Request: Please add glyphs to the Eldritch Horror gathering tools

10 hours ago, Graymatter.4723 said:

I included the character slot. You get the shared inventory slot (including the boost) with the the standard edition too and also the title. Yes, you do get the table but I can't put a value on that because it doesn't have one.

The value lies in the things that are on the table. Unfortunately, this one seems quite empty.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

Your calculations assume you're buying glyphs off the TP (which you should never do), instead of just buying volatile tools on the gemstore. Buy the ultimate edition, and then also buy fresh volatile tools, and you'll be just as well off, except you'll also have the stuff from the deluxe upgrade as a bonus.

You are 100% correct. I was so focused on not having "empty" gathering tools that I missed the forest for the trees.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

how will this fit into your plan of

idk.. am i missing something very obvious here?

You aren't missing something. I was missing something. The calculations are sound but don't take into account that the ultimate gives you the same 4000 gems that you would buy separately so you may as well just get that. My first calculation assumed that a person would buy the gathering tools that include the glyphs on special. You can get those for 2160 every couple of months and the character slots for 640 every couple of months but it missed that point that you could just get the ultimate and the same amount of gems which included everything for free..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

But yeah, I'd say that math is not mathing, ultimate edition means expac base package + 50$ worth of gems, + deluxe goodies, at the price of base package + 50$.

Yes, you are correct. I was too focused on not having empty infinite gathering tools 🙂

I am not saying that they shouldn't include the glyphs, just that the ultimate is better than buying the gems separately. I still think that the tools should include a glyph selection box but that doesn't mean that ultimate is worse than buying standard + gems.

Edited by Graymatter.4723
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2024 at 12:29 AM, Graymatter.4723 said:

The deluxe and ultimate packs make no sense without glyphs included with tools. I have a lot of infinite gathering tools and will only get more if they include glyphs because the cost of buying glyphs for them is exorbitant. For me it's the difference between an ultimate and standard edition and I will probably only end up getting the standard edition if there isn't a change.

I was really disappointed and depressed when I got my tools and saw I had to try and scrape together a bunch of gold to buy glyphs. Why these didn't come with them is weird.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I can never justify the ultimate (or even the middle one tbh) but this time I thought 'sod it, I'll do it! If those tools have glyphs I'm in'. Might have got it for my son too (if he put £20 in lol), but no, without glyphs, I'm back to 'can't justify', so standard I think it will be for me/us too.. 😞

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2024 at 2:44 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

The value lies in the things that are on the table. Unfortunately, this one seems quite empty.

Only until August 20. You'll get more use out of the table then. 😉

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/28/2024 at 9:23 AM, SWJLAngel.3017 said:

Perhaps they could have a future Twitch Drop include 3 Selectable Glyph Chests at the 4 hour or 6 hour mark?  Or maybe 8 hour mark?  What items would you like to see as Twitch Drops?

I'd watch that.

On 6/28/2024 at 7:53 PM, Imaginos.3756 said:

I was really disappointed and depressed when I got my tools and saw I had to try and scrape together a bunch of gold to buy glyphs. Why these didn't come with them is weird.

The only thing I could think for how this make any sense, is if JW will include a reasonable way to get glyphs in game.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

You mean they dont have glyphs at all? I thought they came with them. I was only getting the deluxe for the tools, now im not sure. I thought since I dont have any permanent ones this would be great

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Their whole market for gathering tools on the gem store is messed up. Look at these!

• Unbreakable Gathering Tools (No glyphs included): 2,400 gems.
  • Infinite Choya Gathering Tools (3x glyphs of your choice): 2,700 gems.
  • Infinite Cosmetic Gathering Tools (3x glyphs of your choice): 2,700 gems.
  • Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools (3x glyphs of your choice): 2,700 gems.
  • Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool (Glyph of the Scavenger): 1,000 gems.
  • Log-r-Tron (No glyphs included): 1,000 gems.
  • Mine-r-Tron (No glyphs included): 1,000 gems.
  • Reap-r-Tron (No glyphs included): 1,000 gems.

