please include more Extra Mystic Clovers in Wizard Vault for next season / JW

current reward structure gives only 20 clovers(per season - 90 days)...

gen1 spear need 77 clovers

gen4 spear might need more than 20 clovers

If new expansion introduces a new legy spear and it requires clovers or players decide to craft gen1 legy spear, they might need extra help to fast track their legy crafting and enjoy the spear on all classes(stat customizable and experiment)

not everyone will plan ahead and start collecting clovers from

1) 10 from fractal npc(which need fractal currencies which some players might not participate in)

2) 10 from raid npc(need raid currency)

3) 5 from strike npc(if players don't play regularly they wont have required amount of green shards to get it.. or even totally forget the npc weekly)

4) 5 from WvW npc(idk if everyone checks out this npc)

5) Miyani and Lyhr - they just plan to do daylight robbery(and mystic coins are very hard to come by, with very less sources and the prices for mystic coins only rising up every season I guess.... now its at 2 gold per mystic coin)

If at all players that do plan to make legendaries, they use clovers often and it runs dry so fast...

so my request... give 77 clovers in Wizard vault just for the upcoming season.. so players would engage in game to earn astral acclaims to get the clovers and other stuff they want from the vault

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

Or you get a Mystic Coin every day (during a 90 day season) from the Ley Line Anomaly and turn those into roughly 30 Clovers. Together with MCs from the WV, you get quite a lot of resources for crafting a legendary weapon.  The speed at which you can create legendary weapons (or armour, trinkets etc) has never been higher in the history of GW2. And, important to remember, you can get an ascended spear with identical stats even faster from crafting or WV. I think players these days don't realize, how "easy" it is to reach legendary gear, compared to like five or seven years ago.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2

While I'd personally welcome a reasonable increase in mystic clovers from WV (say, to 30 a season) I think there are more than enough routes in-game to obtain MCs.

Legendaries shouldn't be easy to obtain. (And I'm someone with all 3 weights of legendary armor; all 16 weapon types; and all but one trinket - who had to grind out every clover for each of those.) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

53 minutes ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

This is the real problem. People only start thinking about stuff once they decide they want something...and they want it now. You can also do WvW/PvP/Drizzlewood Forest reward tracks that give 2 mystic clovers upon completion each (and most give 7 the first time you complete them; yes even the drizzlewood ones).

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

That's only one fewer than what you under the old system could get over three months if you took the Legendary Crafting Kit.

Aside from that you can 10 weekly from Fractals, 10 weekly from raids, 5 weekly from Strikes, and 5 weekly from WvW. That gives a total of 30 per week if you nolife it. 5-10 more reasonably. 90 days is roughly three months. Three months is roughly 12 weeks. 12 weeks is 60 Mystic Clover using the lower number of five.

That would set you back a total of 60 Mystic Coins as well, again using the lower number.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

think most of u guys didn't understand the actual essence of the post...

non regular players who cant anomaly kill everyday, most players who hate fractals, raids, wvw and play only open world pve, and with already deficit of clovers by using it on legy starter kits... and many more other scenarios where clovers are hard to come by..

and I'm not asking for the clover reward i suggested to be permanent.. i'm just asking for this , since the new expansion being hype toward spear weapon proficiency being all class access and spear legendary fast forward crafting.. either its gen1 spear or gen4 spear... just that one season extra clovers not gonna hurt...

and im not asking anet to handover a complete spear legy in wizard vault...

and moreover.. crafting a legendary weapon does not only involve just the clovers.. its just one step of the many... many material sink, gold sink, time sink,.... its not like if anet makes option for 77 clover for one season, it would just affect everything or just invalidate the legy crafting process... there are too many hurdles like gift of battle(which is an entire reward track in wvw), gift of exploration mastery(which is a painstackingly long exploration in tyria), mystic tribute(which involves so many resources) , specific gift of teh legy weapon(mat sink) and precursor collection(exploration but fun), material sinks...

Im not asking anet to give GOB, GOM,gift of legy wepon,precursor to be given in wizard vault those are the stuff that involves player participation mainly to prove ones dedication to legendary... Im asking for clovers in exchange of Astral acclaims... not hard.. doesnt hurt anyone.. clovers are account bound

IDK why people just want to argue for the sake of arguing and try to kill an idea/request at the earliest possible opportunity ... blegh!!!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

non regular players who cant anomaly kill everyday, most players who hate fractals, raids, wvw and play only open world pve, and with already deficit of clovers by using it on legy starter kits... and many more other scenarios where clovers are hard to come by..

