Next up for nerfs

Condi reaper. Nerf its cc. That or do something so it doesnt have like 50k hp that you have to burn down 2-3 times every fight.

Cata. Way too many boons, too much energy for spamming jade sphere. Nerf aoe on jade sphere.

Tempest. Nerf aura sharing. Cut aura duration in half or something if you take the trait.

Chrono. Nerf chaotic transference, same as tempest cut the aura duration in half or something. Nerf Temporal Anchor or whatever gives them so much superspeed. Make F4 invuln channelled (or delete it again lol).

Thief. Take your pick: Reveal on whiffing stealth attacks. Reveal if your attack is reflected and hits you. Nerf shadows rejuvenation for black powder stealth/blind spam. Nerf deaths retreat range, nerf deaths advance stealth duration. Delete silent scope. Just dont do something dumb like increase initiative costs again. That doesnt solve anything.

Guard. Nerf Renewed Focus. Or maybe buff it. Just remove the channel so its like mes. That seems fair.

Ranger. Nerf smoke cloud. idc what. Nerf its cooldown, its duration, radius, or just delete it. Remember how removing smokescale cc was going to make it useless? Guess that wasnt true.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

My new hate right now is Guardian's Peacekeeper from MH Pistol. 

6s CD 5 stack Burning that has 5 target limit and 900 range. Also has rather decent Power coefficients and right now has no competitive split at all. Jesus christ might as well set fire to Rata Sum again while you're at it. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

My new hate right now is Guardian's Peacekeeper from MH Pistol. 

6s CD 5 stack Burning that has 5 target limit and 900 range. Also has rather decent Power coefficients and right now has no competitive split at all. Jesus christ might as well set fire to Rata Sum again while you're at it. 

tip: move a lot around it. It malfunctions and the closer you are and move around them, the higher it start going everywhere but on you.

I made a few of these last night a light show concert everywhere when he used it 😂, it went haywire

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

Condi reaper. Nerf its cc. That or do something so it doesnt have like 50k hp that you have to burn down 2-3 times every fight.

Could actually go for some of this, if they pop shroud one usually has to burn 2-3 more rotations of damage to take it down. Absurdly tanky at times.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

@ all the necro complaints.

Yall realize that you are not supposed to Burst down the shroud?

You are correct though honestly it depends on a case by case basis.

If someone just enters fresh shroud and they have full utilities and large health pool, you naturally won't think to burst shroud. That's suicide and a waste. 
But if I'm fighting a prolonged fight, burnt their heal, hurt them badly, they enter a 75% HP shroud, I'm definitely going for the burst to down them immediately when they fall out of shroud because not doing so is ALLOWING THEM TO BUY TIME for their heal skill and utilities to recharge. 

Again, case by case. If their team is near, just back off. If my team is near, we can gank and down the Necro easy peasy once shroud is burst. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

You are correct though honestly it depends on a case by case basis.

If someone just enters fresh shroud and they have full utilities and large health pool, you naturally won't think to burst shroud. That's suicide and a waste. 
But if I'm fighting a prolonged fight, burnt their heal, hurt them badly, they enter a 75% HP shroud, I'm definitely going for the burst to down them immediately when they fall out of shroud because not doing so is ALLOWING THEM TO BUY TIME for their heal skill and utilities to recharge. 

Again, case by case. If their team is near, just back off. If my team is near, we can gank and down the Necro easy peasy once shroud is burst. 

This is obviously right.

At some point you have to attack the remaining Shroud to finish the fight.

But generally speaking..... the last thing you wanna do, when someone pops shroud, is unleashing your whole damage into the shroud.

popping a defense, waiting for the stabi from shroud3 to run out, and then CC-Rofl-combo, forcing him to leave shroud is usually the way to go.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

So you just let them have free reign?

Shroud in my experience lasts a good bit and unless you have every stunbreak on standby or are playing a hyper mobile profession your not going to get away from one that easily.

