Janthir Wilds is a huge disappointment for me, there are things that I would like the developers to change in the game

19 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

There is a HUGE difference between saying you're stuck and need help, and saying a game is poorly designed, not wanting help and just asking for Devs to change something

Once again, I repeat, it is shoud a game, entertainment, pleasure, not frustration, additional work, exercises, etc. The game is supposed to be enjoyable and easy so that the story content can be completed by anyone. Simple

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7

1 minute ago, Darves.6798 said:

You've twisted my words once again.

No, you think like it because it's not the same syntax but the meaning is the same. Too bad

Reading and understanding complex content in a language that is foreign to you is not a necessary skill in today's society. Besides, just because I read what an ability supposedly does doesn't mean I understand what it means or how it works. What's more, it won't hurt that after two hits from the boss he doesn't land on the waypoint

Then what's your foreign language?

Plus I'm sorry to tell you but reading that a traits deals / heals X amount when [conditions] is not considered "complex content" whatsoever. And yes reading what an ability does makes you know what it does, that's in the sentence. If you lack comprehension on some few things like "after cast", "CC", "cast time" etc. Then ask, and you should be granted. And if you get two tapped by a "boss" it's on you, you did a mistake and you died. Just like I can fail story missions in FF14 if I do mistakes.

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Yes it does. This makes it difficult, because you can't complete the entire story without it

No it doesn't, its called playing the game you bought. You have to read what you unlocked and what it does and try. Trying is not making a game hard, in fact it makes it interesting and less boring. And by the way, you can still complete the story without a perfect build, just so you know.

8 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

My opinion after playing the game for over a year and not being able to complete the story is excellent proof for developers that an easy level of difficulty should be introduced for the story content. This would be good for the game because it would expand the player base. Moreover, your claims are absurd, this is the statement like: you can't make a better movie, you have no right to criticize the current one.

No it's not ^^

If I play FF14 with my monitor turned off for a year it doesn't mean my opinion is valid on how difficult it is. You play the game in hardcore mode because YOU don't want to learn nor do you want solutions (that are already present in game) and you think the game is hard.

Back up your statement about increasing the player base please. Because right now you are the smallest of the smallest minority of new players that are unable to do the story (easiest content of an easy game)

And no, it's not you can't make a better movie so you can't trash this one. It's : you don't read and don't play correctly and want changes, that's the reality and that's why your (wrong) opinion should be ignored on it sadly.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

> And yes you have to "invent" a build a put it at test, it doesn't make the game hard.

Yes it does. This makes it difficult, because you can't complete the entire story without it

You are expecting empathy for your situation, yet you put out one generalized statement after another. You mean you believe the story cannot be done without using meta builds, but that is simple not true. Some story mission fights are challenging, but most are easy. Maybe it is not a damage problem but a you-issue, because you are not doing the fight's mechanics, perhaps? Understanding the mechanics is the most important thing in any encounter, fight and otherwise.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Once again, I repeat, it is shoud a game, entertainment, pleasure, not frustration, additional work, exercises, etc. The game is supposed to be enjoyable and easy so that the story content can be completed by anyone. Simple

And for your information, that's not the definition of "video game". That's YOUR biased definition of a video game and good god not everyone subscribe to that. That's why we have souls game, as well as Minecraft and other type of stuff with different difficulty 

Here's the standard definition of video game : video game[a], also known as a computer game or just a game, is an electronic game that involves interaction with a user interface or input device (such as a joystick, controller, keyboard, or motion sensing device) to generate visual feedback from a display device, most commonly shown in a video format on a television set, [...] ~Wikipedia

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

Then what's your foreign language?

English is not my native language, I talk to you using Google Translator. I understand dialogues that have subtitles because they are simple, complicated technical language is difficult for me

14 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

Plus I'm sorry to tell you but reading that a traits deals / heals X amount when [conditions] is not considered "complex content" whatsoever. And yes reading what an ability does makes you know what it does, that's in the sentence. If you lack comprehension on some few things like "after cast", "CC", "cast time" etc. Then ask, and you should be granted. And if you get two tapped by a "boss" it's on you, you did a mistake and you died. Just like I can fail story missions in FF14 if I do mistakes.

No, it's not granted. The game does not explain, for example, what it means that it is bleeding damage, what does it mean that it is better or not? what does it mean from poison? that it is better than those from bleeding or worse. Sorry, but the game does not explain mechanics such as AoE, which is perfectly explained in a simple way by e.g. FFXIV

17 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

No it's not ^^

If I play FF14 with my monitor turned off for a year it doesn't mean my opinion is valid on how difficult it is. You play the game in hardcore mode because YOU don't want to learn nor do you want solutions (that are already present in game) and you think the game is hard.

