If You Had to Delete One Class From PvP Which Would it Be and Why?

If You Had to Delete One Class From PvP Which Would it Be and Why?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. If You Had to Delete One Class From PvP Which Would it Be and Why?

• Rev
    • Warrior
    • Ele
    • Necro
    • Ranger
    • Mesmer
    • Guardian
    • Thief
    • Engi

In an attempt to be constructive:

I think the biggest offenders in terms of balance (and being really, really unfun to play against) are stealth and instant-cast attacks.  This is the case regardless of what profession is using them. And it's especially noxious when combined with one-shot damage or wombo-combos.

Obviously, Gw2 is what it is and none of this is going to change (and if it did change, classes that depend on these mechanics would need to be rebalanced). But if I were remaking GW2 (or making a GW 3, cough...), reworking these aspects of the gameplay is something I would spend a lot of time on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

vindicator because they will literally never make any other rev build good so long as it exists because everyone including the devs circlejerked themselves into believing it's fun because it's massively overbloated by power creep

but nah actually assassin ruined gw1, teef ruins gw2
crime doesn't pay, scruff mcgruff should hardcounter the whole class

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The archetype thats plays unfair is hated. Go figure. 

You're welcome~ Anet made us this way.

15 hours ago, Marckan.9526 said:

Lol, people still haven't figured out stealth doesn't make you invulnerable?

Don't care thief scammed me  💀

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

Revenant a mixture of thief and guardian you got the buffs of guardian tons and tons of buffs and mobility like a thief.Its ridiculous what they can do and its game breaking.
Revenants contribute to the boonball and i despise boonball so much

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Revenant a mixture of thief and guardian you got the buffs of guardian tons and tons of buffs and mobility like a thief.Its ridiculous what they can do and its game breaking.

Aside from a plat hammer vindi, what revenent builds are giving you trouble? The other builds, of any sort, are outclassed by multiple specs as a dueler, roamer, or group fighter. Nobody plays support so herald boonspam doesn't count.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

5 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Aside from a plat hammer vindi, what revenent builds are giving you trouble? The other builds, of any sort, are outclassed by multiple specs as a dueler, roamer, or group fighter. Nobody plays support so herald boonspam doesn't count.

I think he is talking about WvW zergs in a pvp forum.

Meanwhile sup guard, sup druid, sup tempest, chrono sup, sup warrior all have boons for this too. Depends which are meta overtime for being most relevant while giving boons same time 🤷.

Eitherway, pretty sure he's talking about WvW zergs 😂. Boon uptime in pvp is a lot less for every boon at the same time

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I think he is talking about WvW zergs in a pvp forum.

Meanwhile sup guard, sup druid, sup tempest, chrono sup, sup warrior all have boons for this too. Depends which are meta overtime for being most relevant while giving boons same time 🤷.

Eitherway, pretty sure he's talking about WvW zergs 😂. Boon uptime in pvp is a lot less for every boon at the same time

In WVW Revenant is a massive contributer plus they got too much power, its why you stack guardians and revenants they both need huge nerfs to boonspam.

Anf warrs are not as known for boonspam now ele necro and mesmers  have buffs and are known for giving buffs.

Edited by Axl.8924
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

In WVW Revenant is a massive contributer plus they got too much power, its why you stack guardians and revenants they both need huge nerfs to boonspam.

Anf warrs are not as known for boonspam now ele necro and mesmers  have buffs and are known for giving buffs.

It won't change, also this pvp section not WvW section

• Like 1

If you wanted this poll to be taken seriously you should've made it about specs rather than the class overall. Every class has it's weaknesses but some specs are completely broken when it comes to PvP play.

I'd rather have stealth removed entirely, but since it's about classes and thief is probably the biggest and most annoying stealth user, my vote goes to thief. If there was no stealth, I'd immediatly switch to engineer... not for some balancing reasons, just because I wished they'd never added something so steampunky... 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1