There are some pretty obvious choices on what to buy, but it's the gem store! Why are they concerned with steering us away from buying Log-r-Tron, Mine-r-Tron, and Reap-r-Tron to sell more Infinite Cosmetic Gathering Tools? Skins are competing against skins by what glyphs they offer and it makes no sense! Did they not put those glyph selection kits into the bundles to stop such things? Originally those skin bundles didn't have selection kits like that.

And take a look at the discounted Unbreakable Gathering Tools! Only 300 gems less? Those glyph selection kits are far more worth it than 300 gems. That is only the value of the skins, yet the skinned bundles offer both skins and glyphs. The point of Unbreakable Gathering Tools is to offer the same functionality as other gem store gathering tools, just without the skins and at a discount. They don't fulfill that role anymore! They cost more than the skinned options, because glyphs cost too much gold on the trading post to justify the difference!

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The item prices are certainly not balanced. Buying one of the sets which the 3 x black lion glyphs (so you can pick which glyph you want, most likely volatile) are clearly the best. It would be nice if Anet did a little more to balance / remove some of these traps (eg the Wizards Vault tier 5 trophys reward is very poor value compared to most other things) so less informed players didn't make bad choices.

I would also be interested in seeing a bit more balance between the glyphs. Volatile glyphs are so much better than the other glyphs for money that the other glyphs end up being rarely used I would guess. Possibly hard to balance completely but buffing the others and perhaps nerfing the rewards from the volatile glyphs by 10-15% would help (I own 3 sets of Volatile Glyphs so this would hurt me but they would still be the best choice even with a slight nerf).

• Like 2

On 6/5/2024 at 10:37 AM, Zebulous.2934 said:

Another thing to consider:  how fast is the animation for these gathering tools? 

The mining and logging are horribly slow to start up and they don't strike the same number of times as the other tools, especially in the guild hall. The harvester is comparable to the fastest gatherers as you can gather the full node and move then move on with barely 1/3 of the way through the bar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, it's been a little while on this thread but I want to share something relevant to the conversation. 

I read through this thread to review everything. There were several conversation points in addition to OP's feedback, so I rounded them up and shared them all with the relevant teams. Some of the conversation touched on individual glyphs vs. glyph selection containers, and the team asked me to pass on details of a recent update as part of that discussion: 

The following packages include Black Lion Glyph Selection Containers instead of their original glyphs and will be offered periodically throughout the year. 

• Infinite Herald of Aurene Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Choya Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Cosmic Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Elemental Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Glacial Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Skyscale Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Spirits of the Wild Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Vermilion Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Volatile Magic Gathering Tools

You will still be able to purchase some of these tools individually with their default glyph outside of the package as well.  

They're continuing to listen to feedback as I pass it along, and I'll continue to share new information here and there as I can! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, it's been a little while on this thread but I want to share something relevant to the conversation. 

First of all, please know that I read through this thread and made sure to share it with the relevant teams. As part of that conversation they pointed me to a recent update to gem store gathering tool sets to pass along. 

The following packages include Black Lion Glyph Selection Containers instead of their original glyphs and will be offered periodically throughout the year. 

• Infinite Herald of Aurene Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Choya Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Cosmic Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Elemental Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Glacial Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Skyscale Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Spirits of the Wild Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Vermilion Gathering Tools
  • Infinite Volatile Magic Gathering Tools

You will still be able to purchase some of these tools individually with their default glyph outside of the package as well.  

They're continuing to listen to feedback as I pass it along, and I'll continue to share new information here and there as I can! 

Sorry Rubi but it seems like you've slightly missed the point of the original post and you've given some information that most people are already aware of. The issue in the forum is that the new gathering tools provided with the ultimate addition of the game doesn't have any glyphs attached to them, which makes them pretty useless and for most people will just take up a bank slot or equipped to a random alt character.

If you have any information about whether or not we are gonna get a glyph gift some time in the future for buying the ultimate addition, that is what we are asking for. But as it stands you've basically replied with "sorry that we've given you a useless item and charged you for it......but don't worry, you can make it not useless by buying something from the gem store"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Sorry Rubi but it seems like you've slightly missed the point of the original post and you've given some information that most people are already aware of. The issue in the forum is that the new gathering tools provided with the ultimate addition of the game doesn't have any glyphs attached to them, which makes them pretty useless and for most people will just take up a bank slot or equipped to a random alt character.