Back up your statement about increasing the player base please. Because right now you are the smallest of the smallest minority of new players that are unable to do the story (easiest content of an easy game)

And no, it's not you can't make a better movie so you can't trash this one. It's : you don't read and don't play correctly and want changes, that's the reality and that's why your (wrong) opinion should be ignored on it sadly.

I don't like this argument, but you force me to make it. I paid quite a lot of money with games with all expansions and LW's. My position is that gaming is supposed to be fun and not frustrating. So as a customer I have the right to have comments, objections and requests for change.

• Confused 8

14 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

That's why we have souls game, as well as Minecraft and other type of stuff with different difficulty 

I wonder why there are also easy modes to download from the Nexus for souslike games. Apparently there is a demand for an easy difficulty level. It's like here. I have expressed my need for an easy difficulty level for the entire story content of the game, its expansions and LW's

• Confused 9

2 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

I wonder why there are also easy modes to download from the Nexus for souslike games. Apparently there is a demand for an easy difficulty level. It's like here. I have expressed my need for an easy difficulty level for the entire story content of the game, its expansions and LW's

This game is trivially easy already. Learn your profession properly like any other game and you will be fine.  If you don't then skew your build towards mitigation and you will do fine.  Always use food and utility buffs and you will be fine.  In short take ownership of your own difficulties.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

English is not my native language, I talk to you using Google Translator. I understand dialogues that have subtitles because they are simple, complicated technical language is difficult for me

So you didn't answer my question. Once again what is your foreign language?

it's not granted. The game does not explain, for example, what it means that it is bleeding damage, what does it mean that it is better or not? what does it mean from poison? that it is better than those from bleeding or worse. Sorry, but the game does not explain mechanics such as AoE, which is perfectly explained in a simple way by e.g. FFXIV

The game literally tells you what bleeding does. It's written on the boxes you should read. It says X dmg and gives a duration, so if you think just a tiny bit about it, you know it's.... Damage over time ! Congratulations 👏 

And even if you didn't found it was DoT, it deals damage, that's written.

Poison deals damage AND reduce heals, it's also written.

AoE is not explained in plain text probably because a huge red circle that deals damage when you stand in it is self explanatory.

don't like this argument, but you force me to make it. I paid quite a lot of money with games with all expansions and LW's. My position is that gaming is supposed to be fun and not frustrating. So as a customer I have the right to have comments, objections and requests for change

Yeah you have the right to be wrong, nobody says the opposite. That's what so good about freedom of speech and democracy. You can cry but it doesn't mean you'll be heard. And right there, you paid money, you refused to play the game Devs took YEARS to develop (under good conditions I hope), so you spit on their job AND ask for changes cause you paid money. What a kid mentality you got here.

22 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

wonder why there are also easy modes to download from the Nexus for souslike games. Apparently there is a demand for an easy difficulty level. It's like here. I have expressed my need for an easy difficulty level for the entire story content of the game, its expansions and LW's

Yes and you know what ? You didn't beat a souls game. You beat "a souls game with easy mode from Nexus"

If I use a "mod" to be invincible and one shot everything in Monster Hunter, I didn't beat Monster Hunter, I beat "Monster Hunter with invincibility and one shot mod". Know your ground

And again YOUR needs are nowhere near a necessity since once again the whole game is perfectly doable by everyone, even disabled people with low intensity builds that are great for open world. 

And small note aside : just because you find a low intensity build on internet doesn't mean the game is hard. It's a shortcut to what YOU could have done if you read the game content you keep spitting on

Edit : I can still agree that some few things could be a bit clearer and some UI needs modifications, but not because something is hard

Edited by Keyto.3672
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

So you didn't answer my question. Once again what is your foreign language?

Foreign language? English is a foreign language for me. Gw2 is not translated into my native language

4 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

The game literally tells you what bleeding does. It's written on the boxes you should read. It says X dmg and gives a duration, so if you think just a tiny bit about it, you know it's.... Damage over time ! Congratulations 👏 

And even if you didn't found it was DoT, it deals damage, that's written.

Poison deals damage AND reduce heals, it's also written.

AoE is not explained in plain text probably because a huge red circle that deals damage when you stand in it is self explanatory.

These were examples, I have to go into the game and bombard you with questions about a million things - what is what? Besides, you didn't tell me whether, for example, bleeding damage is better than poison damage, which I have to choose, it's not written in the game. And this is also an example

7 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

Yeah you have the right to be wrong, nobody says the opposite. That's what so good about freedom of speech and democracy. You can cry but it doesn't mean you'll be heard. And right there, you paid money, you refused to play the game Devs took YEARS to develop (under good conditions I hope), so you spit on their job AND ask for changes cause you paid money. What a kid mentality you got here.

