Things that I would like in my Homestead, what would you like? [Merged]

I wanna have different themed instances for the homestead, which I'm 99% sure we'll get.

I personally want a Dessa lab style instance, with that skybox and floating islands a main island you can build at.

I'd also like an Old LA style instance, and I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate Domain of Grenth and Super Adventure Box home instances.

The potential here is enormous, they only have to grab old maps, move some stuff around to make a flat area for players to build at and get 2000 gems a piece.

• Like 5

On 6/29/2024 at 11:20 PM, Agrotera.1254 said:

serve as added storage. You could place items there instead of in your bank

That would undermine Bank Tab expansions from the gem store.

The ability to build Asura Gates to go to certain destinations

Crafting tables

These would undermine VIP lounge passes.

People need to realise Homesteads aren't suppose to be your very own personal VIP lounge with all the QoL you can imagine.

Offline characters should just appear in the homestead where they last logged off instead of defaulting to a position depending on their class.. Why would we need to guide their offline versions like seeing eye dogs?

Also, a graveyard that represents rhe last few deleted characters by name.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

I wanna have different themed instances for the homestead, which I'm 99% sure we'll get.

I personally want a Dessa lab style instance, with that skybox and floating islands a main island you can build at.

I'd also like an Old LA style instance, and I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate Domain of Grenth and Super Adventure Box home instances.

The potential here is enormous, they only have to grab old maps, move some stuff around to make a flat area for players to build at and get 2000 gems a piece.

If a Southsun Cove Beach Front Property Lease appears on the Gem Store I'll swipe so fast that my credit card will melt.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Things that I would like in my Homestead, what would you like? [Merged]
On 8/5/2024 at 8:34 AM, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

That would undermine Bank Tab expansions from the gem store.

These would undermine VIP lounge passes.

People need to realise Homesteads aren't suppose to be your very own personal VIP lounge with all the QoL you can imagine.

I have my bank fully expanded and still need more room. I am sure that other players have the same issue. You are splitting hairs here. There is no reason that they cannot give us these things and still make money on the Gem store. Do you honestly think that those few items are that vital to them making money?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Agrotera.1254 said:

There is no reason that they cannot give us these things and still make money on the Gem store.

💸

6 hours ago, Agrotera.1254 said:

Do you honestly think that those few items are that vital to them making money?

Yes. They don't call it "pay for convenience" for nothing, if you aren't inconvenienced, you aren't paying for convenience.

• Confused 2

Many people (myself included) have wanted and/or asked for various space-saving gizmos/devices (library, portal tome, etc) for a long time.

Conventional wisdom it seems is that it would disincentivize people from buying bank tabs, inventory expansions, etc,  

If that's the reason, why not create what many people want to buy, but only if they have met certain other stipulations?  

They could include having bought max bank slots available at purchase time (future proofing) or having max shared inventory slots and having a certain number/type of portals.

This seems like a win-win.  The community gets what they want AFTER ANet gets what they want.

Ok tear it apart and tell me why it's bad.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

💸

Yes. They don't call it "pay for convenience" for nothing, if you aren't inconvenienced, you aren't paying for convenience.

Why do I get the feeling that you are just looking for an argument and whatever I say, no matter how well I justify it, you will still disagree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:50 AM, Malus.2184 said:

If a Southsun Cove Beach Front Property Lease appears on the Gem Store I'll swipe so fast that my credit card will melt.

Logan: "I bought myself a small place in Southsun a few years ago. Haven't been back since I got it all set up..."
Commander: "It's mine now."
Logan: "I'm sorry, what do you mean?"
Commander: "Get out."

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, Kiof.5710 said:

If that's the reason, why not create what many people want to buy, but only if they have met certain other stipulations?

Ok tear it apart and tell me why it's bad.

Because that is locking access to a product people want behind an unrelated and/or products they don't necessarily want or have any use for.

That's an incredibly egregious business practice that very few companies can get away with, Anet wouldn't be one of them.