Crafting a legendary is a long-term commitment. I'm sure you can sell stuff from your Material Storage to be able to buy Mystic Coins on the TP.

The economy in this game is mostly measured in value rather than in liquid gold. Figure out your value rather than the amount of liquid gold you have.

The g3 Legendaries also only costs 38 Clovers rather than the 77 for g1 and g2. We have no idea what Clover structure the new spear will follow.

This is also an extremely important context. The spear comes in the first release after JW, which means you can get 40 clovers over 180 days.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

IDK why people just want to argue for the sake of arguing and try to kill an idea/request at the earliest possible opportunity ... blegh!!!

It's because people just disagree. It's a legendary item - it's not mandatory, it's something to work towards, and if players really want it they will work towards it. I really don't think players need handouts and I don't think they need to fast track the process.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

It'll be balanced around playing the expansion. If they wanted to make clovers easier to acquire, there would be a new source in the expansion. For example, a new legendary gathering node for the homestead that takes a week+ to grow and NPCs you could recruit for different bonuses, such as a gardener to either speed up growing or increase output, or more generalized bonuses, such as reduced gathering times and fishing power requirements.

9 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

It'll be balanced around playing the expansion. If they wanted to make clovers easier to acquire, there would be a new source in the expansion. For example, a new legendary gathering node for the homestead that takes a week+ to grow and NPCs you could recruit for different bonuses, such as a gardener to either speed up growing or increase output, or more generalized bonuses, such as reduced gathering times and fishing power requirements.

That sounds nice: a clover patch home instance node that lets you gather a clover once a week. I'd power through whatever content required to get that added to my home instance. kitten man that's actually such a good idea I'm going to put it on the QoL request forum.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

think most of u guys didn't understand the actual essence of the post...

and I'm not asking for the clover reward i suggested to be permanent.. i'm just asking for this , since the new expansion being hype toward spear weapon proficiency being all class access and spear legendary fast forward crafting.. either its gen1 spear or gen4 spear... just that one season extra clovers not gonna hurt...

and im not asking anet to handover a complete spear legy in wizard vault...

and moreover.. crafting a legendary weapon does not only involve just the clovers.. its just one step of the many... many material sink, gold sink, time sink,.... its not like if anet makes option for 77 clover for one season, it would just affect everything or just invalidate the legy crafting process... there are too many hurdles like gift of battle(which is an entire reward track in wvw), gift of exploration mastery(which is a painstackingly long exploration in tyria), mystic tribute(which involves so many resources) , specific gift of teh legy weapon(mat sink) and precursor collection(exploration but fun), material sinks...

Im not asking anet to give GOB, GOM,gift of legy wepon,precursor to be given in wizard vault those are the stuff that involves player participation mainly to prove ones dedication to legendary... Im asking for clovers in exchange of Astral acclaims... not hard.. doesnt hurt anyone.. clovers are account bound

Listen, there's the Drizzlewood faction reward tracks, so if you don't like to do so many things in this game there's an OW option as well. And these reward tracks you can even progress simultaneously.

And then you can straight out save up mystic coins to get them from vendors and the mystic toilet itself. You don't need to get them all in one week and since the spear will be coming out 3 months after JaWi releases there's still plenty of time to prepare for that. SoTO was all about the legendary armor sets. To get those you need a lot more than just one spear as it is. 

You just want things to be too easy and quick.  What you need to do if it's overwhelming to you is focus on one step at a time and save materials and not spend gold on other things. You'll be surprised on how well that works.

But here's the thing, since the spear comes out 3 months after the initial release of JaWi, you will have gotten 40 clovers and 120 mystic coins from which you can get at least 40 more clovers from vendors. Oh wait, you can get 20 from them per week (Lyhr and Miyani). All you need to make sure of is to have the necessary ectos. 

