Upcoming Changes to the Warclaw

5 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

now that you need to damage a gate/wall to below 98% or fight the lord to contest a structure, one way to just contest it would be with a war claw.
currently you can only chain pull the gate, but there are these pesky guards that you need to take care of first to not get dismounted. however in the post here:

that makes it a lot less effort to contest waypoints again.

uh. doing 2% damage with a warclaw on a t3 gate or wall will take much time. dont think 25 sups will be enough.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 11:43 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Unlock Chain Pull, a third skill that allows your warclaw to pull on walls and gates to damage and weaken them. (5 points)

Can you please confirm that walls can now be attackedtoo  and this isn't a typo, because Chain Pull right now only works on gates.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Little Joe.8041 said:

uh. doing 2% damage with a warclaw on a t3 gate or wall will take much time. dont think 25 sups will be enough.

the 5th pull puts a keep gate to 98% as i just tested.
if the wiki number of 821.7k for t3 keep gate is correct, then the 4k per pull is about ~0.487%.

however as correction to what i actually wrote above, the warclaw damage itself does not contest the structure even below 98%. on gates you can then just dismount and attack the gate with your weapon to contest a waypoint, but can't do that at a wall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is an excellent change.  Giving all players this added mobility will keep newer players from feeling left behind and make the early WvW experience much better.   

It is great to see ANet recognizing that WvW mechanics should encourage players to get into fights, not make it more difficult - which is why the Desert Borderlands should also get major overhaul, although this would probably be too costly in time and resources.  The annoying vertical barriers and weird shrine mechanics do nothing to encourage the mass battle that are the core of WvW.  It's just bizarre why a WvW map would have the deliberate design philosophy of being confusing and difficult to navigate, preventing players from getting into fights.  Oh wait, this came out during the HoT era, when we had such winner maps like Tangles Depths being produced lol

IMO - Desert Borderlands should be leveled and glassed by another Foefight/Searing combined orbital strike.

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

6 hours ago, wheresmyWalkman.5896 said:

Welcome is definitely debatable.

who doesn't want it? the players that sometimes play pvp and wvw and are just happy to use all the mounts in pve?

maybe the new pvp mode can be used for the 30 vs 30 battles with no mounts/siege weapons, but wvw should definitely get more content.

wvw should also get battle ships, base building,... wvw is getting too outdated. you should play some other games outside of the gw2 pve mode.

• Confused 6

On 8/3/2024 at 12:17 AM, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

This is an excellent change.  Giving all players this added mobility will keep newer players from feeling left behind and make the early WvW experience much better.   

It is great to see ANet recognizing that WvW mechanics should encourage players to get into fights, not make it more difficult - which is why the Desert Borderlands should also get major overhaul, although this would probably be too costly in time and resources.  The annoying vertical barriers and weird shrine mechanics do nothing to encourage the mass battle that are the core of WvW.  It's just bizarre why a WvW map would have the deliberate design philosophy of being confusing and difficult to navigate, preventing players from getting into fights.  Oh wait, this came out during the HoT era, when we had such winner maps like Tangles Depths being produced lol

IMO - Desert Borderlands should be leveled and glassed by another Foefight/Searing combined orbital strike.

you already got 3 bland boring maps with 2xalpine and 1xebg. Let us, who actually enjoy diverse, complicated maps with interesting mechanics (shrine fast travel) continue to enjoy this awesome map. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

OK so in this discussion it was posted by Ruby Bayer to simply place 1 point in the warclaw master ability and own either path of fire or thorns... 

The post here days we don't need to complete the warclaw companion collection..... support says you do have to do it... support also says you have to spend 8G to get the mount.. 

So I'm no further a head with his... how do you actually for real get this mount for free!?

I was having issues with this and decided I would ask support how this works... here is their reply...

If you wish to acquire the Warclaw Mount through WvW, you need to do this method:

1. Have the Path of Fire expansion.
  2. Spend at least 1 World Ability Points in the Warclaw Mastery section to unlock the collection.
  3. Complete the Warclaw Companion collection.
  4. Purchase https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/4f/Warclaw_Certificate_of_Ownership.pngWarclaw from Elvie the Warclaw Tender for 8 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/d1/Gold_coin.png/18px-Gold_coin.png after using the Warclaw Certificate of Ownership.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Treez
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
https://help.guildwars2.com

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, PoisonUs.1409 said:

OK so in this discussion it was posted by Ruby Bayer to simply place 1 point in the warclaw master ability and own either path of fire or thorns... 

