Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

On 9/3/2024 at 1:02 AM, Avelione.6075 said:

The option for "Do not show this message again." when crafting (at least when refining items for my homestead at Hearth's Glow) RESETS every time I log out from the game! By the love of gods! Either make it work to not show EVER again or just remove it all together or I'm going to go crazy next time while working on decorations for this oh so lovely homestead! Do you think players have that bad memory??🤪

Aaaah!

I'm not playing until this option is fixed! it's just abysmal to have something that essential not working properly. Unless someone in dev team enjoys tormenting players with petty kitten like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I am begging, pleading, for the new frog mini to be muted when player item effects is turned off in options. Hearing that thing ribbit constantly, especially with multiple players having it equipped, is torture. The entire point of the turn off player item effects is to turn off player item effects. I am being driven insane since its new and everyones using it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The title of this suggesstion is Usable Miniature Pets.

Hi there!!

I recently purchased Janthir Wilds and I've always enjoyed GW2.

I have two accounts in fact, one on Steam, and one on Arena.Net.

I have Era of Dragoons, Janthir Wilds, and Secrets of the Obscure on my Steam account where I main a Fireball Mesmer Virtuoso.

I have Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns on my Arena.Net account that I started way back in 2016 approximately.

The reasons why I say this, is I've always enjoyed the game and I intend on spending more money on it in the future.

My recommendation, as the title of this email implies, is the Miniature Pets + Usable Features. I play on my Necromancer occasionally and I seen that the summoned monsters, (besides the shadow fiend), are lame, no offense. I am hoping that you could improve the game by allowing us to choose the skins for our Necromancer summons, according to the miniature pets that we have unlocked. I believe that this would Revamp the way we see Summoners(for example the giant shadow fiend in Queensdale instead of a flesh golem) and allow for a plethora of unique character development.

If you could pass this suggestion around in the game developers minds and the graphic design team, and possibly add a dollar to the development of the project our player based community would speak about how much they love this new addition to the game.

I have also been doing surveys for the Miniature Pets becoming usable in summoners spell books, for example, Necromancer has Devil Dogs and then can swap Fire Nova in for Chilling Nova. Kind of like having an elemental attunement for your Character.
* I also seen that Ranger Spirits and Mesmer Phantasms could use these as well. Looks at Engineer turrets and Elementalist summons *blinks*.

Everyone agrees with me.

* That would be approximately $110 spent on expansions and I plan on purchasing some gems for inventory expansion as well.

I expect these changes some time during the Janthir Wilds Expansion.

Thank you!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

- Back item cosmetics should not disappear when we pop our gliders. Some back skins match gliders, in those cases it's fine and looks reasonable but we should be able to mix and match.

- Characters looking at what they're targeting, not just client side and more consistent.

- Cosmetics templates, so we can istantly apply a look(Provided we have Legendaries OR enough Transmutation charges) at a set of equipment. Basically how FFXIV does glam plates.

- Female/Male version toggle for outfits and skins, for both male and female characters.

- Being able to use all weight categories for all classes when it comes to skins.

- Characters hold pistols in a way that makes their hands look limp. Could you straighten them up(No pun intended)? A good example is female characters(BladeSworn in my case) holding OH pistol. It just looks wrong, the angle that is. Like my hand is about to fall off or lose my grip on the pistol. Doesn't make sense.

- The animated cat ears and tail from the Adventurous Cat outfit should have been respectively helmet and shoulder skins, and not part of an outfit. We already have Elf ears. The reason I'd not make the tail a back skin, is because then it would disappear when gliding. Which BTW should change so back cosmetics don't disappear when gliding.

- When are we separating the rebel long boots from the weird, never asked for, trousers they enforce on us?

• Like 3

Would like to thank you for the good job on this expansion. 

I first thought that housing didn't interested me at all, but you got me very interested after I've seen what you've done with the place.

Especially when we can hang around with all our own characters.

I must admit... I like it... I like it a lot.

Which leads me to my request:

ANet. You're half way there to add helpers to dungeons and private instances in story mode or otherwise.

You've done it, that's half the way .