If you have any information about whether or not we are gonna get a glyph gift some time in the future for buying the ultimate addition, that is what we are asking for. But as it stands you've basically replied with "sorry that we've given you a useless item and charged you for it......but don't worry, you can make it not useless by buying something from the gem store"

I'm pretty sure Rubi didn't miss the point but instead it is by design that the gathering tools with the deluxe version don't have glyphs (a bit like how the Ultimate version contains 4000 gems, not 5000, or 6000, or some other higher number). Rubi is just pointing out there are now more ways of getting the glyphs you want (via the black lion glyphs) than there has been before.

It's also very situational whether it's really useless. If you have fully kitted out all the characters you play with then maybe it is for you, in which case you have less reason to buy the Deluxe version. However, for players who don't already have unbreakable gathering tools it's a pretty cool thing to gain. I remember well buying my first set on the gem store and shortly after deciding to buy my kids/wife some too because it was so nice no longer needing to worry about buying gathering tools. Yes, the glyphs are very useful and I have a few sets of Unbound/Volatile glyphs for that reason, but it isn't like the core unbreakable tools alone are useless.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

The only way I see this as an issue is if there was some reason to believe the tools had glyphs and you only found out they didn't after purchase. That doesn't seem to be the case. If you don't think the deluxe or ultimate packages are worth it, don't buy them /shrug . . .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• ArenaNet Staff
20 hours ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

Thank you for this note--I could have been much clearer about the goal of the information and I've updated my post to be more specific. I reviewed the full thread as I was gathering feedback, and since there were several points of feedback in addition to the original post, I shared them all with the relevant teams. They asked me to share a recent update that happened to be relevant to one of those additional points, but I have made sure people are aware of the full discussion here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thank you for this note--I could have been much clearer about the goal of the information and I've updated my post to be more specific. I reviewed the full thread as I was gathering feedback, and since there were several points of feedback in addition to the original post, I shared them all with the relevant teams. They asked me to share a recent update that happened to be relevant to one of those additional points, but I have made sure people are aware of the full discussion here. 

Yeah, the thing is that this is not a new topic. I've always wondered about why some do and some don't come with glyphs. For me, this package deal we're talking about here has enough value for the gathering tools to be without glyphs (though I wouldn't mind getting glyphs retroactively hehe). But there's this issue in general where prices and functionality do not match, which from a customer point of view doesn't make any sense.

I mean, I challenge you to explain to us why there's such inconcistency in prices and whether or not they come with glyphs. And I'm not asking how it came to be necessarily but why you haven't equalized them yet rather. Surely it would be much easier to have one price and just drop the unbreakable ones which are pretty much useless and not much cheaper than other sets that do have glyphs (2400 gems vs 2700 gems).

Look at it this way: what would you say about selling glyphs separately for 100 gems each? If that feel to cheap then perhaps you would see why people think that the unbreakable tools are too expensive. Also some sets have specific glyphs in them and others you can pick which glyphs you want...

All in all, I'd say it's time to overhaul they whole thing and make all tools with glyphs 900 gems and the glyph selectable. And all tools that don't have glyphs should cost 700 gems each. Now it's just a suggestion of course but there's just too many differences between them and for no sensible reason at all and I just can't really see how you can continue to leave such differences there without it being a negative customer experience.

• Like 4

On 6/6/2024 at 6:18 AM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Is "glyphs of volatile" still a good one? I mean, we can just get tons of volatile magic by exchanging eternal ice. 

Some peeps call glyphs of alchemy a placeholder glyph.... When u can just equip it on a mining tool and go to arah map and all the mithril nodes will give you orichalcum.

I usually use the glyph of overload to get extra metabolic and utility primer plants from home instance... So much worth it

Dont forget it's limited though

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

On 7/26/2024 at 4:05 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Yeah, the thing is that this is not a new topic.

It's not. I raised the issue for the first time when Watchwork Mining Pick got introduced, which was a veeeeeeeeeery long time ago.

Simply put, even ignoring the differences between glyphs, at this point tools without any glyphs at all should simply not exist. And while we might potentially argue about the eldritch horror set, all the gemshop tools should definitely get updated and receive the glyph select treatment (or at the very least get one of the existing glyphs assigned). Regardless if they are being offered as 3-tool pack set, or individually.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2