Once again, I'm explaining to you that everyone has a right to their opinion, including me. These are just your opinions and are worth as much as mine. I also have the right to expect and ask developers to introduce at least an optional easy difficulty level.

10 minutes ago, Keyto.3672 said:

Yes and you know what ? You didn't beat a souls game. You beat "a souls game with easy mode from Nexus"

If I use a "mod" to be invincible and one shot everything in Monster Hunter, I didn't beat Monster Hunter, I beat "Monster Hunter with invincibility and one shot mod". Know your ground

It doesn't bother me, They can have it written, you completed the GW2 storyline on super easy difficulty. They can also turn off achievements for super easy level, I don't care. For me, all that matters is a pleasant, nonfrustrating, easy completion of all story content.

• Confused 8

9 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Foreign language? English is a foreign language for me. Gw2 is not translated into my native language

Besides, you didn't tell me whether, for example, bleeding damage is better than poison damage, which I have to choose, it's not written in the game. And this is also an example

What?  you want a stranger to literally read out what's on many many icons in the game because your comprehensions skills are so low you cannot read basic information?  MMORPGs are designed for people who love complex layered massive games, and you are struggling with the most basic of principles. Rather than changing a mature popular rich mmorpg to be something simplistic, maybe the issue is you?

to be helpful, here you go, starter for 10  https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=what+is+bleeding+in+GW2

Edited by Bladestrom.6425
  • Like 8

Okay my bad, what's your native language then ? 

2 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

These were examples, I have to go into the game and bombard you with questions about a million things - what is what? Besides, you didn't tell me whether, for example, bleeding damage is better than poison damage, which I have to choose, it's not written in the game. And this is also an example

Yes you can, and people will literally be super happy about it, because we like to help new players or people that struggle in game. And for your exemple, it all matters in.... THE TRAITS ! Once again, reading what a trait does and what it boosts will make you chose. If your bleeding deals 1k and your poison deals 200, then bleeding is better. That's just reading your traits and skills and be interested in what your character is doing and what you are doing. That's what makes the game cool and fun. If you randomly trait and gear and just blitz through the story (if you can), you are skipping like 60% of what makes GW2 the game it is. And in open world it doesn't matter too much if it's bleeding or poison. As far as I know there are few to no monsters immune to bleeding / torment / poison. The only one that comes to mind are the destructor ones that are immune to burning.

6 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Once again, I'm explaining to you that everyone has a right to their opinion, including me. These are just your opinions and are worth as much as mine. I also have the right to expect and ask developers to introduce at least an optional easy difficulty level.

Once again, didn't say the opposite. You have the right to request something, we have the right to tell you it won't happen because it is not a necessity because the game resolves it by itself already.

7 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

doesn't bother me, They can have it written, you completed the GW2 storyline on super easy difficulty. They can also turn off achievements for super easy level, I don't care. For me, all that matters is a pleasant, nonfrustrating, easy completion of all story content.

Good for you, it was just an example to show your bias that you are modifying a game to your own and every needs because you don't want to learn, you just need dopamine and pleasure constantly flowing because any minor inconvenience looks like a huge wall. Take it the other way and find the full power of experiencing accomplishment by conquering something you couldn't do. 1) you'll have more fun, 2) you'll find the game cooler and funnier, 3) you'll learn an important life lesson, not everything can be fine tuned for your needs. But improving will literally accomplish what you're needing in this thread, aka completing the story

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

maybe the issue is you?

Maybe the issues is that GW2 is too complicated for a really casual player. Maybe the problem is that the entry threshold is too high. Maybe it's too difficult in areas where it should be easy, i.e. single-player story content

6 minutes ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

MMORPGs are designed for people who love complex layered massive games

This is just your opinion. Different people like different things. Some people like challenges, others hate challenges. If it were as you say, there would be no swtor, eso, or ffXIV

• Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

Maybe the issues is that GW2 is too complicated for a really casual player. Maybe the problem is that the entry threshold is too high. Maybe it's too difficult in areas where it should be easy, i.e. single-player story content

This is just your opinion. Different people like different things. Some people like challenges, others hate challenges. If it were as you say, there would be no swtor, eso, or ffXIV

lol No you are entirely wrong because the entire game is designed for casual players and the player base is in fact casual. if you cant cope with basic premises that are common in all mmorpg then the problem is you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Holy carps, how did this thread get to 13 pages... can we just lock this down now?

OP the difficulty ISNT going to change for your benefit, either learn to play, or play something else.

Closing a thread because you don't like my opinion would be a cruel sign of censorship. If you don't like my opinion, leave the thread and it will die.

