Climate Change In Janthir Homes

Since we have an option to choose between day or night, can we have weather change option too? Wet (rain all the time), or Hot and Dry (sunny 24/7) or Cold (winter snow). And it would be great if we could name our homes, like we named our guild halls.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

From the live stream we know that there seem to be larges patches of grass (which a Dev removed before planting the "forest"). The ones used looked to be more themed for autumn, perhaps we will get patches covered in snow or in a lush green as well as decorations.
If you are talking about particle effects in the air (snow, rain etc.) I'd rather have those not used, because they will reduce gfx speed and frame rates a lot. I'd rather have better frame rates with more decos placed than particle effects for weather.

• Like 1

While I don't recommend turning on weather for everybody, since it would pass through placed decorations, I wouldn't mind it being an option. Dynamic weather events exist in the game and they do have the ability to mark indoor zones to prevent weather from entering through the roof of the house at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Since we have an option to choose between day or night, can we have weather change option too? Wet (rain all the time), or Hot and Dry (sunny 24/7) or Cold (winter snow). And it would be great if we could name our homes, like we named our guild halls.

We did not name our guild halls :classic_huh: , they all have predefined names.

Also, climate change is not the same as change in weather. 😉 

• Confused 4

Maybe a "beacon of rain"  or something. For not too many gems in the gemstore. (Won't happen for free though. They are about to make money with the homesteads and I bet they will be milking them with any possible stuff that comes to mind - to release at the store besides the base decos you get to craft for 'free' with ingame mats.)

• Confused 1

Oh! Another thing that might be worth having in terms of climate is wind speed and direction control. When wind is gentle it causes flags, banners, grass, spider webs, etc.  to stand still. We have some cool guild hall decorations that are impacted by wind, but they tone down guild hall wind to a crawl.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Hmm, the ability to have one's Homestead be gloomy, overcast, foggy, and rainy could be cool.

Sounds like my kind of home 🙂 And going forward, let us do some simple terraforming, like adding more water or moving that river around, creating small hills, valley. etc 🤔 Okay, I know I am just daydreaming here. ANet said they know many of their players are very creative, well give us more tools to show ya'll 😄

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

they could make a decoration for that.

were we able to name our guild hall - never noticed

I'm still waiting to be able to name our Bank tabs. 😞

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2024 at 1:30 AM, Ashantara.8731 said:

We did not name our guild halls :classic_huh: , they all have predefined names.

Also, climate change is not the same as change in weather. 😉 

On 8/10/2024 at 10:53 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

they could make a decoration for that.

were we able to name our guild hall - never noticed

I'm still waiting to be able to name our Bank tabs. 😞

Sigh. When I said named guild hall I meant for example if you are in more than one guild that has Windswept Haven as their guild halls, entering thru the guild portal in OW will prompt you Fish In The Pond [WET]  Windswept Haven, Birds In the Sky [FLY] Windswept Haven, etc. So maybe the same for our homestead like Min Hui's Homestead? Ok forget that I mentioned it.

We already have Snow Maker, give us Rain Maker as well. Please.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Sigh. When I said named guild hall I meant for example if you are in more than one guild that has Windswept Haven as their guild halls, entering thru the guild portal in OW will prompt you Fish In The Pond [WET]  Windswept Haven, Birds In the Sky [FLY] Windswept Haven, so maybe the same for our homestead like Min Hui's Homestead? Ok forget that I mentioned it.

We already have Snow Maker, give us Rain Maker as well. Please.

They did something similar to the homesteads, but it is hard to see without observing the UI closely. Right now the homestead is named after the player who owns it. The name is displayed in the event panel, along with the decorations and settings button.