We're almost there... all you need to do is, when we press follow on our characters, the ones we chose (up to a certain limit) they go with us to any private instance we go to, and fight alongside us.

Weldone ANet.

Really well-done. 

Please finish off this so long desired dream of mine and few others.

Fulfill our needs to have our favourite cosplay characters fight together.

Many, many thanks.

Edit:

By the way, can you add the same options to follow/stay to the character that's mounted on the raptor?

So it will dismount and follow you.

Thanks.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Allow assigning a keybind exported file to a build tab so that other keybinds can be loaded depending on a specific build.

We should probably also be able to set the default keybinds so that if no specific keybind file is specified, the default keybindings will be used.  

• Like 1

I'd like an update to the filters for the achievement section if possible. Currently we have Add/Remove AP Filter, Add/Remove Rewards Filter, Add/Remove Mastery Point Filter with subsections for expansions, Add/Remove Title filter.  The primary filter I'd like added would be some sort of way to filter the collections tab specifically Legendary Weapons subsection and the 0 AP achievements for making the associated weapon. If you unlock too far into those collections by going for other weapons or certain things they force themselves into the nearly completed section making it impossible to see other achievements, you might want in those areas and aren't easily removed or hidden by the current filters we have without removing other sections such as daily strike and fractals.

If anyone reads and does work on this, thanks for your time and consideration.

Edit: A (Possible?) fix could be classifying these achievements as repeatable, as repeatable achievements with no achievement points attached and given an infinity header  such as: Eternal Protector of the Beacon of Ages and Garenhoff won't show up in the nearly section even if at 9/10.

Edited by Vergil Huragok.3967
  • Confused 2

"Woad Light Armor" is one of those rare sets that actually fit Sylvari theme and shape so well that it's criminal that there isn't a medium and heavy variant that looks exactly like it. Can you make this version universal cuz it's just too good to be light only? Sylvari are in dire need of more 'planty' armor (even tho it's probably feathers). ~and to do so without linking the top and bottom halves together with medium.

https://i.imgur.com/44osMBg.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like to request quality of life changes to the Engineer Turret and Gyro lines.

Gyro:  I think the main skills are in a great place but I'd like to see a change to the tool belt skills.  I'd like to see these reworked to be a little bit like the scourge sand shades.  Each toolbelt skills places down a gyro with a minor landing effect which they stays around and "pulses" when its main power is used.  I feel like this would restore the original functionality of placing gyro's around the field as little well drones while keeping the great unique mobile wells.

Turrets:  The place down and pick up functionality is not great in an increasingly fast game.  Several turrets effectively have to put down and immediately picked up against many foes whom have any sort of movement pattern and undermines the intuitive game-play pattern of a turret.

There are many potential solutions to this, and I would be for a more expansive redesign but I think a simple and quick one would be to remove the place and pickup functionality with something akin to the landmine functionality.  Make all turrets a ranged AoE place effect such as we see with supply crate and have the cool down start in the background immediately, rather than starting the cool down when the turret is picked-up/destroyed.

Like with Gyro I would love to see the tool-belt skill connected to its turret, like triggering a special attack from the turret (similar to the mechanist's rocket fist) or having an enhanced effect when the turret is present on the board.
-------------------------------------
I know this is highly, highly unlikely but I have to say, it would be amazing if your turrets looked different based on your specialization.  A gyro like skin for scrapper, a holographic skin for holosmith and jade tech skin for mechanist, or something like that, so they looked more inline with your elite spec.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 4:13 AM, Isopod.4156 said:

I am begging, pleading, for the new frog mini to be muted when player item effects is turned off in options. Hearing that thing ribbit constantly, especially with multiple players having it equipped, is torture. The entire point of the turn off player item effects is to turn off player item effects. I am being driven insane since its new and everyones using it.

The various jade bot minis are even worse. And yes, I, too, would love to be able to mute all those. 👍

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Would like achievements for:

• Each profession spear use - 1000 like we got with SoTo weapons
  • Each weapon collection like moon and ursa and Seprents in Janthir Wilds

Would also like more appropriate AP vlaues for achievements. 1 point for a JP or a gold on adventure is very harsh.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Kris Knives.8513 said:

I'd like to request quality of life changes to the Engineer Turret and Gyro lines.