But in total the WV gives 40 mystic clovers per season (20 straight and 20 via the mystic coins) and since the spears arrives in the second season you have access to 80 mystic clovers total. So where's the problem again?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/15/2024 at 4:38 AM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

If new expansion introduces a new legy spear and it requires clovers or players decide to craft gen1 legy spear, they might need extra help to fast track their legy crafting and enjoy the spear on all classes(stat customizable and experiment)

1) 10 from fractal npc(which need fractal currencies which some players might not participate in)

2) 10 from raid npc(need raid currency)

3) 5 from strike npc(if players don't play regularly they wont have required amount of green shards to get it.. or even totally forget the npc weekly)

4) 5 from WvW npc(idk if everyone checks out this npc)

5) Miyani and Lyhr - they just plan to do daylight robbery(and mystic coins are very hard to come by, with very less sources and the prices for mystic coins only rising up every season I guess.... now its at 2 gold per mystic coin)

If at all players that do plan to make legendaries, they use clovers often and it runs dry so fast...

so my request... give 77 clovers in Wizard vault just for the upcoming season.. so players would engage in game to earn astral acclaims to get the clovers and other stuff they want from the vault

I believe the Drizzlewood faction reward tracks grant clovers when finished if you don't want to interact with the WvW reward track.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Listen, there's the Drizzlewood faction reward tracks, so if you don't like to do so many things in this game there's an OW option as well. And these reward tracks you can even progress simultaneously.

And then you can straight out save up mystic coins to get them from vendors and the mystic toilet itself. You don't need to get them all in one week and since the spear will be coming out 3 months after JaWi releases there's still plenty of time to prepare for that. SoTO was all about the legendary armor sets. To get those you need a lot more than just one spear as it is. 

You just want things to be too easy and quick.  What you need to do if it's overwhelming to you is focus on one step at a time and save materials and not spend gold on other things. You'll be surprised on how well that works.

But here's the thing, since the spear comes out 3 months after the initial release of JaWi, you will have gotten 40 clovers and 120 mystic coins from which you can get at least 40 more clovers from vendors. Oh wait, you can get 20 from them per week (Lyhr and Miyani). All you need to make sure of is to have the necessary ectos. 

But in total the WV gives 40 mystic clovers per season (20 straight and 20 via the mystic coins) and since the spears arrives in the second season you have access to 80 mystic clovers total. So where's the problem again?

Did they announce or release roadmap for jw legy spear release date? If it's like as you say, then 40 clovers at the time of legy crafting would be lessening the burden... If that's not the case, then

57 clovers are needed and as you suggested , drizzlewood reward track... How long does it take to grind an entire reward track for 2 clovers per track? 8.5 hrs? Or more?

So grind 238 hrs for the clovers alone

Nooooo I'm not gonna suggest mystic forge gambling method nor lyhr miyani 3 coin robbery for the clovers

Also, not sure if new legy spear might need mystic coins for crafting so, suggesting mc conversion or exchange might not be a good idea.

And you guys keep repeating the word "planning" and I kept insisting,... some players don't plan for stuff and they start doing it after it's been made available for unlock.. not everyone reads patchnotes, teaser videos, trailers, official streams.

When I mention mystic clovers, you guys argue to your last breath as if mystic clovers is the end goal of legy crafting.... If a player want to finish legy, there are tons of other stuff gob, goe, tribute, legy gift that will definitely eat up the time resources even if player plans to do it or not plan and start doing it when it arrives... 

Whatever... You guys would just read the comment , throw away the core idea of the comment and keep repeating whatever you wanted to say 😒

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Did they announce or release roadmap for jw legy spear release date? If it's like as you say, then 40 clovers at the time of legy crafting would be lessening the burden... If that's not the case, then

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/straight-to-the-point-a-primer-on-spears-in-janthir-wilds/

go to the question about the legendary spear.

57 clovers are needed and as you suggested , drizzlewood reward track... How long does it take to grind an entire reward track for 2 clovers per track? 8.5 hrs? Or more?

So grind 238 hrs for the clovers alone

You can donate materials daily to progress those reward tracks. And I think you meant 77 clovers but we don't even know whether that's true or not.

Nooooo I'm not gonna suggest mystic forge gambling method nor lyhr miyani 3 coin robbery for the clovers

The 3 coins are in line with the mystic toilet chance of getting a clover. So on average you spend 3 mystic coins to get one clover. Lyhr and Miyani just are the sure way to get it.

Also, not sure if new legy spear might need mystic coins for crafting so, suggesting mc conversion or exchange might not be a good idea.

