Guild Wars 2 Expansion Reveal: June 4

On 5/31/2024 at 3:33 PM, Panda.1967 said:

spearguns could get redesigned as Crossbows… 

I fear housing will be like fishing and other stuff. I won't be able to enjoy it because I'm new and I can't enter expansions until I progress in the story (I don't want to rush the zone) 😞

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The item explained on the deluxe edition (homestead thing) actually seemed like housing and now I am surprised that this really is going to be a thing. Never had expected this. Surely this is going to be a new world of insane grind. (Well maybe a bit less than upgrading a guild hall solo but the additional cosmetic stuff you might be able to add will be new "end game" grind to keep players busy.)

And of course it could not just have been the home instance - when they want to sell expansions (making it tied to the new one then).

Edit: Hopefully the story will be nice. And maybe other gameplay-related stuff. Not just the Homestead. With this set north of Kryta maybe more info on E? Some Kodans seemed to have appeared in the trailer. (Maybe Waiting Sorrow lore include in the plot?) I wonder if the Homstead will be ... norn-like style only. Would be boring if we could just change the furniture and not make it look in a style themed fitting the other races.

Enemies looking like some from GW Nightfall a bit.

Edited by Luthan.5236

33 minutes ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

As long as its private player instance housing and not some kind of open world ugly housing is okay.

I wonder if we would be able to move the nodes unlocked in our current home instances to our new homesteads.

Looks like yes you can.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-guild-wars-2-janthir-wilds/

We’re excited to add our take on account-wide housing with Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds. Your journeys will lead you to your own homestead, an account-wide personal instance with a structure and land for you to decorate and cultivate. The Homesteads feature is unlocked and developed through an associated Mastery line as a place to express yourself, share space with your friends, and access nodes and unlockable resources from your personal story home instance. 

Posted (edited)

Nailed it for me 🙂 housing, fractals, raids (CMs!), the grounded story, spears... I am thrilled with everything I have seen so far, great job! The hype is immense and I hope this excites everybody else. In the meantime, I will get the swimsuit skins and the chromatic weapons (these look amazing)! Please add a Nerf weapon set with the swimsuits, and chromatic dyes based on the black lion weaponset.  Congratulations on the Epic Store release btw

On the other hand, what is the killer feature for players to buy this expansion? the housing? the spear as a weapon mastery? what am I missing if I do not buy the expansion?

Edited by Nebay.3085

Thanks for Isle of Janthir👍
Thanks for grandfathering in our home instances we have worked hard on upgrading to completion. Looking forward to the homestead. 👍
Thanks for adding "Open World" access to RAIDs👍 Here's to hoping the older ones will get added also👍
Thanks for bringing Warclaw skills to PvE👍
Thank for adding a Legendary back item to the wizards vault👍

18 minutes ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

When it launches Aug. 20th they are adding it.

"More cosmetics will be available in the following major releases, including a legendary spear and legendary backpack"

I just finished warbringer QQ

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

Yeah. So afraid it's going to be a long, dull grind. Like fishing. Which I did for all of 10 min before I thought, nah.

It's more the fact i'm disappointed it's just another instance. shrug. 

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

Thank for adding a Legendary back item to the wizards vault👍

You misunderstood. 😄 It will be in the expac, not in the WV.

46 minutes ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

"More cosmetics will be available in the following major releases, including a legendary spear and legendary backpack"

The aforementioned cosmetics will be part of the expac, not the WV.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DarkK.7368 said:

I fear housing will be like fishing and other stuff. I won't be able to enjoy it because I'm new and I can't enter expansions until I progress in the story (I don't want to rush the zone) 😞

Uhm… did you quote the wrong post? I never even mentioned housing…

1 hour ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Incoming kitten ranged reapon for melee clases like warrior, revenant and guardian.

Ugh. I so hope it will be ranged for ALL these classes. They all have more than enough melee weapons and need some range.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Ugh. I so hope it will be ranged for ALL these classes. They all have more than enough melee weapons and need some range.

If you wanted range, you choose the wrong class my friend.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 5:09 PM, DeanBB.4268 said:

Eh...could be a staff?

The appearance is similar to the "White Tiger Staff skin" that's already in game, which I use on my fun experimental staff warrior. It looks menacing & plays like a halberd/polearm type melee weapon (on warrior), since it is indeed a staff weapon (skin). But, if there is a real new melee "halberd/polearm/spear" weapon type coming soon... who knows 😄 (check out the official post for the real details, i wont post spoiler).

Spears are primarily used as a piercing/thrusting weapon (can obviously be hurled too). But, there are many variants/hybrids used throughout history, which are often referred to as "polearms/halberds". They have the piercing/thrusting spear point on top, but evolved into also having an axe type blade intended for slashing since forward/backward movement was often limited in rank formations (plus, it provided another angle of attack).

Edited by hugeboss.5432

I just don't see myself purchasing anything for GW2 when its already announced that development is being done on GW3 already.  Which for most people the general idea that comes with that is GW2 is soon to be on an official maintenance mode.  Maybe this is just EoD 2.0 where they are saying yeah, it's on maintenance mode but will you buy one more thing before we shut down for good.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Klypto.1703 said:

I just don't see myself purchasing anything for GW2 when its already announced that development is being done on GW3 already.  Which for most people the general idea that comes with that is GW2 is soon to be on an official maintenance mode.  Maybe this is just EoD 2.0 where they are saying yeah, it's on maintenance mode but will you buy one more thing before we shut down for good.

At shortest, GW3 will happen in like 6-7 years. Most likely in well over 8-9. And we don't know if that GW3 leak is really GW3 or it is just a guy making stuff up to hype a board meeting.

Saying this game is in, or close, to Maintenance Mode is just wild, fantasy territory, completely disconnected from base reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1