Gyro:  I think the main skills are in a great place but I'd like to see a change to the tool belt skills.  I'd like to see these reworked to be a little bit like the scourge sand shades.  Each toolbelt skills places down a gyro with a minor landing effect which they stays around and "pulses" when its main power is used.  I feel like this would restore the original functionality of placing gyro's around the field as little well drones while keeping the great unique mobile wells.

Turrets:  The place down and pick up functionality is not great in an increasingly fast game.  Several turrets effectively have to put down and immediately picked up against many foes whom have any sort of movement pattern and undermines the intuitive game-play pattern of a turret.

There are many potential solutions to this, and I would be for a more expansive redesign but I think a simple and quick one would be to remove the place and pickup functionality with something akin to the landmine functionality.  Make all turrets a ranged AoE place effect such as we see with supply crate and have the cool down start in the background immediately, rather than starting the cool down when the turret is picked-up/destroyed.

Like with Gyro I would love to see the tool-belt skill connected to its turret, like triggering a special attack from the turret (similar to the mechanist's rocket fist) or having an enhanced effect when the turret is present on the board.
-------------------------------------
I know this is highly, highly unlikely but I have to say, it would be amazing if your turrets looked different based on your specialization.  A gyro like skin for scrapper, a holographic skin for holosmith and jade tech skin for mechanist, or something like that, so they looked more inline with your elite spec.

I recently posted a suggestion called Petition for Specific Player Updates and Developer Tools.

If I could get you to comment your vote of approval on it from the viewpoint of an engineer, I would have almost all of the classes approvals.

Thank you!!

• Confused 1

I'd absolutely love to see janthir Renown Tokens go to wallet instead of inventory.
And also (maybe more bug fix than QOL?) would be a nice change if the Greater Kodan Chests didn't start showing as unopened Kodan Caches on the map/Sniff after we've opened the chest. ❤️

• Like 1

On 9/4/2024 at 2:48 PM, Vicious Fix.5961 said:

[Feature Request] - Consolidate Travel Items
GW2 has grown significantly over the years with each expansion and living world season. Over time there have been multiple types of items introduced that improve travel around the world.  Some of these items would be

• Season 3 Portal Tome
  • Season 4 Portal Tome
  • Icebrood Saga Portal Tome
  • Arborstone Portal Scroll
  • Wizard's Tower Teleportation Scroll
  • Noble's Folly Pass
  • Thousand Seas Pavilion Pass
  • Exalted Portal Stone

I am sure there are more. Seven of these items I keep in my shared inventory slots at all times. It would seem that as GW2 has grown that it might be time for a new item that can consolidate all these items into one. I would guess that there will be even more items as time goes on. The players could really use the quality-of-life change.

Devs - Thank you for your time in reading this.

Totally agree, my Shared Inventory slots are also full of these Portal Scrolls, and Teleportation devices.
We need one Scroll to Rule them All!

• Like 3

todays suggestion is one i've bought up several times over the years, spruce up the racial skills!

they haven't been touched in 12 years!

unroot the rooted transform skills (such as Maul and Gatling Fists)

increase damage of racial attacks to sit a little below current levels (so while still not optimal, racials would atleast be somewhat viable)

then sort out the kitten durations and cooldowns!!! these racial things aren't competitive with normal specs anyway so i see no reason not to allow us to use them much more often!

for example turn Charrzooka into a Kit that charr can freely switch too,

allow norns to remain in their animal forms for as long as they choose and give the form a short cooldown upon exiting,

same with Asura, allow Asura to stay in their power suit permanently, with a small cooldown if you leave,

and as for elite skill companion racials like Sylvari Hound and Asura Golems allow them to remain until killed.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Make it so that while using the Endless Warclaw Kitten Tonic, you can at least JUMP, please! I love using the Skyscale tonic, because I can jump around and even FLY (glide, but there is a proper wing animation, so it's great)! It's very expensive for it to only be able to walk/run and NOTHING else. There is obviously already animations for the Warclaw movements like jumping, so why isn't it possible?

