Home Instance Portal Device

agreed. 2 updates I'd like to see:

1) home portal stone gives option to take you to your Homestead or home city (or all home instances would be good too)

2) using the home portal stone prompts your party to join you like what normally happens when entering an instance. 

• Like 4

It would also be great if this Home Instance portal device could operate a little like the Thousands Seas pavilion, in that you can also map directly back to where you were standing prior to using the device.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AvaLilly.6375 said:

It would also be great if this Home Instance portal device could operate a little like the Thousands Seas pavilion, in that you can also map directly back to where you were standing prior to using the device.

Currently if you use the HIPD to enter your home instance you can either return to where you were when you activated the device, or walk out of your home instance into that capital city.  This seems to be a feature of the Home instance rather than the device itself.

It would be odd to add homesteads to the device but then not give the return to where you were feature to the homestead instance itself.
Personally, I suspect that they will simply make yet another portal stone.  Fill up those shared inventory slots!  Buy more slots! Bwahahahahah!

Every other MMO with home instance has a button to teleport to the instance. Also leaving the instance always teleports you back to where you came from. Standard procedure. I don't see why people here think it would not be included. It's a standard feature.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Currently if you use the HIPD to enter your home instance you can either return to where you were when you activated the device, or walk out of your home instance into that capital city.  This seems to be a feature of the Home instance rather than the device itself.

It would be odd to add homesteads to the device but then not give the return to where you were feature to the homestead instance itself.
Personally, I suspect that they will simply make yet another portal stone.  Fill up those shared inventory slots!  Buy more slots! Bwahahahahah!

When you enter home instance through portal in Eye of the North, leaving said home instance through any means (walking out, clicking leave, etc) returns you to EotN. Which may be result of how EotN portal got implemented....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

Every other MMO with home instance has a button to teleport to the instance. Also leaving the instance always teleports you back to where you came from. Standard procedure. I don't see why people here think it would not be included. It's a standard feature.

This thread is about the already existing device: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_Portal_Stone

• Confused 1

When they are already allowing the home instance nodes to be in the homestead ... the old portal device should port there as well. I just wonder how they'd do it in a clever way: Making a selection screen would mean more clicks. Giving a new item that ports to the Homestead - while giving it for free to people that have the Home Portal stone ... might be the best. Then changing the gem store to offer both items (at the same price the old stone had).

Would actually be fun if we also could log out in the homestead. (And then the bonus similar to Arborstone - when resting there.) The usual old content sent you back to the last non-instanced map you visited on log out.

I love The Grove but man I hate the Sylvari home instance. I have the old home portal stone but I never use it because the layout in "my home" sucks. I was just talking in-game the other day and hoping they update the home portal stone to take me to the homestead. I'd love it took my party with me too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FortnitemareCourt.8354 said:

I love The Grove but man I hate the Sylvari home instance.

Just for easy navigation and being semi-compact, my personal home instance rankings (ymmv):

1. Hero's Canton (Charr)
  2. Salma District (Human)
  3. Applied Development Lab (Asura)
  4. Hunter's Hearth (Norn)
  5. Dreamer's Terrace (Sylvari)

None of them are ideal for layout purposes, but If I'm farming the home nodes I'm pretty much always going to pick Hero's Canton.

• Confused 2

On 6/5/2024 at 6:55 AM, Albadaran.1283 said:

no they want it in the same UI button. 

• Confused 1