PLEASE DELETE AQUATIC RUINS FRACTAL

PLEASE DELETE THIS FRACTAL or atleast push it out of the t4 rotation. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DESIGNED FRACTAL EVER EXISTED. It doesnt work for the specs, it doesnt work for most healers, it is just bad . JUST DELETE IT. Thanks. I will spend 100 Euro for gems if you delete it.

Edited by tionebOAT.2940
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 9

Which pretty much just goes to show different people like different things. As part of a new group who worked our own way through all of them over the last 18 months the variety was good and they should all stay. IMO obviously.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 5

On 8/7/2024 at 8:21 PM, tionebOAT.2940 said:

PLEASE DELETE THIS FRACTAL or atleast push it out of the t4 rotation. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST DESIGNED FRACTAL EVER EXISTED. It doesnt work for the specs, it doesnt work for most healers, it is just bad . JUST DELETE IT. Thanks. I will spend 100 Euro for gems if you delete it.

The best part about the Fractal is that it's not hard, nor it is mandatory to do it. If a build doesn't work in a Fractal then bring something else, it's that simple. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

It's not that bad but i agree that some profession are "undercooked" in water , mech has no mech , chrono has no pits (no asmr underwater 😢), etc etc .

but some specs really shine there like reaper , firebrand , actually firebrand can heal  decently , but trough AA chain with trident , yep boring i know ...

Same as solid ocean , a little rework , just make the endboss a land boss , the cary light or dolphins are somewhat alright, but the endboss is just boring and take way too long to kill 

It's only on the days of the dark weed path that's really the pug killer part. And I'll confess I still have no idea how that one is supposed to work even though I've done this fractal multiple times (shout out to the people who could swim through and solo the Krait Warden for the team). No it's not a simple matter of "just keep swimming lol", the later weed nodes in the swim route are clearly and intentionally placed far apart (further from how long the weed can last) so swimming to them normally is impossible without some maneuver (Necro shroud, Mesmer F4). And there are no guides online on how that's supposed to work, they all only mention the obvious mechanics of "hold onto weed to swim or die by piranhas". Literally it just works, until it doesn't lol.

Boss fight itself is not anything special, it's not a HP sponge but rather most classes struggle underwater to maintain the integrity of their roles (DPS/boon/heal) effectively, so it takes a tedious amount to kill. Some people are not even trying at all lol, Arc showed a DPS doing just 1k once and I pray that was only because that DPS didn't bother to gear any underwater gear for their Fractal toon.

And at least there's a bunch of Kraits inside so you do get an Ornate Key for the Sunken Chests at the end, in case you forget to bring them. Much better than Siren's Reef; the Ornate Key should honestly drop once a day from Pirate enemies as well just like how Bounty orders drop from Bandit enemies once a day.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

It's only on the days of the dark weed path that's really the pug killer part. And I'll confess I still have no idea how that one is supposed to work even though I've done this fractal multiple times (shout out to the people who could swim through and solo the Krait Warden for the team). No it's not a simple matter of "just keep swimming lol", the later weed nodes in the swim route are clearly and intentionally placed far apart (further from how long the weed can last) so swimming to them normally is impossible without some maneuver (Necro shroud, Mesmer F4). And there are no guides online on how that's supposed to work, they all only mention the obvious mechanics of "hold onto weed to swim or die by piranhas". Literally it just works, until it doesn't lol.

Boss fight itself is not anything special, it's not a HP sponge but rather most classes struggle underwater to maintain the integrity of their roles (DPS/boon/heal) effectively, so it takes a tedious amount to kill. Some people are not even trying at all lol, Arc showed a DPS doing just 1k once and I pray that was only because that DPS didn't bother to gear any underwater gear for their Fractal toon.

And at least there's a bunch of Kraits inside so you do get an Ornate Key for the Sunken Chests at the end, in case you forget to bring them. Much better than Siren's Reef; the Ornate Key should honestly drop once a day from Pirate enemies as well just like how Bounty orders drop from Bandit enemies once a day.

Press Autorun/R, use dodge and camera to move properly, and spam F to instantly pickup any Light Weed.
It literally is, "swim faster".
Also...a simple +10 Infusion makes a huge diff, since your base speed is lowered in combat.
And if you dont have an Asc Breather, just go craft one, the recipes and mats arent bad.
(Bitterfrost sucks, ur spending SO MUCH TIME farming berries when you can just use mats of 15-20g and be done in 15 mins versus hours)

• Like 3

You can play Bladesworn in the aquatic fractal with your Gunsaber out. 

Gives you a dramatic damage increase and allows fully charged dragonslashes underwater. Trivialises every encounter thats designed for the subpar damage output of underwater weapons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

You can play Bladesworn in the aquatic fractal with your Gunsaber out. 

Gives you a dramatic damage increase and allows fully charged dragonslashes underwater. Trivialises every encounter thats designed for the subpar damage output of underwater weapons.

Yeah, but then you have to play Bladesworn. I guess you want to punish yourself even more during Aquatic Ruins.

(tis a joke....kinda)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

Yeah, but then you have to play Bladesworn. I guess you want to punish yourself even more during Aquatic Ruins.

(tis a joke....kinda)

No need to say it as a joke, the elite spec is actually just painful to play in it’s current state.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/7/2024 at 8:21 PM, tionebOAT.2940 said:

Ah yes, the old "I don't like this so please remove it"... Since there is almost guaranteed to be at least one person who absolutely hates each and every part of the game, this policy would lead to a game completely void of content, and thus a game which doesn't exist anymore.
A simple solution to the issue: put on lfg "t4-76"

On 8/11/2024 at 2:13 AM, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Most groups I get with on fractals just stick together and take a quick break at the left turn to clear up the mobs, then just go from there. Sometimes, depending on mob placement, we may also stop just at the tunnel entrance to clear some. Never have a problem with it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Zohane.7214 said:

Most groups I get with on fractals just stick together and take a quick break at the left turn to clear up the mobs, then just go from there. Sometimes, depending on mob placement, we may also stop just at the tunnel entrance to clear some. Never have a problem with it.

It's more of a "everyone to themselves" for me every single time, 0 mob clearing whatsoever.

Must be because I play on NA. /s 

• Sad 1

"pug killer part"

I did only pug T4+recs groups daily for ~3 years and there were the rarest fails.

For underwater, kinda annoying you have to bring underwater gear. But then, most fractals get kinda annoying once you do them long enough.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2024 at 2:04 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The best part about the Fractal is that it's not hard, nor it is mandatory to do it. If a build doesn't work in a Fractal then bring something else, it's that simple. 

It's easy with a party, but have you ever tried to solo that jelly fish on T4? Omg dude. You need to use like celestial wvw roamer builds to do it. The mechanics are crazy difficult to deal with solo.

• Confused 3

I absolutely detest the dolphin version. I hate it 💔 The chests sweeten the deal a little but I still find it to be a chore. I also hate Swamp, it's one of very few things in life that make me wonder if I'm absolutely trash at something :3

...Let's not talk about BladeSworn. Though in fact after trying condi Spectre spear thief, I'm glad it's not that jank. Close but not too close. Mind you, I haven't tried to bench after the change we just got.

On 9/2/2024 at 3:42 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

It's easy with a party, but have you ever tried to solo that jelly fish on T4? Omg dude. You need to use like celestial wvw roamer builds to do it. The mechanics are crazy difficult to deal with solo.

I usualy solo solid ocean if I want a fractal for me and my army.