They might or might not. Just as we don't know how many clovers they will take. But all I'm saying is that there are other ways for getting mystic clovers than pvp/wvw/raids

And you guys keep repeating the word "planning" and I kept insisting,... some players don't plan for stuff and they start doing it after it's been made available for unlock.. not everyone reads patchnotes, teaser videos, trailers, official streams.

Well, a lack of planning comes with consequences. But why would you need to get this legendary spear right away? It's a legendary weapon and it can take time, which is fine. It's not a problem if you don't prepare but it will take more time if you don't prepare/plan. Simple thing. 

When I mention mystic clovers, you guys argue to your last breath as if mystic clovers is the end goal of legy crafting.... If a player want to finish legy, there are tons of other stuff gob, goe, tribute, legy gift that will definitely eat up the time resources even if player plans to do it or not plan and start doing it when it arrives... 

No, that's not correct. You started this thread worrying about mystic clovers. That's what we're responding to. So it's you who reduced it to mystic clovers. I do know there's a lot more to it but you were specifically concerned about Clovers. A legendary takes time and lots of mats and such. You don't need to get the spear the day it comes out but that's not necessary.

Whatever... You guys would just read the comment , throw away the core idea of the comment and keep repeating whatever you wanted to say 😒

Mirroring much?

You just want to get 77 mystic clovers without even knowing whether or not you need that many. It might be 77 clovers or it might not be. It might need mystic coins but it might not be. We're all in the dark about this. I've already started with collecting clovers because I assume I will need some. But yes, there will undoubtedly be a need of new currencies. It might be that there's a preparatory phase like they did with the obsidian armor. Who knows? 

But I don't see the problem when people are totally unprepared and than have to do the effort from the moment it comes out. Just take your time when it comes out. There's no need for instant gratification. You won't have to do anything extra that others haven't done. 

The fact that there will be people that are unprepared doesn't need to be fixed. Besides, I suspect that most people who make legendaries will read at least about it beforehand. Though, you didn't read the blog post I linked I guess. But no, Anet doesn't need to cater to instant gratification.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

There are weekly vendors:
Mystic Clover - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

They can be earned from reward tracks in PvP, WvW, and Drizzlewood.

You can grind out Unbound Magic on all of your alts, and then trade the UM for Magic-Warped Bundle - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) at a chance at clovers as well.

Lastly, if you have the gold and karma for it, players can use the mystic toilet/Lyhr.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

tl;dr players that don't play often and are not so committed should get stuff (that's in fact rather easy to come by) for a completely optional item, that is designed as a long term goal, even more easily.

No.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Nash.2681 said:

tl;dr players that don't play often and are not so committed should get stuff (that's in fact rather easy to come by) for a completely optional item, that is designed as a long term goal, even more easily.

No.

I mean, the Wizard's Vault already does this for players who can't play as much: 20 easy clovers each season, accessible to everyone. I think that throwing casual players a bone is a great idea, but I also agree that entirely trivializing longterm goals is not a great idea. As it is, you get enough easy clovers for a 77-clover legendary every year. That sounds great for a more casual player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

No.

I literally could not have said it better myself

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I do want to say that the old login rewards gave 13*7=91 free clovers per year, where the current system gives 20*4=80. I'd love it if Anet closed that gap, or made it a bit smaller at least. MCl have a habit of coming in sevens. Why not give us 3*7 per season? It's a small change, but one I would definitely appreciate. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, SuavePuppy.2809 said:

Where did you get 13?

Old login reward cycle was exact 4 weeks (28 days), on non-leap year you get 365 days. 365/28 gives off 13 with a tiny funny fraction, so within a scope of year, if you never missed a login, you would end up with just barely 13 cycles.

• Like 2

The beauty of 84 clovers per year is that it's exactly one cycle of login rewards less than the max available. Of course it's unrealistic that most players would login every day of the year. But logging in almost every day, missing perhaps 28 days a year seems not all that unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

Old login reward cycle was exact 4 weeks (28 days), on non-leap year you get 365 days. 365/28 gives off 13 with a tiny funny fraction, so within a scope of year, if you never missed a login, you would end up with just barely 13 cycles.

True, fair enough

5 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

Sure, but as you say, that's only if you never miss a log in. Now it's no longer tied to the amount of days you log in which, imo, is a lot better. I'm sure the vast majority of players never logged in every day of the year for a variety of reasons. So making 13 rounds per year is more theoretical than realistic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1