Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

15 hours ago, Quodaax.8370 said:

For the love of GOD, let us arrange our characters on the Character Selection screen the way we want to. HOW LONG have we been asking for this? I'll tell you how long. As of this post, we've been asking for 4,348 days.

I would also like to see say three or four lines where we could, if we chose, put individual characters into each line.   We could then have our own selections for each line - PvE, PvP, WvW, festival, crafters, etc.

Edited by Kiof.5710
typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

legendary.JPG.7f2fe1cd0c7e5e929fac493c909c387e.JPG

Look at the light blue text at the bottom half of the weapon. How is that not sufficient? What you are asking for is already there. You just have to actually read the item description.

I'm obviously not talking about those ones. those are obvious. iirc even triumphant armor from wvw legendary armor process doesn't say it's for the leggy armor. there are also a lot of random seeming minor items that are part of legendary process. the funniest one I rmbr is a clump of swamp moss (not that it's rare just an example), it just suggests you to charge it and it looks like random trash, but who would've thought it's actually part of ad infinitum? examples like that add up and don't offer u a chance to decide if you are interested in working on this since you have all these random parts of the process. anyway there are a lot of things that are missing it. I am asking for it to be on all your non purchaseable account bound special unique items that are part of legendaries so you don't mistakenly get rid of something you might need 

Edited by keyokku.5412
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2024 at 3:49 PM, keyokku.5412 said:

Please write legendary precursor item, or required for legendary, in item descriptions bc there are so many times i salvaged or discarded a specific item that is needed for legendaries before i decided to pursue something and i could've saved it if i had known

For each Generation 1 Legendary Weapon, there's an Achievement (in-game Hero Panel) that shows and keeps track of what one needs, such as this one:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Weapon:_Incinerator

• Like 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

For each Generation 1 Legendary Weapon, there's an Achievement (in-game Hero Panel) that shows and keeps track of what one needs, such as this one:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Weapon:_Incinerator

yes that's if you are pursuing ANY legendary and already looked up the recipes. I'm talking about all the unique items you might have missed because you weren't specifically looking to craft that legendary but decide to later. you could've already have come across  some of these items during ur regular play. and even been convinced to pursue getting a legendary bc you already have a few starting pieces.

asking for more legendary label text is not hard fix. it's not that big a deal. it will be helpful. nothing wrong with an extra bit of text.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Except, with those collection a notification pops up when you obtain one of the items needed. 

This is a relatively new addition to the game. 

Conversely, one can always check the Wiki before destroying/selling/salvaging/etc. items just to make sure.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

Please stop the "Type the item name to destroy" confirmation for:

Item skin and unlock items that cannot be sold to the trading post AND already have been unlocked to account.

I probably lost a few hundred of gold by mistakes I made when cleaning up my inventory. I selected a bunch of weapon/item skins. Most did automatically unlock but some did not. Because I had to type over the item name so many times I lost track and probably deleted items I should have unlocked or sold manually. This is totally my fault but it does not help that I often have to type over the item name as protection while it is not needed because that makes me stop paying attention to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Guild name change contracts. I will pay gems for this, just a like a character name change contract.

Would have to have restriction to only be used by guild leader though, overwise chaos, LOL! 😄

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Guild name change contracts. I will pay gems for this, just a like a character name change contract.

Would have to have restriction to only be used by guild leader though, overwise chaos, LOL! 😄

Why pay for something the CS Team will do for you for free?  🤦‍♂️

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013021194-Policy-Guild-Ownership-and-Name-Changes

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 2

"Non-holdable" weapons! I'm realising this game don't have them. Weapons that are not holded-grabbed with your hand, but are attached to your arm and are part of it. Some can be grabbed at the same time, but they remain attached to your arm or wrist. For example, "katar" weapon, that is a bit "grabbed", but the blade is like an extension of your arm. The Surge has a lot of weapons like these. It can work for almost all non-two-handed weapons (swords, daggers). Megaman cannon is an example of a non-grabbed-pistol, but imagine a non-cartoon design. Just a gun that is not grabbed, but is part of your own wrist-arm.

There is only one weapon I can recall. Koda's claw. It's a dagger skin that cannot be obtained but can be seen in the wardrobe. And it's exactly what I mean. It's "grabbed", but the blade itself is attached to the wrist-arm itself, and the weapon is a part of yourself. The weapon *is* your new hand, instead of being something your hand holds.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ShatteredStars.6548 said:

I would really love a trading post rep near the crafting stations in lions arch, i always have to stop what I'm doing to go run to the tp in the middle of the map if i need materials, thanks if you do this.