8 hours ago, Agrotera.1254 said:

Why do I get the feeling that you are just looking for an argument and whatever I say, no matter how well I justify it, you will still disagree.

It's just business. 🚬😎

• Confused 2

- Alt characters NOT returning to their default locations upon leaving the Homestead, instead being able to place them manually
- Option to let alt characters do emotes (permanently) upon placing them in a set location (read book, sip tea, talk, sit on chair...)
- Lots of basic decos (different material + thickness walls, floors, squares, rectangles), Windows (basic, church-like, colored...), veggie/fruit decos for a garden (pumpkins, strawberry patches), boulders (round, long, etc)
- Reuse existing assets and make them useable as decos
- Pathing options for alt-characters
- Placeable area effects like snow, mist, reflections, dust, particles, fireflies, embers
- Gemstore Homesteads (I can dream)
- Backpieces being shown for alts
- Using the squad-instancing instead of party-instancing
- Being able to visit other people's Homestead (from friendlist or guildpanel) if they set the correct permissions

Edited by Nemain.5073
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I need a library where I can deposit all the books, journals, recipe containers that I've got stored on my alts.

I would also appreciate a "wardrobe" which would let me trade in skins that I have already stored in the wardrobe but remain in my inventory. Add a merchant to trade these in for 1 transmutation charge per skin, please. After all, if you have them on your character and intend to use them, you get a free transmutation, but they're already in your wardrobe, so give us an option to get rid of the excess skins. Not necessarily in the homestead, but yeah, just figured it'd be a place to keep a wardrobe 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Livestock (cows, chicken, pigs, dolyaks, fern hounds etc.) would be nice, even if they just have some idle animation and not move around.

In the alleys of Amnoon, there's a merchant at a stall containing caged animals. A turkey, doe, and asura. Around the world there are swinging children and cats placed in secret areas, such as the top of the boat house near the port of Amnoon. It's hard not to want such things.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've been really impressed on what you can do with decorating your homestead so far. The tools are easy enough to use and pretty robust to really make some epic creations. I would love the homestead even more with some of the following tweaks:

• Ability to enter the homestead via squads
    If a full 50 person squad is too much, let us set the squad into raid mode to have 10 players in the homestead instance. The homestead seems large enough for a full squad, but 10 players would be a nice compromise to keep the homestead feeling cozy.

• Let us use something other than the conjured doorway to enter our homesteads
    It's frustrating that we can't use the conjured doorway to enter from every map. As an example, you can't use the conjured doorway in Arborstone but you can in Eye of the North. These maps serve the same purpose as being a strike hub for EoD and IBS-- it doesn't make sense that you can't summon the doorway in one map but not the other. Also, considering that party members aren't required to use the doorway to enter your homestead, it feels strange that there isn't a secondary method of entering a homestead as the instance owner. There is already a waypoint within the homestead, make this waypoint available on the Tyrian map as an additional method to get to the homestead.

• Remove the time gating of homestead specific crafting materials (refined homestead fiber, wood, and metal)
    This seems to be common feedback that I've seen from other players. I honestly don't understand limiting the output per week since these are account bound materials. This time gating really deflated my enthusiasm for decorating my homestead. If the team is set on these being a time gated material, then let us trade them on the trading post.

• Give us collections to earn farming nodes
    While I have no problems with the farming nodes being sold on the gem store for those who want a shortcut, it would be appreciated if we can earn these farming nodes via various collections. When I say farming nodes I'm referring to the basic ore, lumber, harvesting, cloth, and leather nodes, alongside all nodes that are found under the black lion chest upgrades section of the home instance wiki page.

• Let non-instance owners use the material storebox in my homestead instance
    While I don't have all the nodes for my homestead, the players that I know who do have a full home say it takes longer to have friends/guildies farm their home instance nodes. It's a nice QOL feature that I'd like to extend that benefit to others. Make it prerequisite that any non-instance owner must have completed the homesteading mastery line in order to benefit from this QOL feature (or make it a new mastery trait in a future update). 

