New PvP update

Seriously, ANet? NOW you care about us? After 6 years of abandonment? After you let us down? After 99% of playerbase left? At this point this update is a waste of everyones time...

You have to bring back real money tournaments, otherwise you will never recover playerbase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

(+1,000 power, +1,000 precision, +500 healing power, +500 ferocity)

(+1,000 power, +1,000 condition damage, +500 precision, +500 toughness)

Lol.. I get the feeling support lines are going to benefit alot here.. or its going to be the end of full support 😜 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

What does that new thing do? bc I don't use AC

It seems there will be different reticles to choose from. You can go from a dot to something like a square box to a cross hair in the center of your screen. It looks nda makes projectile weapons more fps like action camera mode.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, valakas.2376 said:

Seriously, ANet? NOW you care about us? After 6 years of abandonment? After you let us down? After 99% of playerbase left? At this point this update is a waste of everyones time...

You have to bring back real money tournaments, otherwise you will never recover playerbase.

Y'all truly are miserable and inconsolable, let them try 💀

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
90% less "pvp should die"
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

It seems there will be different reticles to choose from. You can go from a dot to something like a square box to a cross hair in the center of your screen. It looks nda makes projectile weapons more fps like action camera mode.

ohhh, I will ty it out just for how it looks, but for pvp I don't see me using it 😅

Posted (edited)

I don't care when they did the update, if it's years later. Why so negative? They updated PVP, so if they make the gamemode arise from now on, I'll be happy. Stop the toxic response and cheer if they finally start caring. If you comment here, like us, it's a sign you enjoy and care for PVP, so this is always good news for PVP future.

The update content is another topic (you only complained about the act of updating it). A pair of runes and amulets? Meh. Easier ascended stuff? Meh. At least I would have liked more to reduce marks cost instead of increasing mark gain. Everyone that played and got low amount of marks does not benefit from this retroactively. Rewards track potion and more karma? Meh. Coloured title? It's nice. I was gonna say "though I'll never get it, I'm just a silver", but I see it requires only winning 10000 matches, so with time I'll get to it. Automated tournament frequency? Okay. I'm super newb on tournament stuff so it's not my ground. I got a small smile with Djinn map change, good.

The mode maybe requires a lot other priority updates to insufle it more life? Maybe. But it's like the cosmetic inspection. At least for me it sounds too small, but they doing this and caring is the start of a good path to travel and It gives me hopes for more future updates.

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@DarkK.7368 actually 10k matches to win is like a lot... i am playing this Game since release (mainly PvP after 2 years beeing in the Game) and got that title only like 3 weeks ago xD. While been currently on PvP lvl 1011 

Well yes, it's a lot, but everyone can get it. It's not like, getting to gold or platinum or winning a mounthly tournamet, that literally feels unobtainable for me HAHAHAHAH But yeah, 10 years for the title... Now that you mention it, in 2-3 years (2093h, 87 days) I have 308 ranked victories... It would take +2700 more days! 64000+ hours... If I put, let's say, 2h a day, it's 90 years whaaat hashsahash It seems you have to dedicate A LOT of intense daily hours into PVP for this. I understand your 10 years. Holy heavens. CONGRATZ!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

ANet finally came home with the milk. 

After all the kids have grown up and moved out, but better 6 years late than never~

I'm 30 and I want that milk with my cocoa!!! Send it by Asura gate

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:23 AM, valakas.2376 said:

for what money tournament? cost money and noone wanted to view it in the past.  no interest = low viewers = no marketing partners who will pay for the money tournament.  

anet is profit company no social welfare organisation to give cash to some pc gamer kids lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roederich.2716 said:

for what money tournament? cost money and noone wanted to view it in the past.  no interest = low viewers = no marketing partners who will pay for the money tournament.  

anet is profit company no social welfare organisation to give cash to some pc gamer kids lol.

Agreed. It's really hard to make gw2 combat fun to watch without the viewers having good understanding of it, kinda the same reason why Overwatch e-sports are unwatchable for many

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Codename T.2847 said:

Agreed. It's really hard to make gw2 combat fun to watch without the viewers having good understanding of it, kinda the same reason why Overwatch e-sports are unwatchable for many

Force action camera for all competitors in the tournament!   That won't confuse folks at all 🙂

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Honestly thats a problem with most mmo pvp in general. Those games have so much going on visually with all the cooldowns and buffs/debuffs. I can see how it would be overwhelming for some new viewer.

No thats not true. The problem is that GW2 combat is so fast that you dont see whats happening. That plus the fact of having very small/thin character models + some animations being hard to notice or having too much particles makes GW2 a complete fiesta to watch a game. Even to play it, a semi experienced player can enter a pvp match and literally insta die not knowing what killed him, or i just watch a recent pvp video of a guy instant-teleport 8 times in less than 20 seconds, enjoy.

But the real problem of GW2 PvP is the pace, it is way too fast and it has too many skills to be that fast too. Non sucessfull PvP game has this problem.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

No thats not true. The problem is that GW2 combat is so fast that you dont see whats happening. That plus the fact of having very small/thin character models + some animations being hard to notice or having too much particles makes GW2 a complete fiesta to watch a game. Even to play it, a semi experienced player can enter a pvp match and literally insta die not knowing what killed him, or i just watch a recent pvp video of a guy instant-teleport 8 times in less than 20 seconds, enjoy.

But the real problem of GW2 PvP is the pace, it is way too fast and it has too many skills to be that fast too. Non sucessfull PvP game has this problem.

There are plenty of fast paced games that have had success for esports that have done better than any mmo I have ever seen

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I think it's an animation issue primarily. Big animations =/= big impact. For example Catalyst orb summon circle things summon the most GIANT celestial creatures. That field tics for 5 dmg... its all just visual clutter meanwhile Earth Shield 4, an unblockable AoE pull which is a very impactful skill,  looks the same as ES 2 block, barely any animation at all.

• Like 3