Where's the Hype?

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Can I get a serious answer? Is invisioncic.com the new imgur to be able to embed screens in this forum? I can't find it to have any working service. Or can we simply copy&paste images from our clipboard into a post?

The forum has the function built in

1) Go to the top of the forum and select CREATE

2) File download

3) Add the file from your PC to BOTH the file download and screenshot. Add descriptions and save

4) On the post you want to add to, there is an "other media" bottom right

Voila

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Thanks 5

I'm excited! My husband got it for my birthday. He joked with my friend that they won't be seeing me for a month. *laughs* He might be right, though. >.> 

Honestly, I haven't gotten far enough in GW1 to really get most of the hype. I need to start playing again, but BG3 and Final Fantasy 9 has me all distracted like. XD

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Wooo? 

That enough hype? Can I go now?

Nope! Moar DOTS hype! Hype at every time! XD Yeah, you can go. *hands you yummy treatos* do mind the blood though i can't help it, i just steal this stuff.

• Confused 1

On 8/6/2024 at 12:12 PM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Where's the hype for this expansion? It's only 2 weeks until release and there's nothing but crickets..

These aren't expansions - they are simply LWS to keep us occupied until the real work they are doing is revealed.  I promise you; Anet will get *way* more vocal when they have something they are excited about!  This current stuff doesn't qualify - and their effort/behavior speaks volumes without muttering a word. 

Edited by illuminati.8453
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

On 8/6/2024 at 3:53 PM, Mystflower.7319 said:

The expansion, just like SotO, will be cut into 4 'chapters',  meaning not everything of the new features will be released at the launch of Janthir Wilds, some things will be released later and I think that's the case for the new PvP mode as well. (I could be wrong.) So that might explain why they haven't shared anything about it yet, they're saving it for later. 

For now I think the hype is focused on Homesteads and the Spear and the first area we'll be getting. 

Do you know where we can find info on the four "chapters?" The last expansion made me quit and one of the reasons was the drip-drip release of the content. As of now I'm not going to pre-order. I will wait for some reviews. GW2 expansions used to be a guaranteed purchase for me but I was so disappointed with the direction of the last one that I'm unlikely to buy. 

• Confused 5

9 hours ago, FattyLumpkin.3420 said:

Do you know where we can find info on the four "chapters?" The last expansion made me quit and one of the reasons was the drip-drip release of the content. As of now I'm not going to pre-order. I will wait for some reviews. GW2 expansions used to be a guaranteed purchase for me but I was so disappointed with the direction of the last one that I'm unlikely to buy. 

With the 'four' chapters I meant  launch + 3 major releases.

In their announcement post of Janthir Wilds they wrote that the first major release will be in November, bringing more story content +raids. 

You can read all of that here: Announcement Janthir Wilds

I can understand that you weren't happy with their approach on SotO, many weren't. Anet wrote a blog post about looking back on SotO and what they learned from it. Not sure if you read this yet but if not it might answer some of your questions/doubts as well. You can read that here: SotO looking back & forward

All of that said, there is nothing wrong with waiting for reviews first.

I wasn't a big fan of SotO, I just hope that Janthir Wilds will be better. I like the Homestead feature, so that is already a plus for me. From what content creators showed in their reviews, of the things arenanet allowed them to try, it looked promising. 

• Like 2

Bit more hyped now. I liked the contract in EoD. Now they announce that (at a later date) one for SotO will arive (for the expeditions in the home instance). And a supply drop - with a expedition contract for is announced in the news.

(We could need a few more nodes ... for the home instance. And/or the new Homestead. I think starting with EoD they did not bring any more new nodes.)

On 8/18/2024 at 5:30 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

4) On the post you want to add to, there is an "other media" bottom right

I do not see such an option anywhere, bottom right or elsewhere, when I am creating a new post (even after uploading an image to the forum). 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Okay, after a while it became available, so ignore this post. 😉 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I do not see such an option anywhere, bottom right or elsewhere, when I am creating a new post (even after uploading an image to the forum). 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Okay, after a while it became available, so ignore this post. 😉 

Sorry, been away so haven’t checked forums to see post anyway