Legendary Spears

1 hour ago, phandaria.4891 said:

They won't. Legendaries work as time sink and they want us to grind Janthir's map currency. Making Gen 2 or Gen 3 legendary spears would work against this.

It would work the same as gen 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Yes, the difference is that Anet can't takeaway Kamohoali'i Kotaki or how to obtain it, or people gonna riot. Whereas adding new Gen 2 or Gen 3 spears will not be beneficial for Arenanet as they want players to grind Janthir's map.

Possibly in the future, if Arenanet wants people to redo older expansions, they might add Gen 2 or 3 underwater legendaries, but I can't see why Arenanet would want to do that at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Kamohoali'i Kotaki is certainly a lucrative legendary to make right now, according to someone in a Dragon Bash stampede map last night. They also said the Bifrost is going up in demand and price, although since that's a staff I'm not sure what the connection is.

7 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

the precursor was always dirt cheap, but the legendary itself has always cost just as much as any other legendary.

plus, i'd be willing to bet that it'll be in the legendary starter kits when next expansion drops.

• Like 2

I don't understand what the difference is between the new legendary spear and a theoretical gen 2 spear, its not like a gen 3 where they all use the same aesthetic. Unless you think they would give us a s3/s4 currency legendary in 2024 which would be completely bizarre.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoftPup.3048 said:

I don't understand what the difference is between the new legendary spear and a theoretical gen 2 spear, its not like a gen 3 where they all use the same aesthetic. Unless you think they would give us a s3/s4 currency legendary in 2024 which would be completely bizarre.

It could revitalize bits older content for the players who want that weapon.

It'd also be available people who don't pay for the over-priced mini expansion,

It'd also let them give a sign that they care for more than just the latest mini expansion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

On 6/7/2024 at 3:05 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

the precursor was always dirt cheap, but the legendary itself has always cost just as much as any other legendary.

yea had it dropped from toilet day before they made announcement. Next day sold it for 300g!!  😉

On 6/6/2024 at 7:16 AM, phandaria.4891 said:

They won't. Legendaries work as time sink and they want us to grind Janthir's map currency. Making Gen 2 or Gen 3 legendary spears would work against this.

If pre-crafting, then the time sink is fine with me.  I'd rather that over wizard vault or TP pres, but I know a lot will disagree with that.  

But no reason they can't make a gen 2 version where you also have to have Janthir currency since you know, both are wilds and all.  

Would make more sense than a gen 3, at least lore wise. 

They also won't have to arbitrarily introduce a 'gen 4' just for a spear.  And as others have said, gets people back into the HoT maps, which also pulls some pressure off having to release a bunch of new maps for the 'expansion' right away.  We really don't want a repeat of content drought from SoTO....right?

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

On 6/9/2024 at 8:30 AM, Joxer.6024 said:

yea had it dropped from toilet day before they made announcement. Next day sold it for 300g!!  😉

Well, the legendary is worth every single of these gold pieces and even more. I made the legendary in 2014.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 10:47 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

But no reason they can't make a gen 2 version where you also have to have Janthir currency since you know, both are wilds and all.  

I guess depends how you define gen 2, since gen 2 has no overall theme like Aurene's weapon. I define gen 2 as being crafted the same way, as in requiring Gift of Desert Mastery/Gift of Maguuma Mastery and the associated shards/collections.

If you define the new spear as gen 2 and requires Janthir currency, then so be it. But I see it as separate group from the original gen 2, just by how they are crafted. Possibly Gift of Janthir Mastery plus a new set of shards?

• Confused 1