The post here days we don't need to complete the warclaw companion collection..... support says you do have to do it... support also says you have to spend 8G to get the mount.. 

So I'm no further a head with his... how do you actually for real get this mount for free!?

I was having issues with this and decided I would ask support how this works... here is their reply...

If you wish to acquire the Warclaw Mount through WvW, you need to do this method:

1. Have the Path of Fire expansion.
  2. Spend at least 1 World Ability Points in the Warclaw Mastery section to unlock the collection.
  3. Complete the Warclaw Companion collection.
  4. Purchase https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/4/4f/Warclaw_Certificate_of_Ownership.pngWarclaw from Elvie the Warclaw Tender for 8 https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/d/d1/Gold_coin.png/18px-Gold_coin.png after using the Warclaw Certificate of Ownership.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,

GM Treez
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
https://help.guildwars2.com

Or you can get it through janthir wilds just doing the story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2024 at 2:37 PM, Linken.6345 said:

This is pretty confusing.  Rubi's post says that warclaw will unlock for owners of HoT or PoF in both PvE and WvW.  It doesn't actually appear to be doing that.  If someone owns only HoT, they have it unlocked for PvE only.  They can't actually unlock it in WvW because the WvW mastery isn't showing.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Please clarify!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2024 at 11:43 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

The Warclaw Companion collection will no longer be required to unlock the warclaw. However, it will still be available, with additional rewards for players who want to complete it: a War Machine Weapon Skin Selection chest and 250 WvW skirmish claim tickets. If you've already completed the collection at any point in the past, you'll automatically receive these additional rewards the first time you log in after the August 20 game update.

As mentioned previously, Lance will receive a second charge in the August 20 game update.

Unlocking the warclaw will allow you to use it in PvE as well.

Again, these updates will be available to all players who own Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns or Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire.

Guild Wars 2: Janthir Wilds™ is not required to access them, but you do need that expansion to unlock the warclaw Mastery tiers outlined in the "Janthir Wilds Unleashed: The Enhanced Warclaw Mount" news post published on July 17.

So in short:
POF/HOT unlock the Warclaw in WvW without JW
JW only unlock The Warclaw in PVE, do not unlock the Warclaw in WvW,  You always need POF/HOT to use the Warclaw in WvW? is this right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/22/2024 at 11:37 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Absolutely no, i have JW (Only JW _NO_POF_) and I got the Warclaw doing the story but I CANT USE THE WARCLAW in WvW because I do not Have the Warclaw Mastery in WvW, and before You say "it's a bug!" no, it's a "feature", support answered that yes i bought JW, yes I did the Warclaw with the story but if I want to use the warclaw in WvW I need to BUY POF 😄 nice, if You buy POF you get a Warclaw FOR FREE in WvW and PVE, so in short, if you want a Warclaw, focus of the JW expansion, well .. better you buy POF, so You get a FREE Warclaw everywhere and you are good to go 😄

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff
On 8/27/2024 at 12:53 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

This is pretty confusing.  Rubi's post says that warclaw will unlock for owners of HoT or PoF in both PvE and WvW.  It doesn't actually appear to be doing that.  If someone owns only HoT, they have it unlocked for PvE only.  They can't actually unlock it in WvW because the WvW mastery isn't showing.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 Please clarify!

I have been talking with people about this question since we heard from some players who own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. We mentioned previously that either Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire would allow access to the warclaw mount in WvW, as those expansions are bundled together. After hearing from those players who own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire, we need to clarify that unlocking the warclaw mount in WvW specifically requires Path of Fire. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

14 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I have been talking with people about this question since we heard from some players who own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire. We mentioned previously that either Heart of Thorns or Path of Fire would allow access to the warclaw mount in WvW, as those expansions are bundled together. After hearing from those players who own Heart of Thorns but not Path of Fire, we need to clarify that unlocking the warclaw mount in WvW specifically requires Path of Fire. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks for clarifying.  Sad though for those players.  😞

18 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Ok with HOT but Why if I buy JW that is the Expansion that unlock the Warclaw i don't get a Warclaw in WvW? or better, let me to be precise, You get a Warclaw in WvW but the key to mount it do not Work, not only, when you unlock the Warclaw in JW doing the story you get at the end this screen:
https://i.imgur.com/L04whLv.png
that says:
"New Mount Acquired, THE WARCLAW, Mastering the warclaw will allow you to attach chains to gates and damage them in World vs World."

maybe You should add. ".. but only if You buy also POF expansion"  to the text ...

unlocking the warclaw mount in WvW specifically requires Path of Fire.

