What is your favorite weapon type in GW 2?

Cyrin.1035

I don't have a particular "main weapon", since I often have to switch around a bit, depending on the situation.For example, I like Dual Pistols, but when I have to go melee and I am surrounded, I am glad I have my Daggers ready. My main weapon is basically the Rifle, but then, as said, I won't fight with a rifle in close combat just for the sake of being my main weapon.

But then, I use 2 weapons since I created my thief, except for the time when I had no access to certain skins (e.g. the Whisper's Daggers), but else, I am always using Rifle, and then switch between Dual Daggers and Dual Pistols. That's been happening for a quite a while now and basically a part of my Asura's identity (see signature).I like it to have a long range and a short range alternative, like in action movies when someone is out of bullets and the enemy thinks he is easy to be finished and suddenly pulls out blades/pistols from his coat.

After GFXing a lot for my family (I am a passionate hobby filmer), I sat down the last holidays to create some sort of "guideline" of my Asura, the way he dresses (and why) and the weapons he uses. So while you are asking for a particular weapon type, it's actually three, depending on the situations stated above. I leave that here, should be self-explaining:

(Also, yes, the rifle's bullets are purple...)

63S3UzO.png

• 2 weeks later...

@"Zionka.6897" said:favorite: long bow, least favorite: hammer. This'd be better as a poll, lolI used to like melee, but the long bow has really grown on me, I prefer the "kill em before they get in your face" mode

Hmm, not a bad idea.I have also found that my love of swords is evolving to a love for scepters and mid to long-range weps.

Depends class, but overall i prefer melee weapons. i used be a preferred use of rifles and bows. Going back to my old ways i guess. I played gw1 as warrior for bout 4 years then switched to main ranger for even longer, still play ranger on gw1. Gw2 I started on engi played with rifle and pistols for a very long time and ranger either sb/lb and greatsword. Lately been going back to my old gw1 ways enjoying melee when possible. But to be honest it is all based on what i can make best use of, since ol engi don't have a 2nd weapon "sigh" other than kits, im currently rocking holosmith with sw/sh. If i join a group meta in HoT I prefer ranged, enough melee short to medium range spam to drive anyone mad lol. (retinal burn anyone?) So i just sit back where i can actually see what is going on and help revive those that need reviving and assist/support where needed.

I like any weapon I've built my build around. Some weapons arn't as effective as others in my builds, because way i trait up and build my armor setups.Some builds are actually potent with any weapon just depends what class you ask me about.Anyways have a merry christmas everyone.

Nothing has been more fun than hammer. Year 1 earthshakers in hammer trains was a blast (literally too). Guardian hammer 2 has a stupid wind-up and short leap but its good damage and a blast finisher so its alright. However, 3, 4, and 5 are a lot of fun on guardian hammer. Revenant hammer is just tons of burst damage and is a lot of fun on glass gear.

I find hammer to be nice for my guardian. Good sustain and damage overtime. Also the bow for dragonhunter works great in many situations. Aoe, knockback, keeping your distance to dodge better.

I also used to like double axes for warrior due to the strong finisher, spinning move and throwing axes, but the change to the mastered made it bit less viable for me.

Archived