• Decoration previews
    It would be nice if we had the ability to see a preview of the decoration prior to crafting it to make sure it's something I'd actually want to craft. Considering we're time gated on materials, it's not ideal to have to craft the item to see the object. If the time gate on the homestead material crafting was lifted, then I wouldn't really care as much about the ability to preview the decoration. 

• Better decoration grouping in the Handiwork Workbench
    Breaking up the decorations based on the mastery level feels clunky. It would be nice to sort decorations in the crafting menu into more descript categories. E.G. plants/trees in a single category called foliage. 

• Trading Post access
    It would be nice if we could add access to the Trading Post via my homestead. I see this as a QOL upgrade that would be initially available as a gem store item-- but would love to see a collection quest to unlock this as well.

• More precision in decoration placement
    It can be tricky at times to get decoration objects into a specific rotation or spot using only the mouse. While I realize that we can hold shift to rotate in 45 degree increments, it would be nice to have more refinement in all three object manipulation modes (move, rotate, and scale) that allows me to move the object via my keyboard at a set interval.

On a somewhat related note: It's tricky to select objects such as the Infernal Facade after they've been placed. For these types of objects they need to be a bit more solid, in the editor at least, to allow for us to select them. I often end up selecting a different object, or no object at all, depending on the placement of this object type. 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Crafting Stations (and TP access but that's probably unrealistic).

Cultural Decoration Packs for Hoelbrak/Divinity's Reach/Rata Sum/Black Citadel/Grove; basically racial decorations.

A way to access the world map from within the Homestead, and the option to just exit back out into Lowland Shore. 

A huge reduction in # of materials needed for conversions, because paying 300 hard wood for a chair is insane. 

More interactions for alts parked in the Homestead (also they should remember where we "guided" them to).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Minax.3284 said:

Crafting Stations (and TP access but that's probably unrealistic).

Cultural Decoration Packs for Hoelbrak/Divinity's Reach/Rata Sum/Black Citadel/Grove; basically racial decorations.

A way to access the world map from within the Homestead, and the option to just exit back out into Lowland Shore. 

A huge reduction in # of materials needed for conversions, because paying 300 hard wood for a chair is insane. 

More interactions for alts parked in the Homestead (also they should remember where we "guided" them to).

There is a portal to Lowland Shore near the other portals.

• Like 2

We should be able to place decoration items anywhere we want inside the homestead instance.

Can't place things outside of the initial couryard walls because I receive a "placement not allowed" message. Wanted to modify the wall to be square instead of round and that's when I noticed that I can't place walls anywhere I want and after deleting the grass, I can't place it back because I get the same type of error.

Edit: Seems like it works now, so it was probably a bug of some sort that didn't allow me to place things anymore.

Edited by Crono.4197

Sleeping Beds like in JW

More interactive things

That my NPCs not hidden somewhere. They should walk, talk and make this place interactive.

A current logged in crafting bench for the profession of the player and not only for the cooking master.

A bigger beach area and not such huge cliffs on waterside

Possible a hidden under water cave.

More objects to be placed as 1000 it total. As its my home I have to deal with performance issues by my own.

Sorted home craft stations to chairs, tables, decor and not by the ranking level.

Bigger and better view of movment pointers while placing objects.

A possible way to battle with your friends. This could be turned on easy by the npc

More season like winter, or other themes to by switched by the npc on start point

Homestead should save my last settings I did with things, but to by honest not even GW2 could store my configuration settings afer logging out.

A few things that I'd like to see added as QoL:

1. A portable decoration crafting station (itself a decoration) to reduce running back and forth while crafting/building
  2. The decoration finder (orange glow) being linked to the decoration palette - to find out where you've placed specific items
  3. A highlight for the select/delete decoration functions, so you know which item(s) it will affect.
  4. Any decorations added to the homestead selection are also made available to the scribe in the guild hall (and vice-versa)

I'm really enjoying playing around with the tools at the moment!