When should we expect an actual nerf to Spellbreaker?

@Skary.8956The different rankings for different classes would be interesting but theyd also have to rework being able to swapping classes to manipulate what ranking of games youre in. I could queue as a necro that I placed in silver intentionally then swap to my main thats in plat once im in the game. That would be very bad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

You do.

And you would only make pvp worse by this, this aint thought through

Empty comment. Where is your argument? Where where where? I want an argument now?

Edited by Skary.8956
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

The nanosecond you buff Power Berserker everyone and their mother are gonna burn this forum down again. The devs seem content with keeping their foot on pBerserkers throats, so you are all safe for now.

Be very happy that you have Spellbreakers in it’s current iteration to contend with, because what warrior used to have brought nightmares to every Spvp players dreams.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

Its nice that staff got nerfed dont get me wrong but
Spellbreaker is still busted as ****
Dagger/Shield + GS or Hammer

I watched a high rank tournament recently 13 games in total - 22 Spellbreakers in total.
There was 1 game where there were no spellbreakers in the game.
Two additional teams did not take SB in their comp and played against SB and they both lost with 200-300 point difference.
My games also feel the same.
I'm just playing against SB over and over and over again. 
Some times it feels like if we are not meta builds we need 3 people to take down a single spellbreaker.
Balance Patch every 3 months does not cut it at all when you add that the team behind the pvp mode seems completely disconnected from the game.

Staff is still offering too much compared to other warrior weapons like GS due to its versatility. It has mobility, unblockables, healing, blocks, and still decent damage. The 2,3 and f1 skills should get another small heal nerf with heal coefficients going up for support classes. 

Also GS for warrior should get its cooldown reduction buff offered in Strength as baseline. It’s not extremely noticeable as a difference and the balance team is already moving in this direction. Also increase the power coefficient of 100b from 0.4 to 0.43, and the final strike from 1.0 to 1.1. This skill needs a rework in my opinion but for the time being giving it a little more power will let players know they should not ever wanna get hit by it.

In the future you could increase the range of the skill and show it in a box shape in front of the user while increasing slightly the casting speed. Would need fine tuning but something like that would make it feel more up to date with current gw2.

Arcing Slice should have its power coefficient go form 1.36 to 1.4

Bladetrail should always allow the blade to return even if there’s a wall or object behind the opponent.  This would allow for interesting gameplay where you could potentially bounce your weapon from behind your opponent to get more damage in close quarters (similar to whirlwind attack when in a closed off space) This skill also should get a rework to make it more interesting but for the time being giving it a very small boost would help out, as right now it doesn’t hit too hard and doesn’t offer enough.

These changes would be ways to bring it in line and compete with staff, as even after another set of nerfs it’ll be the obvious pick for warriors and we want to use other weapons just as much as yall do.

While it looks like there’s a lot of buffs to GS it wouldn’t amount to a huge amount of change, it would slightly nudge GS to be a little bit quicker if the player is pressing his/her buttons and do barely more damage that won’t be too noticeable but will feel right.

Edited by gmmg.9210
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

hey i got one

full counter shouldn't activate on any unblockable damage instead of just getting stopped by unblockable CC

lemme spam banish enchantment through it thanks

It isn't a block in function though, it just reduces the strike damage of the triggering effect to 0 damage, everything else about the triggering attack goes through.

@Lighter.5631 actually your right lol. The higher you get the less warriors you gonna see. Its not a noob stomper class for no reason ;P. Like im sitting in top 70 now and there are multiple Match ups where im the only one playing this class.... while there are Always Guardians or Rangers or at least 1 vindicator xd

• Like 2

@DivineDreaming.7206 it still stays strong and Always will be. Simply cause its a defensive weapon with Mobility and relatively good dmg. Also it fits the side node job simply perfect ^^

You kinda would have to complete Trash Nerf the weapon to make it non viable xd

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It isn't a block in function though, it just reduces the strike damage of the triggering effect to 0 damage, everything else about the triggering attack goes through.

I think, what he proposed is, that the unblockable goes right thru, not interacting with the fullcounter at all.

But then again.... Fullcounter aint a block.

Edited by Sahne.6950

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

But then again.... Fullcounter aint a block.

yeah thats cool u think i care?

spellbreaker deserves an infinitely worse fate than a banish enchantment not activating one of the best buttons in the entire game

1 minute ago, Shagie.7612 said:

yeah thats cool u think i care?

spellbreaker deserves an infinitely worse fate than a banish enchantment not activating one of the best buttons in the entire game

Dont get me wrong! i liked your idea^^

But then again... i dont think spellbreaker is all that crazy rn.    

Atleast not crazy enough to change FC that much.

Edited by Sahne.6950

@Langeball.9351 well i would not even "Nerf" it but instead Change it so it does dmg again? But then peops will cry even harder about it doing dmg again. In the end i think you can not rly nerf it without actually killin the whole e-spec xd

This been said ....... maybe juuust maybe you can simply make its CD slightly Higher to idk 10-12 Seconds instead of 8 ^^

Edited by Myror.7521

4 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

make its CD slightly Higher to idk 10-12 Seconds instead of 8 ^^

Waaaaaiiit..... im by no means a warrior expert..... but Fullcounter already has 12 seconds cooldown......  or am i trippin?!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Langeball.9351 well i would not even "Nerf" it but instead Change it so it does dmg again? But then peops will cry even harder about it doing dmg again. In the end i think you can not rly nerf it without actually killin the whole e-spec xd

This been said ....... maybe juuust maybe you can simply make its CD slightly Higher to idk 10-12 Seconds instead of 8 ^^

look i got nothing against you, but surely you have to realize the irony in your constant defense of warrior while also insisting that the things YOU personally think are overpowered actually are

but totally not warrior nah it in fact needs buffs

• Like 1