Also, with Necros double stacking every team ive come across its difficult to not encounter this issue more and more. 

I dont mind a profession being tanky, but that should come at the expense of damage or utility and your average Reaper player has access to all of it. Albeit to a much lesser degree then the disgusting previous busted S-tier profession builds.

Its a little frustrating is all. And there is a reason that every comp has a Harbringer or a Reaper in ther lineup. Hell, even core Necros are quite good in Spvp.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

So you just let them have free reign?

Shroud in my experience lasts a good bit and unless you have every stunbreak on standby or are playing a hyper mobile profession your not going to get away from one that easily.

Also, with Necros double stacking every team ive come across its difficult to not encounter this issue more and more. 

I dont mind a profession being tanky, but that should come at the expense of damage or utility and your average Reaper player has access to all of it. Albeit to a much lesser degree then the disgusting previous busted S-tier profession builds.

Its a little frustrating is all. And there is a reason that every comp has a Harbringer or a Reaper in ther lineup. Hell, even core Necros are quite good in Spvp.

I dont let them have free reign..  idk what to tell you... but this is 100% how you beat a reaper.  Most builds have some sort of block they can channel, while they wait out the stabi on 3, and then quickly follow it up with a CC to completly screw the reaper.    Whatever you are playing...Look closely in your build... i am sure there is something that makes this possible.

On ele, i literally swap water, use the focus 4 to apply 3 seconds chill, then i turn around and run.....  Stabi runs out.... and then i CC.... wait till he leaves shourd... AND THEN I BURST.    Even this poopy chill is enough to pull it off....   Pretty much every build has something to do that.   Just gotta pull to mind that you can actually do it.   A single chill is usually enough to start kiting.

You are saying that reaper has no drawback, but reaper actually has 2 drawbacks.

The first one is mobility.   Applying Cripple/chill/yada yada, and holding down your W key, usually does the trick when you want to kite a reaper in shroud.

And the second one is that they have no Full damagemitigation. Unlike pretty much every other profession, they have no acces to blocks or invulns, which makes them VERY susceptible to being focused.  Which is why you pretty much always wanna focus the necro in a teamfight.

Do not get me wrong, i have no intent of arguing with you over this! What you are saying is true, just as much as what i am saying!  Noone said its easy to pull off. ^^

But knowing how, makes playing this matchup alot easier.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I dont let them have free reign..  idk what to tell you... but this is 100% how you beat a reaper.  Most builds have some sort of block they can channel, while they wait out the stabi on 3, and then quickly follow it up with a CC to completly screw the reaper.    Whatever you are playing...Look closely in your build... i am sure there is something that makes this possible.

On ele, i literally swap water, use the focus 4 to apply 3 seconds chill, then i turn around and run.....  Stabi runs out.... and then i CC.... wait till he leaves shourd... AND THEN I BURST.    Even this poopy chill is enough to pull it off....   Pretty much every build has something to do that.   Just gotta pull to mind that you can actually do it.   A single chill is usually enough to start kiting.

You are saying that reaper has no drawback, but reaper actually has 2 drawbacks.

The first one is mobility.   Applying Cripple/chill/yada yada, and holding down your W key, usually does the trick when you want to kite a reaper in shroud.

And the second one is that they have no Full damagemitigation. Unlike pretty much every other profession, they have no acces to blocks or invulns, which makes them VERY susceptible to being focused.  Which is why you pretty much always wanna focus the necro in a teamfight.

Do not get me wrong, i have no intent of arguing with you over this! What you are saying is true, just as much as what i am saying!  Noone said its easy to pull off. ^^

But knowing how, makes playing this matchup alot easier.

I'll keep this in mind for my next encounter, thank you.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You can make reaper waste its shroud by kiting every single time. They still are tanky and if you get weakness on you then you arent going to do anything to them. But my main point was they have too much really strong cc. 3 ranged/aoe stuns that they can always chain together. Instant cast fear in shroud to set it up. Non stop chill,  additional cc from their offhand, staff.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised when the "Nerf Ele" Threads are next....

