board doesn't seem good for anyone (players, developers, balance team).

• Thanks 3

Anet already struggles to balance the skills that they have. I can't imagine their being multiple versions of the same skills with different cooldowns, damage, cast times, or number of targets to choose from. Just communicating to people to equip certain versions of each skill sounds like a pain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

All this would do is change the goalposts within the various metas while massively overcomplicating the existing weapon options.

Engineer has the fewest weapon skills at 28, while Elementalist has the most at 150.  Giving those weapon skills 3 choices would bloat the skill to 84 for Engineer and 450 for Elementalist.  When you look at total unique weapon skills in the game there are 356 Core weapon skills and 158 eSpec weapon skills, so with your proposed change, 1068 Core options and 504 eSpec options.  And that doesn't even include things like Kits or Shroud skills which make up another 281 skills, or with your proposal, 843.

You can provide too many options, and this game already does that.  There are already over 2k build variants for each profession simply via Trait options, even before you select weapons, sigils, runes and armor, oh and utility skills too!  Tripling the weapon skills across the board doesn't seem good for anyone (players, developers, balance team).

This game is child's play compared to how many options are available, on other games. When they capped the level they dumbed things down and made it easy, for themselves.

I think it is awesome to have many different options. I'm not playing all classes all at once. To have build a certain to stay relevant is weak.

• Confused 3

Ultimately, would it make any difference? Players would quickly discover the optimal choices and use those. Thus, adding 3 options would be no different than simply having Anet revamp skills every so often.

If you want to mix things up, then do so. There are many rune sets and sigils you can use to vary your play, even without changing your armor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Ultimately, would it make any difference? Players would quickly discover the optimal choices and use those. Thus, adding 3 options would be no different than simply having Anet revamp skills every so often.

If you want to mix things up, then do so. There are many rune sets and sigils you can use to vary your play, even without changing your armor.

I've messed with a lot of different builds and had fun ultimately.  It is just since launch, I've done most of what I've wanted. And the expansion really isn't that exciting.

When using this build creator. I see gaps that I feel can be improved in the games. But it seems like their direction is going for longterm boredom, instead of pumping about the lame es's coming out.

All this new content is going to ran with same Ole thing. I think they should add options here. Or the Stat cap bonuses.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PaAAA-e

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Midknight.7324 said:

Why are you playing Gw2 if you want to play reskined WoW?

• Like 1

for tenth year player 
I propose legendary weapon choose box (gen1, gen2) .  2 Luminous skin weapon 

coz backpack now cover 4 years

and for long time player. Legendary weapon shall motivate people to continue playing  than skin that we collect for 9 years

I had a funny idea about "Tea time" chair, but is it possible to make such a chair for a mesmer so that you can put your clone in front of it? ) I think it would be funny, there are also two basic buttons for tea time. And the mesmer would have a third button - seat the clone opposite)
Ideally, add buttons so that the clone can drink tea in two ways, or when the button is pressed, as soon as the clone brings the mug to his lips, he breaks up into butterflies)

Edited by Zraurum.8493
There was another idea
  • Like 1

• Zraurum.8493 changed the title to Offer for tea time chair !