And i remind everyone that POF no more unlock the Warclaw, You just get it for FREE, so why you should get a Warclaw mastery for free in WvW with POF when the expansion that unlock the Warclaw it's now JW? reasons ...

Edited by Ondina.1529
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Ondina.1529 said:

Ok with HOT but Why if I buy JW that is the Expansion that unlock the Warclaw i don't get a Warclaw in WvW? or better, let me to be precise, You get a Warclaw in WvW but the key to mount it do not Work, not only, when you unlock the Warclaw in JW doing the story you get at the end this screen:
https://i.imgur.com/L04whLv.png
that says:
"New Mount Acquired, THE WARCLAW, Mastering the warclaw will allow you to attach chains to gates and damage them in World vs World."

maybe You should add. ".. but only if You buy also POF expansion"  to the text ...

And i remind everyone that POF no more unlock the Warclaw, You just get it for FREE, so why you should get a Warclaw mastery for free in WvW with POF when the expansion that unlock the Warclaw it's now JW? reasons ...

You dont have the warclaw mastery track to spend points in when entering wvw?

Which is a great and welcome change BUT... it doesn't work.
As evidenced by numerous threads all over internet, many HoT players do not have the Warclaw Mastery available at all in the masteries list. So we have the warclaw, and it works in PvE, but we cannot summon it in WvW (because we can't sped points in a mastery that does not exist). 
GW2 support are either unable or unwilling to even try to understand the problem, let alone help 😕 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 9/6/2024 at 12:43 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 That is:
a) not what was promised ("...anyone owning HoT OR PoF", not "and", or "a bundle"),
b) completely illogical (having the Warclaw unlocked in PvE but unable to summon in WvW),
c) unfair (player who paid for HoT expansion connot actually now buy PoF expansion without buying the bundle and paying for HoT AGAIN),
d) to my eye seemingly unintended (we do get a message that Warclaw is unlocked when entering WvW, we have the mount button and Warclaw on the mount list, everything other than the mastery appearing).

At this point only way to be fair and save face is to man up and unlock the mastery for HoT players who currently understandably feel let down and, in a way, cheated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Makes sense. HoT doesn't have mounts, so the Warclaw shouldn't be unlocked for HoT-only under any circumstances. Currently, the wiki suggests that owning HoT allows you to unlock the Warclaw in PvE only by entering any WvW map, but that sounds like a bug.

If there's anything I would change, I'd probably make it so Janthir Wilds owners can use the Warclaw in WvW.

Edited by Cronos.6532
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

It could be as simple as making this a free account restriction (no Warclaw) - and any expansion allowing to use it in WvW. Not like WvW has that many players that there'd be a lot of money lost by people not buying one of the older expansions - and then just focusing on WvW + latest expansion in PvE a bit. And the dedicated PvE players will buy everything to maximize completion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:43 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I'm actually really disappointed about that one.

There were 3 family members/friends who I got to log into the game again after years to try out the warclaw based on the orignal post (who have turned away from the game again after I've forced them to retry after every update for 2 weeks).

And in addition to that I would have loved for everyone to have access to warclaws. Since 1) it lets squads move as a group and 2) they get a basemount and in turn hopefully a taste for them ( > buy addons)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nennedot.3710 said:

I'm actually really disappointed about that one.

There were 3 family members/friends who I got to log into the game again after years to try out the warclaw based on the orignal post (who have turned away from the game again after I've forced them to retry after every update for 2 weeks).

And in addition to that I would have loved for everyone to have access to warclaws. Since 1) it lets squads move as a group and 2) they get a basemount and in turn hopefully a taste for them ( > buy addons)...

Hot owners do get a base mount the raptor in pve dont they?

• Confused 1