If you dont think cata is really strong then I dont know what to say. And yes I know tempest isnt meta, thats not what this post is about. Sharing shocking, mag, frost aura is extremely degenerate gameplay.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

28 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

What do people think about power mirage? I really don't know if its just l2p issues on my part, but no matter what, if a mirage jumps me, its the only spec where im runing for los cover.

Power Mirage is one of the most balanced and fair pvp classes and has been for quite some time.

Limited access to sustain & condi cleanse, plus all of their defense is active, meaning if they're lagging, or their timing is off, they will die. Furthermore, they have to sacrifice defense to attack, i.e their ambushes requiring a dodge to use.

They are tricky to play against yes, but easily shut down by it's counters which include Thief/Holo/Ranger/WB/Ele/Any pvp build condi variant

Cripple/Chilled/Immob absolutely destroy Mirages especially since immob means they can't dodge anymore now.  If a Mirage wants to spec for more sustain they have to either give up dueling or domination, which you can't actually do because there goes all your utility or damage depending on which trait line you give up.

I THINK there is an illusion/dueling/mirage spec floating around somewhere but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the domi/dueling variant.

This is all for spvp, for WvW I have no idea as I do not play that game mode. For sPvP I have over 2k ranked matches as Mirage though.

A lot of mirages will go dagger now too, so any projectile hate can stop all that noise. If they're power and are going greatsword, then honestly the best time to pressure them is when they are on greatsword. GS has only one defensive ability, illusionary wave, a point blank frontal cone AOE knockback. If they whiff that, they are free food more or less just don't let them free cast and don't stack together.

If they are still giving you trouble then just learn to dodge better no shade. I have reached plat+ on one dodge mirage so it's definitely possible.

• Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Power Mirage is one of the most balanced and fair pvp classes and has been for quite some time.

Limited access to sustain & condi cleanse, plus all of their defense is active, meaning if they're lagging, or their timing is off, they will die. Furthermore, they have to sacrifice defense to attack, i.e their ambushes requiring a dodge to use.

They are tricky to play against yes, but easily shut down by it's counters which include Thief/Holo/Ranger/WB/Ele/Any pvp build condi variant

Cripple/Chilled/Immob absolutely destroy Mirages especially since immob means they can't dodge anymore now.  If a Mirage wants to spec for more sustain they have to either give up dueling or domination, which you can't actually do because there goes all your utility or damage depending on which trait line you give up.

I THINK there is an illusion/dueling/mirage spec floating around somewhere but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the domi/dueling variant.

This is all for spvp, for WvW I have no idea as I do not play that game mode. For sPvP I have over 2k ranked matches as Mirage though.

A lot of mirages will go dagger now too, so any projectile hate can stop all that noise. If they're power and are going greatsword, then honestly the best time to pressure them is when they are on greatsword. GS has only one defensive ability, illusionary wave, a point blank frontal cone AOE knockback. If they whiff that, they are free food more or less just don't let them free cast and don't stack together.

If they are still giving you trouble then just learn to dodge better no shade. I have reached plat+ on one dodge mirage so it's definitely possible.

I think I need to duel them a lot more youre right. I just don't find it a very fun duel, either daze locked, retargeting, are waiting out invuln.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

wait out the stabi on 3, and then quickly follow it up with a CC to completly screw the reaper.

Good reapers dont wait for you to do this. If you use a teleport or leap to get away they dont just sit in shroud holding w. They immediately swap back to pistol or staff or they los and kite your burst.

On ele, i literally swap water, use the focus 4 to apply 3 seconds chill, then i turn around and run.....  Stabi runs out.... and then i CC.... wait till he leaves shourd... AND THEN I BURST. 

Like... if this is the average reaper fight for you then no wonder you think they are easy. You can do this on core staff ele if they are this predictable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2