I'm afraid making this less convenient than gemstore "passes" is exactly the point here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

You need an option to not see things like the bikini skin. Wandering around the maps and finding characters fighting with bikinis as armor is terrifying, it breaks any sense of immersion. Do you want to put stuff like that to make money? Ok. Does anyone want to use it? Ok. But don't force everyone to see it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

The ability to reorder weapon skills would be really useful.

For example, playing Boon DPS mesmer, using Greatsword and Dagger/Sword. I would like to be able to move either Greatsword 4 or Sword 5 so they are on the same key. Then all of the skills would line up. Right now, clones are (2) on both, AOE is (3) on both, but the Phantasm is different.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A novelty to aid in screenshots and fashion-wars.  It would serve the same purpose as an irl streamer's ring light but the light source would be invisible so that it does not obscure the view or create more visual clutter.
I thought about how the character creation screen and the makeover kits have their own light source.  Whether this is from the proximity or the angle of this light source, the makeover lighting is always much more flattering than the ambient light in-game.  If Anet would be so kind as to bottle this and sell it, I would buy.
It is a bit of a pain to try and find braziers or lanterns to pose next to.  proper light sources aren't close to the usual social hangouts in game.

Bonus points if we can emote or have skills on the novelty to make us pose.  Draw weapon, weapon idle, regular idle, some other pose. 
Bonus points if we can change the color of the light coming from the novelty: orange-red, blue-green, yellow, white.
Bonus points if we can move the light source up, down, and behind us.

The purpose is to be able look fabulous as we socialize.  
A novelty may not be the best way to implement this.  Allowing the light to move with us would be nice, but placing a stationary light and moving around it would also be useful.

I cannot stress enough how important it is that the light source itself be invisible. no black dot, no radiant nexus of blinding light, no torch on a stick.
Teleporting me to some personal instance isn't helpful to me, I want to see and be seen.  I want other players to be able to see how the light reflects on the various metals and cloth that I am wearing.  
If the light sources only affect their user that is fine, if that is not possible I wouldn't mind being able to mix light colors with adjacent fashionistas. 

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Zeno Iagara.8540 said:

(Yes an old request)  There are a lot of story locked maps, please make them available when one character on an account has "opened" them.

Let me try help you, or atleast clarify your request. 

Which maps in specific are you referring to?

There are instant travel tomes you Can aquire in every xpac in order to fast travel with other characters.

If you mean certain small maps, such as the white mantle library or golden city in lws3...

They are only story relevant, and there's nothing more you can do there after that.

There are many other similar maps with similar layouts.

Unless, there is something in specific you want to go there for, such as a photoshoot, or a strategy guide, there's no reason whatsoever for you to go back there.

But I'm just trying to help through speculation. 

You need to be more specific, in which maps you mean.

At the moment, I can't think of anywhere you can go, apart from boss battles, such as modremoth battle.

That's one.

Or the bit in PoF, you have to fight the hunger like monster to escape the underworld.

That's two.

There are probably more, but as I said. 

Why would you want to go there?

I explored modremoths battle map, and there's nothing there. 

Yes, there is a way you can get in, if you know how. 

But all you see is vines and chasm.

There are no monsters to fight, or nothing to gain from it, except the short temp adrenaline to go behind and under a map.

Silverwastes golden city is one of them.

But you'll get bored after 5 minutes, and all you'll satisfy is mere curiosity 😉 

I don't believe ANet are about to touch all them secret areas that are only story relevant and start adding npcs and treasures there.

They are really old stuff now.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Please, give breakbar to boss monologues in the future

I mean, seriously, when the bad guy start monologuing, all of us just want to shoot them. Give them a break bar so we can CC them and stop their monologues!

Plus achievements for /sleeping, /laughing at monologues and interrupting them. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Hello,  my request is for the cats/animals in our home instance.  I know there's the cat toy to play with them, but what I'm requesting is different.  When my adorable snow leopard cub comes running up to me, I would like to pet them and see the love hearts appear around them 🥰.  Perhaps we could have an "interact" button that gives us choices in the skill bar, like "pet", "play fetch", etc.?  Or display other fun cat traits (there are so many!) like swatting you if they don't want to be petted.  Also, it would be nice to interact with them when I use the Endless Mystery Cat Tonic.  Please consider.  Thank you.  

Edit:  Thank you very much for the "pet" interaction with the home cats!  It made my day! 🥰😍☺️ 

Understandable that the black cats were too busy fighting to be petted. 😆  I will continue to quietly hope for an interaction with my snow leopard cub.🙂

Edited by jezebel.7054
To say thank you!
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1