Or maybe you are afraid that developers will look at my numerous proposals and requests and implement some of them. And that's why you think my thread is dangerous for you?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 5

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

Closing a thread because you don't like my opinion would be a cruel sign of censorship. If you don't like my opinion, leave the thread and it will die.

Or maybe you are afraid that developers will look at my numerous proposals and requests and implement some of them. And that's why you think my thread is dangerous for you?

lol omg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Darves.6798 said:

You can think whatever you want about your opinion and your sense of aggrandizement with this thread. The fact remains it is now unproductive and has run its course. Nothing new has been said in pages. There is no need for continued discussion since it won't add or change anything. 

I fully expect this thread to get locked at some point either with no reason or the reason that "it has run it course".

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

You can think whatever you want about your opinion and your sense of aggrandizement with this thread. The fact remains it is now unproductive and has run its course. Nothing new has been said in pages. There is no need for continued discussion since it won't add or change anything. 

If you read the entire thread, you should know that I proposed a lot of various changes. But people don't want to talk about them. Their position is, we don't want changes, they are not needed, learn to play. I will be happy to discuss, for example, how to introduce a super easy difficulty level for the story content, or how to make LFG better, so that the leader cannot be removed, so that players who join cannot edit the announcement, etc.

• Confused 7

42 minutes ago, Darves.6798 said:

If you read the entire thread, you should know that I proposed a lot of various changes. But people don't want to talk about them. Their position is, we don't want changes, they are not needed, learn to play. I will be happy to discuss, for example, how to introduce a super easy difficulty level for the story content, or how to make LFG better, so that the leader cannot be removed, so that players who join cannot edit the announcement, etc.

And if you search the entire forum history, or look at game chat on any map at any given time the chat about the game being too hard is almost zero.  Lets assume you don't have the capability of improving your skills to a basic level and continue to struggle in the long term:

Option 1) you will eventually get there when the knowledge and skills sink in, Anet continues to invest resources that improve the game for the majority including you (i.e get max value from money)  

Option 2) Anet picks up your ideas and implements despite the fact the vast vast majority don't need it, and FURTHERMORE eventually you wont need it when your skills improve in which case its entirely wasted resource.

Option 2 obviously makes no sense and is a waste of resource.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Darves.6798 said:

gw2 is so easy its considered a mmo for casuals.......if u find it too hard, u should consider gaming on candy crush or tetris. don't say nonsense thats not true to everyone about everything

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Darves.6798 said:

The game isn't complicated for casuals as GW2 is a casual MMO and has been for many years, the overall game design, combat design and progression have been the most casual out of all MMOs and from there over the years Anet simplified the game to get where we are today where any profession can do almost anything and encounters are designed around the lowest skill where the mechanics can be ignored and everything can be brute forced. 

It isn't the game's fault that there are people who are incapable of playing on their own and need the game to tell them what to do. You're making complaints that can be summed up as "didn't bother to read, don't understand it, why won't the game explain".

There are people doing Fractals and Fractal CMs with one hand, the game isn't too complicated, it isn't too difficult, you're just expecting the game to play for you.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

This is pure cheating on your part, I could learn to play the game well in 5 minutes? And people haven't learned in 14 years? Is this supposed to be a joke?

It's called a hyperbole, It's a typical rhetorical stylistic device (I hope that word is translated correctly).
It's an exaggeration used to show the importance of something.

The other user is right, you indeed spent much time arguing here. And they are also right with the point that you could have improved your gameplay significantly, if you spent your time learning about the game instead of arguing here.

People don't learn the game for the 12 years it exists. Most things are learned during leveling and once you reached lvl 80, it's only reading and understanding skills/traits.
It's not done in 5 minutes, but it doesn't take more than like an hour of testing skills and traits to know which one is good for what cases.
Most of the time reading them already is enough.

• Like 4

I'm actually starting agree that this is an AI bot, like chatGPT or something. 137 posts and every one on this single thread, all keeping up with the same narrative and essentially ignoring suggestions and even turning given responses into their "viewpoint" with near flawless spelling that google translator cannot provide while complaining english isn't their language. Also when people have asked various questions about native language, builds being used and so on... none have been provided because the bot doesn't have access to such knowledge. Not to mention the speed that the responses are coming in. Just lock the thread and move on I guess.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

When Vistas and Normal Hero Points are given as examples of how the game is too difficult there is nothing that can help the poster. Even a companion sold in the gemstore would be insufficient to help. Anything short of an <I Win> button that kills all foes and teleports the PC to a desired location would be insufficient.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darves.6798 said:

As far as I remember it was already said in this thread, but again, the game had a group leader at the start and the system was changed to majority vote because group leaders abused their power too often.

• Like 3