Sunken Treasure Week design and timing looks good

Posted (edited)

Another event week that can be used in the future repeateadly. Low effort. (You can get enough keys by just opening the chests and maybe usin the vendor that sells a few weekly.) Gets people to do the content that is not played that often. As a reward a spear skin that - according to wiki - was in the game (but not obtainable).

Nice combination. Especially since people will want the spear for JW. And it might increase the supply of infusions on the TP. (Maybe the highest level infusion will be obtainable by a few selected players that have a lot of money ... if the price drops and other players supply the low level infusions. :D)

As for the timing: Next PvP season should start. So this is fine to play a lot of PvP without having to worry about missing a lot of other temporary stuff - when you can just to the chests for the Treasure Week on day 1.

Edit: And yes ... not really now content. But that was to be expected. We'd need to see a focus on actually more underwater combat for it to make sense to have them develop new under water related stuff - including maybe changes to the chests. (Maybe other mobs.) Making the spear usable on land ... seems to be the opposite direction. (Though I still hope for a future expansion with a focus on underwater combat.)

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

I feel like swimming infusions are a bit odd. More aqua breather/uw weapon skins would be better bought with tokens from the chests or as random drops

Swimming uw feels wrong at higher speeds and we already have skimmers and boats. Plus its a weirdly complex system

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

So this had to come at the expense of the normal sunken treasure events that we already have keys for and now cannot do?!? 

It looks like you are trying to get us reinterested in the Underwater Tresure Hunt but in fact you have removed it, in favor of 

pushing more fractals on us. No Thanks!

• Confused 19

20 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I kinda feel like the event needs a gw1 style double the +10 swimming infusion drops to increase the supply so more players start unlocking +20 and +25 account upgrades.

The event already increases the supply by providing more keys (and so does the recently added 10 keys/week for karma) though.

2 minutes ago, Tumult.2578 said:

So this had to come at the expense of the normal sunken treasure events that we already have keys for and now cannot do?!?

What are you talking about?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Tumult.2578 said:

It looks like you are trying to get us reinterested in the Underwater Tresure Hunt but in fact you have removed it, in favor of 

pushing more fractals on us. No Thanks!

What are you talking about? The only thing that's changed is now there are new achievements tied to doing them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

The event already increases the supply by providing more keys (and so does the recently added 10 keys/week for karma) though.

What are you talking about?

It's a bit confusing, but when you try and use a key on a chest already ticked off on the Master Diver achievement, it comes up with that message even if you have keys in your invent. You have to wait until you reset the achievement by doing them all

It's always been that way though, but it's easy to forget if you have half finished the the achievement in the past or be confused if new

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It's a bit confusing, but when you try and use a key on a chest already ticked off on the Master Diver achievement, it comes up with that message even if you have keys in your invent. You have to wait until you reset the achievement by doing them all

Yeah, it was already like that before and... tbh I'm not sure which part of my post this is addressing? 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

It was already like that before and... tbh I'm not sure which part of my post this is addressing? 😉 

Yes, I said it was like that before and I was addressing the part where you asked them what they were talking about. This is what they were talking about - people (like who you quoted) are confused thinking they can't use their keys because of that message,. But you knew that's what I meant 😉 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Yes, I said it was like that before and I was addressing the part where you asked them what they were talking about. This is what they were talking about - people (like who you quoted) are confused thinking they can't use their keys because of that message,. But you knew that's what I meant 😉 

No, I did not know that's what you meant. I don't see how anything about that was supposed to "replace" any previous event (achievement?) nor how it's supposed to be confusing, considering it works the same way it did and the infinitely repeatable "master diver" achievement is still available. So no, it was not a hypothetical question, I actually didn't know what you were addressing with the previous response, hence the question 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, I did not know that's what you meant. I don't see how anything about that was supposed to "replace" any previous event (achievement?), considering it works the same way it did. So no, it was not a hypothetical question, I actually didn't know what you were addressing with the previous response, hence the question 😉 

Bceause the message is confusing and people think it means a different system of keys (and thus event) has been added. Also, I believe some of the chests have been relocated based on some map chat conversations (can't personally confirm). That is prob adding to it

For example. If you have have the Master Diver achievement active and had done Gendarren but not finished any other sunken chest map off, if you go and do Gendarren again, it will say your rusted ornate keys wont work. I get why some people are confused - the pop up should say "you have already looted from this chest" or be open until Master Diver is ticked off fully and reset. But it doesn, it just implies the keys are now invalid. Which they're not

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Bceause the message is confusing and people think it means a different system of keys has been added.

