BLUE TEXTURES - Persistant RAM issues in WvW

Every  50v50v50 3 way in center castle, textures start to fall out of RAM and are replaced with BLUE EVERYWHERE. The longer the fight goes, the more textures fail. Trees, skills, icons, the map, anything and everything starts to turn blue.

Why does GW2 still cap at 4GB ram again? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'll let the pros hash out the details, it's jsut when skills on my bar turn into blue squares it becomes unplayable and the high population moments when it happens is exactly when a wvw map queue prevents a client restart to fix it.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Simplest answer probably then: delete gw2.dat, start the launcher normally. It will redownload everything (50gb+ so keep that in mind). If it happens for people after a patch, it’s either a bug (ie pointless to argue about, submit a bug report) or the files have become wonky after repeated patches. Many weird faults can be fixed by a redownload. Official method is a “repair”.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

Yup have been seeing more reports of this and seeing it as well. Checking resources in use and PC is hardly stressing. Its also seeming like the glider issue where its not always the same numbers but certain groups. Larger fights and can have no issues. Haven't found the pattern yet.

Having the same issue and was believing it is a GPU issue, but the temperature was ok and no other game had something similar. Not that I dislike blue guards and blue AOE but it's disturbing.

Posted (edited)

I've only been having blue lines making outlandish rifts along the usual map geometry, like hills and trees etc, but beyond that nothing else crazy happens. As for the specs I'm literally playing gw2 on a lenovo thinkpad laptop so that might have something to do with it xD

Edited by Codename T.2847
edit: didn't start last patch, been going on for months

Posted (edited)

I've had the blue effect happen once for me in WvW too since the last patch. The game client froze when I closed it too (and I've had the game client freeze once since without the blue effect).

The game client has never frozen on closing before for me (to my recollection) so there's likely a bug (or possibly it's running out of memory but arguably that is also a bug in that Anet will need to find a fix).

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Flags started turning blue checkered for me in WvW within last few patches.  

Nothing else blue yet, not windows or doors, or houses.  

It's more all the terrain under a group turns blue and the map is gone if you open it up. What's weird is its not a matter of numbers since you won't see the same in equal sized fights. So haven't ID'd the what yet. Though at the same time skill lag is normal to suddenly everyone is reporting it's moved to 1-3 sec latency and ping rates sky rocket for various people. Making me ponder visiting the other forums for third party releases that might be the issue.