Do you use the sceptre?

Do you use the sceptre?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. I'd like to know what players think about it from a distance. And if you use it in which content.

• Yes
    • A little
    • No (what is this thing)

7 hours ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

Gotta wait a year or two before they give it shortbow treatment with 233% buffs.

I'd rather functionality changes though. It's plenty solid. The concept and implementation is just unsatisfying and even trashy. 
Autos should be ranged, wave-like cleaves, other two skills should be targeted AoE without needing ally targeting. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I'd rather functionality changes though. It's plenty solid. The concept and implementation is just unsatisfying and even trashy. 
Autos should be ranged, wave-like cleaves, other two skills should be targeted AoE without needing ally targeting. 

What would make me use it:

1) AA range of 600 (it'd probably be fun for blobs)
2) No line of sight needed to cast 2 and 3 or at least 2.

And even then I am not sure if it'd be worth it lmao

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

What would make me use it:

1) AA range of 600 (it'd probably be fun for blobs)
2) No line of sight needed to cast 2 and 3 or at least 2.

And even then I am not sure if it'd be worth it lmao

It currently does pull the results to be a "good" weapon. 

It's just functionally so trashy that using it gives you an aneurysm. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I used it a lot for a quick while on release. enjoyed using it with dif build in open pve on trash mobs. Actually, I like the look, and enjoy the 'potential' of what it could be.

Then I tried it in competitive and if falls over, unfortunately. Have not used it since in pve or competitive.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no purpose for it. Staff is more useful on the heal specs nearly all of the time. We pump more might than we know what to do with anyways. The tether skill is one THE most awkward skills in the game, I'd rather not go anywhere near it. All around insane fail of a weapon and it saddens me, would like to see it changed entirely.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Bdecki.7856 said:

There is no purpose for it. Staff is more useful on the heal specs nearly all of the time. We pump more might than we know what to do with anyways. The tether skill is one THE most awkward skills in the game, I'd rather not go anywhere near it. All around insane fail of a weapon and it saddens me, would like to see it changed entirely.

If it make players sad, it is  working as intended.

It is not a class favourited of  Anet,   they don't care then.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

If it make players sad, it is  working as intended.

It is not a class favourited of  Anet,   they don't care then.

The class has plenty of good things going for it, keep the discussion for the weapon serious and maybe you'll see some changes.

1 hour ago, Bdecki.7856 said:

keep the discussion for the weapon serious and maybe you'll see some changes.

Some of us care about the scepter even less than ANet. Guessing that we want changes is a bold assuption. Scepter main goal was making the mace worse, tha same as Vindicator goal was making Herald worse. They both had success at their goals, but unlike Vindi, which is playable and good, scepter is a waste of brain power.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 8:46 PM, Bdecki.7856 said:

The class has plenty of good things going for it, keep the discussion for the weapon serious and maybe you'll see some changes.

been there with many other players...  no feedback not even a "we will keep looking what can those issue be" from  Anet ...

The current state of the weapon even allies can "block" trough break loS with los the support skills... this sounds like priority fix  and since it was even a promoted new weapons..... that ended in a weapon with alot of problems and very weak outside pve.... this should be priority  in Anet work fix list and they are already late saying anything about the current state of the scpeter.

Most problematic are skills 2 and 3 they are very bad and more clunky than in the beta weapon event.

TDLR Anet did not listened to the players feedback lol... the problematic skills were released even worse state and the bugs were not fixed at all.

During the beta the barrier was broken a 10k barriers  and in pve perma 10k barrier super broken, but weapon had alot of issues, its release was just a "very nerfed" version but more clunky way to play and with all the problems/bugs specter had.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is extremely strong on heal herald, rene and vindi due to maintaining perma capped barrier & giving large chunks of might and fury.

For stuff like adps rene or qdps herald it is decent too. Less damage than gs or sword, but very nice to fit into stuff like "no heal comps" for fracs and strikes

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Virdo.1540 said:

It is extremely strong on heal herald, rene and vindi due to maintaining perma capped barrier & giving large chunks of might and fury.

For stuff like adps rene or qdps herald it is decent too. Less damage than gs or sword, but very nice to fit into stuff like "no heal comps" for fracs and strikes

May I ask in which game mode you use it? WvW, PvP, PvE (fractal, raid or just solo)

6 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

May I ask in which game mode you use it? WvW, PvP, PvE (fractal, raid or just solo)

pve.

WvW and PvP not available.

Even if numbers were buffed, It would still be really cluncky to get enough benefit in situations of need.

It needs to be reworked on a mechanical level and also not these low numbers in WvW and PvP. 

But I have rather they first rework it mechanically well made instead of this. Numbers are ez to adjust, it's harder to get the mechanical level right apparantly.

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

All of them are pve, except heal vindi in wvw. 
And in all modes in pve: OW, fracs, strikes, raids and solo/dungeons sometimes too

Edited by Virdo.1540

38 minutes ago, Virdo.1540 said:

All of them are pve, except heal vindi in wvw. 
And in all modes in pve: OW, fracs, strikes, raids and solo/dungeons sometimes too

How I would describe scepter "een grote flop"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

No, I haven't used it since it came out. I want to like it, but it just doesn't feel satisfying to play at all. Like others here have said, it needs to be a ranged weapon, not melee, and the skills need to be reworked to feel more fun and less restrictive to use. 

• Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Gazrul.3086 said:

No, I haven't used it since it came out. I want to like it, but it just doesn't feel satisfying to play at all. Like others here have said, it needs to be a ranged weapon, not melee, and the skills need to be reworked to feel more fun and less restrictive to use. 

jup, I don't see this coming patch any change added. So I really hope they fix the next big one..., new expansion with new weapons are coming and they haven't fixed this one even.

Compare it with the thief's scepter, which has almost the same function. I find that the thief's is much better in terms of damage and barrier, the only difference being that revenant is obliged to attack, whereas the thief can only do one or the other. But my preference would be for the thief's.

As for the repair, do they really have the will to modify it now that they've sold their extension, leaving a lot of frustrated players?

• Like 3