For example. If you have have the Master Diver achievement active and had done Gendarren but not finished any other sunken chest map off, if you go and do Gendarren again, it will say your rusted ornate keys wont work. I get why some people are confused - the pop up should say "you have already looted from this chest" or be open until Master Diver is ticked off fully and reset. But it doesn, it just implies the keys are now invalid. Which they're not

...the event literally rewards the exact same keys we used before though? Was the message different before today?
I don't know anything about any message there, the chest is uninteractable for me after I loot it once, even if I relog/repeatedly change map or swap characters (all of which I just tried doing, because I never opened these chests without doing "full rounds"). So overally as you can see, I'm still confused what causes the confusion despite you trying to tell me "I already knew that" 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

if you also get always this annoying "the chest is clapsed shut with an ornate lock" message... just double click the keys and it will spoint you to the next location that you can actually open 🙂

Edited by Hobin Rude.1672
  • Like 5

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

...the event literally rewards the exact same keys we used before though? Was the message different before today?
I don't know anything about any message there, the chest is uninteractable for me after I loot it once, even if I relog/repeatedly change map or swap characters. So overally as you can see, I'm still confused what causes the confusion despite you trying to tell me "I already knew that" 😄 

I could not open a chest I had ticked off on the partially completed Master Divers achievement and it said my ornate rusted keys didn't work because the chest is clasped shut with an ornate lock. It worked however on all the ones I hadn't ticked off. This hasn't mechanic hasn't changed, but again, the achievement isn't something done regularly so some either never knew about it before or had forgotten about it. Hence the confusion.

And because if you unluckily chose to open a chest that was already ticked off from an earlier time, then it will seem initially like your keys are useless. It's just a case of people returning to a very old, very rarely done event and forgetting entirely how it works and a confusing message making it seem like the old version had been removed. When it hadn't

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I could not open a chest I had ticked off on the partially completed Master Divers achievement and it said my ornate rusted keys didn't work because the chest is clasped shut with an ornate lock. It worked however on all the ones I hadn't ticked off. This hasn't mechanic hasn't changed, but again, the achievement isn't something done regularly so some either never knew about it before or had forgotten about it. Hence the confusion.

And because if you unluckily chose to open a chest that was already ticked off from an earlier time, then it will seem initially like your keys are useless. It's just a case of people returning to a very old, very rarely done event and forgetting entirely how it works and a confusing message making it seem like the old version had been removed. When it hadn't

So it's a pop up people get if they opened the chest in the past and didn't clear the achievement. As I said, I never saw that message. Actually I think it might be a bug, considering the last week patch notes said:

In addition to resetting when the Master Diver achievement is completed, sunken chests will now also reset upon logging in or your first time entering a map after the weekly reset.

So if someone unlocked any of the chests before this week, they should reset and still be lootable, but apparently they aren't?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

The chests had not reset, no. I had 3 ticked off for the last few years and I still did this evening. So if it's meant to reset, that's only going to be contributing further to the confusion

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

The achievement had not reset, no. I had 3 ticked off for the last few years and I still did this evening. So if it's meant to reset, that's only going to be contributing further to the confusion

I think the patchnotes talk about individual chests resetting, not the achievement. Either way, I guess it doesn't work. Or I'm misunderstanding what that change was supposed to do 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Two sunken chests in Sirens Reef when there are 3 in Aquatic is laughable, it should drop +10 swim infusions in greater quantity if it is only two chesrs. T4 Sirens should have 4 or 5 sunken chests IMO. The amount of time an average group spends on a fractal compared to just looting a chest in openworld is not comparable.

I do not have anything really to say about the other sunken chests since they have been around for so long, awarding 2 keys for the first opening this week is not anything amazing.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So it's a pop up people get if they opened the chest in the past and didn't clear the achievement. As I said, I never saw that message. Actually I think it might be a bug, considering the last week patch notes said:

So if someone unlocked any of the chests before this week, they should reset and still be lootable, but apparently they aren't?

The patch that did this went live after the weekly reset. Thus, one would need to wait till the end of this week for it to happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Image.8630 said:

I Seems to be missing something... how to open 30 chests when you can only open 10 (in regular maps) per week and the event only last 1 week?  🤔

You can open all 10 chests again right after you completed the repeatable "Master Diver" achievement. I opened 30 chests yesterday and did the achievement 3 times in a row (and then I stopped).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zok.4956 said:

You can open all 10 chests again right after you completed the repeatable "Master Diver" achievement. I opened 30 chests yesterday and did the achievement 3 times in a row (and then I stopped).

Exhausted, I bet.  😜   Thanks.  The change in weekly reset would have been useful to have.

• Confused 1