• Like 2

I know this is a small thing, but it would be really nice to be able to change the music in our homesteads. We can already get MOX to play GW1 music (one piece at a time), but a system like in guild halls with various playlists - or even better, if there were a way to create a custom playlist of in-game music, maybe even with zone music as an unlock from those zones/encounters - that could be set to replace the default BGM would be nice to see added at some point.

• Like 3

Hi Alll

Good morning/afternoon/evening .

Wherever you are. 

As you know, the characters you leave in your homestead when you log off, will remain there.

So when you log in with a different character, you can get those characters to follow you, or order them to wait.

This is cute, for a little while, but since they can't do anything else for the time being, and I don't know if any other functions will be added to them in future updates, I'm requesting this, exactly on the basis of the lack of knowledge on what's to come for future Janthir updates.

1. The characters that you choose to follow you around the homestead, will appear in story private instances, solo dungeons, and similar.

They will use the weapons, gear, etc, as is, at the time you left them there in homestead.

2. Create activities in homestead for them to do.

For instance, if you start fishing, the ones following you will start fishing too.

Whatever they catch, goes in your inventory.

3. Create a dialogue editor in homestead, so each one of your characters will say something you can choose, everytime you interact with them, including the baloon pop up.

For instance:

You want one of your guardians to say "It's tough being a leader... especially with soldiers such as you lot."

Or your ranger to say:

"You can predict your prey's next move, but you can never predict what a thief is going to do next."

Or whatever you really want them to say.

You can change this at any time.

Other dialogue you can add to them:

If you walk around for a long time:

"How much longer are we going to walk around in circles?"

"I've got blisters on my feet."

Or if you're idle for a long time:

"Let's get a move on."

"I'm falling asleep here."

"Come on, are we going to do this or what?"

4. Some other things you could add in homestead is getting all your characters to play games, which also other players can join.

For instance:

Add a pvp arena, a racing track, etc.

5. Ranger pet companion menagerie. 

This is the perfect time to add all your tamed ranger pets in your homestead.

That way, if you create more rangers, you can just pop in your homestead and tame the ones you want for that new ranger, provided that they have been tamed at least once.

You can even get our characters staying in homestead to feed and play with pets as you login.

6. Last but not least.

Please add the options to follow to the character that is mounted on the raptor.

I know that right now is not such a big deal, since they don't do anything else but follow you around.

But if you decide in yhe future to integrate any of the requests, or actually already have some coming out with next update anyways.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Looking fowards to future content.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Quality of life suggestion - I would like to be able to refresh some of the trades for refined homestead materials  throughout the week.  I could see this being similar to other mechanics where, once you hit the cap on a specific item, IE mithril for refined metal, then it will refresh but with a different cost.  such as 1 mithril for 1 refined metal, then 2 mithril for 1 refined metal, then 3 -1 ... etc.  The current weekly limit on total trades could remain but this would allow for large stores of material to be used more quickly and lessen the wait for refined materials.  Another option could be to use Ursus Obliges to purchase a weekly refresh.  

quality of life suggestion:  i would like there to be a better use for globs of dark matter.  After running fractals and raids for a while i have over 1k globs or dark matter and no use for them.  When ascended equipment released, globs of dark matter appeared as a more difficult to acquire equivalent to the ecto, and used for a higher tier of item.  Currently the only use for globs of dark matter is for ascended gear or limited weekly trades for astral fluctuating mass.  Due its more limited use, and not even being needed for legendary items, its value has greatly diminished.  Ideally i would like to see them be able to be converted to ectos, or even used in place of ectos for things like amalgamated rift essences, or legendary crafting.  Obtaining ascended gear has also become easier over the years from many vendors and other trade options, reducing the need for globs of dark matter even more.  The lack of uses for dark matter is made even more apparent once a legendary item is crafted as they make ascended gear of that type obsolete and eliminating the need for multiple armor/weapon sets.  Additionally, ascended gear is not even needed for end game content other than fractals tier 2-4.